Let's be friends and rob banks together. Payday 2 Discussion.

Comments

• BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian
    Aye!

I'm available after 9pm eastern.

-Digi
    _k
  • SonorousSonorous F@H Fanatic US Icrontian
    edited August 2013
    RootWyrm said:

You'll be dropped off outside a run down abandoned house. Time to make some Powerthirst^WCrystal Meth! As soon as you get near the house, you're going to get shot at by thugs. There is no stealth method. DON'T GO INTO THE HOUSE RIGHT AWAY. One, more thugs inside. Two, it starts the police spawns. Instead, around the property you'll find two small sheds and an entry to a basement on the side opposite from where you arrive.

Be advised, basement access seems to trigger the police.

• RootWyrmRootWyrm Icrontian
    Sonorous said:

RootWyrm said:

You'll be dropped off outside a run down abandoned house. Time to make some Powerthirst^WCrystal Meth! As soon as you get near the house, you're going to get shot at by thugs. There is no stealth method. DON'T GO INTO THE HOUSE RIGHT AWAY. One, more thugs inside. Two, it starts the police spawns. Instead, around the property you'll find two small sheds and an entry to a basement on the side opposite from where you arrive.

Be advised, basement access seems to trigger the police.

AFAIK that is a bug, but no confirmation on it.
    Add it to the list... ;D
  • _k_k P-Town, Texas Icrontian
    Digi and I ran through several together. Overall this version is so much better than the first. I can't wait for the higher levels so I can saw into ATMs.

Robbing the night club is hard. 2 and a half hours of fun trying to learn a little for release day.
    edited August 2013
    <3@_k_, The guys we were with were pro. Ran a job with @UPSLynx @Ilriyas and his bro and we did really well at communicating and getting the job done.

I've tried doing randoms and while I am by no means expert at this a lot of the players out there don't seem to understand that you can get more than the minimum loot. I was threatened to be kicked because I wanted to wait 20 more seconds for our last drill while the other three players ran as soon as the van arrived. It just isn't fun for me unless the team is communicating and we all understand what is going on.

I hope to get a group of Icrontians together tomorrow for a couple bank runs. Any takers?
    >
    Who wants a hot dog?

-Digi
    UPSLynx
  • midgamidga "There's so much hot dog in Rome" ~digi (> ^.(> O_o)> Icrontian
    It looks interesting, but it also looks like the sort of game I'd have to spend a decent amount of time playing to be able to remain a viable player. Not sure if I'd want another time investment like that.
    I'm up for runs around 12am Est when I get off work.
    BobbyDigi
  • UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian
    midga said:

It looks interesting, but it also looks like the sort of game I'd have to spend a decent amount of time playing to be able to remain a viable player. Not sure if I'd want another time investment like that.

The investment really isn't that bad. Sure, you won't have access to cool toys like C4 or the saw, but the nice thing is that this game doesn't basically put you at a penalty for being low level. If you're in the right team comp, nothing else matters.

I was level zero playing a hard mission with Ilriyas and his brother and his bro was carrying a buzzsaw enabling us to bust into the bank vault and rob all the lock boxes. I was able to hold my own in combat and play a defender roll while he cut open everything. I was, like, 30 levels below both of them, but I was still having a blast and completely effective. The game balances that stuff out nicely.
    BobbyDigi said:

I've tried doing randoms and while I am by no means expert at this a lot of the players out there don't seem to understand that you can get more than the minimum loot. I was threatened to be kicked because I wanted to wait 20 more seconds for our last drill while the other three players ran as soon as the van arrived. It just isn't fun for me unless the team is communicating and we all understand what is going on.

I want a hotdog. Also, totally agree with you. This game is going to be like L4D or TF2 for me - if I'm not playing with IC people, I probably won't play at all. Though I'm hoping the whole "we're not going to wait for additional loot" crap starts to go away post-launch as people learn more about the game.
  • IlriyasIlriyas The Syrupy Canadian Toronto, Ontario Icrontian
    I'm honestly surprised there are people with that attitude, everyone I've ever played with has insisted on getting all the possible loot. (Even at the huge risk of losing) Sort of an all or nothing approach to the game that made for some really big payouts.

Though again there are some pubs I can't stand, never play a Rat mission with people who don't know how to put item x into hole x. (They're like those kids with the simplistic shape puzzles who kept trying to put the star into the circle and got frustrated when it didn't work. Except now they know enough rudimentary English to swear and blame others.)
  • BlackHawkBlackHawk Bible music connoisseur There's no place like 127.0.0.1 Icrontian
    Heads up, the beta is available to people that own the first game. Should be right in your Steam library.
  • BlackHawkBlackHawk Bible music connoisseur There's no place like 127.0.0.1 Icrontian
    BlackHawk said:
    If you respec in-game, do you get your skill points back? It seemed clear you would be refunded money, it did not seem clear that you would get the points back.

-Digi

I believe you do.
    Anyone want to run some jobs tonight?

-Digi
  • CrazyJoeCrazyJoe Winter Springs, FL Icrontian
    BlackHawk said:

I got an extra beta key for an established forum member if they want it. First to request it gets it when I get home.

I'd love to check out this game if you still have the key.
    @CrazyJoe did you ever own the original Payday? Heist owners get beta access for the next 3 days.
    Nope.
    CrazyJoe said:

BlackHawk said:

I got an extra beta key for an established forum member if they want it. First to request it gets it when I get home.

I'd love to check out this game if you still have the key.
    Sorry, passed it on to @BobbyDigi a few days ago.
    My faith in Payday 2 pubs was further stuffed into a pit and then completely restored. Played for about 30 minutes and got a group of idiots who again wouldn't wait for the drill. Left me alone fixing the drill with little time on it left and I got taken down while they huddled in the van. Tried my hand at running alone with AI, that didn't go well.

Went back and just ended an hour and 20 minutes of amazing streak, didn't fail once, opened every single safe. smashed all the jewelry cases. Good times.

-Digi
    UPSLynx
    I would like to set up a few teams to do runs on specific nights, like "Money Mondays" or something clever. Anyone want to go in on something like this?
    I have off all of tomorrow. Will be taking down scores all day Monday no matter how much heat I feel is around the corner. Wolf leads my pack.
    Sonorous
  • TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    CrazyJoe said:

Nope.

Fixed unless you already got it, in which case, send it back :P
    BobbyDigi
    Thanks!
    Make sure to restart steam so Payday2 is sure to be updated before you start playing, already have some bug fixes out.
    Sonorous
    edited August 2013

My brother and I have been trying to do this since last night.

So fucking happy.

So much money.

Oh god the money.

Sonorous_kUPSLynx
    jelly
    We tried to get through that section last night with all stealth, but we didn't really have all the perks necessary to complete it.
    Note to those who played the beta but did not buy the game... the Beta gets removed from your games list but ~13GB of game files get left in your C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common folder

-Digi
    Sonorous