IC Twitch.TV Links!

NiGHTSNiGHTS San Diego Icrontian
edited January 2014 in Gaming
Hark! Ever feel like watching your fellow IC'er destroy a nexus? Gank a lane? Accidentally kill Jebediah Kerman? Backstab a medic? Rename their rollercoaster "Your Mom"?

Now you can!

A growing number of Icrontians are streaming their daily adventures ingame, why aren't you? Join twitch.tv, make an account, and follow us!

BobbyDigi -
BuddyJ -
CB -
Cola -
Decoy -
CannonFodder -
GnomeQueen -
Ilriyas -
_k_ -
Koreish -
Lynx -
Myrmidon -
NiGHTS -
PirateNinja -
Pragtastic -
Rexxar -
Shwaip -
Snarkasm -
TiberiusLazarus -
Tushon -

Your Following List - http://www.twitch.tv/directory/following

Get yourself up and running by reading the following guide HERE and downloading the free Open Broadcaster Software (OBS) software HERE. Questions? Ask your fellow friendly ICer in this thread!

I fully recommend the Better TTV addon for your browser, as well! Get it HERE!
PirateNinjaprimesuspectRyanFodderBobbyDigiRexxarRahnalH102JBoogalooAnnesCreeperbane2colaardichokeCB

Comments

• TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    Nice :D
  • UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian
    I'm twitch.tv/thqlynx

yeah yeah yeah
  • CantiCanti =/= smalltime http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9K18CGEeiI&feature=related Icrontian
    Can you stream anything? Like, can I stream myself watching someone else stream? CAN I DRAW PICTURES ON THE SCREEN AND GIVE COMMENTARY AT THE SAME TIME!?
    ardichoke
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    Oh my gawd that would be the money maker we've all needed for years.
    UPSLynxardichoke
  • GnomeQueenGnomeQueen The Lulz Queen Mountain Dew Mouth Icrontian
    Lol @Primesuspect we should Twitch me screaming at MvM.
    primesuspect
  • RyanFodderRyanFodder Detroit, MI Icrontian
    Canti said:

Can you stream anything? Like, can I stream myself watching someone else stream? CAN I DRAW PICTURES ON THE SCREEN AND GIVE COMMENTARY AT THE SAME TIME!?

This is actually a great idea. DOO EEET
  • shwaipshwaip bluffin' with my muffin Icrontian
    edited July 2013
  • RahnalH102RahnalH102 the Green Devout, Veteran Monster Hunter, Creature Enthusiast New Mexico Icrontian
    I'm such a bandwagoner that I already had mine setup and what not. However my internet is too slow to stream anything properly. You all are saved from Monster Hunter for now.
  • RexxarRexxar Maryland Icrontian
  • KoreishKoreish I'm a penguin, deal with it. KCMO Icrontian
    Canti said:

Well on Twitch.TV specifically at least 80% of your streamed content must be related to gaming; actual gaming. I know there are some broadcastors that stream sculptures and cooking, but they've said several times that they can only do it rarely unless they have direct permission from Twitch staff.

• CantiCanti =/= smalltime http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9K18CGEeiI&feature=related Icrontian
    And how exactly is what I described not related to gaming?
    I think if he comments on a gaming stream, that counts.
  • MyrmidonMyrmidon Baron von Puttenham California Icrontian
    twitch.tv/dampersand

Except I won't be using it because my internet can't do it without lagging my LoL game. :(

Maybe when I get better internet. Someday. But at least you'll have me on the list!
    I manage 720 p with 2.0 mb/s upload speed. OBS > x split
  • d3k0yd3k0y Loveland, OH Icrontian
    edited July 2013
    I guess I will have to learn how to OBS, Xsplit was kind of annoying anyways.

Speaking of which, I really miss Own3d. Being able to multistream people was awesome. Three friends and I used to stream ourselves playing the same game at once and I could hijack all of their stream uploads and put them into a single stream, but twitch doesn't support it which is lame.
  • I started playing with the Twitch SDK today. I have fun plans for an app if I can actually get the time to develop it. Basically it would draw the frames from a screen capturing filter in to a frame server, process (encode) the frames, and upload those frames as they become ready to the Twitch stream server. The idea being you trade of delay for performance and hopefully reduce dropped frames for those watching as well as reduce the cpu usage during your actual gameplay so there isn't as much impact on your fps.
    midga
  • BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian

I started playing with the Twitch SDK today. I have fun plans for an app if I can actually get the time to develop it. Basically it would draw the frames from a screen capturing filter in to a frame server, process (encode) the frames, and upload those frames as they become ready to the Twitch stream server. The idea being you trade of delay for performance and hopefully reduce dropped frames for those watching as well as reduce the cpu usage during your actual gameplay so there isn't as much impact on your fps.

So you're going to stream you coding it? :-)

-Digi
  • BobbyDigi said:

So you're going to stream you coding it? :-)
    -Digi

That's a fun idea :D
    Going to try to Stream some TF2 MvM

-Digi
    I would be willing to trade quality for speed. Currently I am streaming at 1080p+ but very choppy. What can I try to make better?

-Digi
  • TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    stream at 720 p > Settings > Video > Resolution downscale
    BobbyDigi
    edited July 2013
    Thanks Tush. Based on the current game of Lobby, looking pretty good.

Edit: Even at 480 it lags from both sides (interfering with games and choppy video), 99% sure the bottleneck is my internet connection. Now that I don't work for the ISP, it is time to upgrade.

-Digi

• MyrmidonMyrmidon Baron von Puttenham California Icrontian
    MOAR PPL STREMZ OVR MAH LUNCH HOUR PLS

Seriously, though, does anybody stream around 3PM EST?
  • You should be streaming over your lunch hour for all the other poor slobs who are stuck working.
  • MAGICMAGIC Doot Doot Furniture City, Michigan Icrontian

You should be streaming over your lunch hour for all the other poor slobs who are stuck working.

Or just stream yourself eating lunch.

• SnarkasmSnarkasm Madison, WI Icrontian
    3pm eastern is 9pm here. I could probably usually stream...
  • GUYS GUYS! You gotta check this shit out... Dude's eating a gyro!
  • d3k0yd3k0y Loveland, OH Icrontian
    I would totally watch if twitch would stand up off this pole in their ass and fix their connection issues.\
  • SnarkasmSnarkasm Madison, WI Icrontian
    Yeah, I can't even register an account now.
  • IlriyasIlriyas The Syrupy Canadian Toronto, Ontario Icrontian
    I started trying to stream but it was only giving audio not video, I added capture game and all that so I don't know what's going on.