If geeks love it, we’re on it

Howdy, Stranger!

You found the friendliest gaming & tech geeks around. Say hello!

"penny-arcade" and bashing kotaku

oni_delsoni_dels Drunk French CanadianMontréal, Québec. Icrontian
i don't know how many of you read webcomics, but this neat lil Penny-arcade offspring called The Trenches tell the story of game dev / testers. i like it, it's funny, and mostly, different from penny-arcade (having a continuous story line instead of one-shots)
aaaaaaaaaaanyways, new one every tues and thurs, and this week it's all about insulting kotaku and making fun of it.
which is what everyone i know does.
yeah i read some article on there, but c'mon, how many fucking writers do they have?
and how many pointless "story" do they make a week?
kotaku is to game/tech news what fox news is to news.

Comments

• UPSLynxUPSLynx Top EA shill, The Dean of Computer Graphics Redwood City, CA Icrontian
    Kotaku has found an unecessary niche in the gaming industry that leads to floods of visitors, and they've built their culture around it. Things like rage-bait posts, blatant unsourced rumors, top 10 lists and other rubbish like that generally stake out a position ahead of actual games journalism. Unfortunately, readers flock to them for these kind of things (nothing like a good old fight on the internet) and this keeps them going. Sadly, this has given them much klout in the industry, and for console gaming they're one of the top tier sites for publishers to talk to.
  • SonorousSonorous F@H Fanatic Virginia Icrontian
    I find all of the Gawker media sites to be entirely useless these days. I still read them among other things but I can't stand the opinionated psycho babble fan boy rubbish they spew tirelessly across my screens. Kotaku included.