Let's be friends and rob banks together. Payday 2 Discussion.

Comments

• JBoogalooJBoogaloo This too shall pass... Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    I may be on tonight...around 10est. That's the plan so far. Respec'd and now need some more monies.
  • SonorousSonorous F@H Fanatic US Icrontian
    I can do a binge Payday 2 session tonight, I don't have to be up early for work tomorrow. So... in.

_k
  • IlriyasIlriyas The Syrupy Canadian Toronto, Ontario Icrontian
    Class at 1pm tomorrow so I can splurge a little on Payday
  • BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian
    I should be available after the football game :-)

-Digi
    BobbyDigi said:

I should be available after the football game :-)

-Digi

Changing my availability to this...
    Late night Banks? @JBoogaloo @Ilriyas @Sonorous

I'll be settled in and ready to play in about 10 minutes.

-Digi
    Y U No show up?

Man finding PUGs is annoying. But I did what I could and I am level 41, 2 masks richer (Hog and Shrunken head) and now I have the saw!

Maybe some time soon I can cut open some deposit boxes while you cover me eh?

-Digi
    _kJBoogaloo
    Sorry guys. I ended up having to go back into work for a while.
  • Y U Play so late Digi? You dern west coasters.

I'm hoping to rob bank tonight if people are on. Mebbe I'll even get my drank on while I do it. Alcohol plus virtual armed robbery = win, right?
    SonorousBobbyDigiJBoogaloo
    ardichoke said:

Y U Play so late Digi? You dern west coasters.

I'm hoping to rob bank tonight if people are on. Mebbe I'll even get my drank on while I do it. Alcohol plus virtual armed robbery = win, right?

Hopped on after the Football game.

I may be on later tonight. Got some family stuff to attend to.

Question: Is it more common to max a certain skill tree before upgrading another tree? I tried to go Enforcer/Ghost and it really seemed to slow me down getting to the higher levels. I am thinking of resetting the Ghost to further the Enforcer. I <3 my saw.

-Digi
  • I dunno what is common, but I didn't have enough cash to max out my first skill tree, so I started putting a few points into a secondary one. I usually put points into my "primary" tree when I can afford to, otherwise I put them into my secondary when they seem useful.
  • TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    I've been told that it is best to focus on a single role until you get whatever top tier skill you desire and then grab other stuff in (preferably one) other trees. I think I have 8 or 9 points total in not mastermind, to pick up the bag carrying and at least base skill in each.
  • _k_k P-Town, Texas Icrontian
    @Tushon is correct. Pick a class and stick to it because it will make you more valuable in the longer run and give your team a higher success rate. The top tier perk are so good that once you get to them they are worth everything. Resetting a tree would be worth it if you are looking at home you spent and realize there is one skill you dropped some points into that you aren't really using and maybe you can streamline the build to shave some points out of you say your enforcer build to help with your secondary tree build in mastermind. Pretty much find the top tier skill you want to use and figure out the MOST efficient build to get there.

After I say that there are a few skills everyone needs to build first. Medic and ammo bags, jammer, extra loot value, etc. These are items that unlocking at the start helps very much in the long run, think if you can get 10% more cash every mission starting from level 5 versus doing it at level 25 when you have a point to spare, or experience.

Right now I have a built enforcer with half built tech, those darn shaped charges. But one thing I keep looking at is why don't I build a tech until I have enough points until I have enough for lock picking in ghost. Thinking about this because getting drill perks right now is a very big plus for most everything but I view lockpicking as the best long term asset because you can run out of c4 but you can lockpick forever and it is silent. Plus then I get to do silly things like be designed to take agro as a tank but have perks that keep myself from pulling agro while suppressing.

Moral being build one class first with a standard base then build another class that you see the most benefit to your play style and the groups you run with normally until you have enough total points to respec for the desired skills.
  • MAGICMAGIC Doot Doot Furniture City, Michigan Icrontian
    Lockpicking is pretty slow, not as slow as drilling, but slow. I only have it as a last resort, I usually dont roll with a group that doesnt have someone with shaped charges.
    I stopped in the ghost tree after I got more damage on my silenced Bernetti, the ability to walk around unnoticed, hide bodies, take guards down in one punch, as well as the stealth utility afforded by the Mastermind tree is just too good. (Mentioned this before)

On the Mastermind side, the ability to plant 2 medic bags, dominate and convert super SWAT, create hostage trades in 0 civvy situations, get picked up by civvies, run an op with full assets for less than 10k AND get everyone to hit the floor while spraying wildly with an assault rifle are just incredible.

Recently there was discussion that the one at a time domination ability of the Mastermind was a huge nerf that (Along with 6 cable ties instead of 10) made the MM useless. I'd have to strongly disagree with that argument, much as I want them to bring back the Payday 1 hostage system the ability to tie up 6 civvies, and keep the others pinned to the ground simply by firing near them is incredible.

Other than that obviously the fact that an entire section of the Mastermind's skill tree is devoted to benefiting the team IN combat. (Low recoil, Near-limitless stamina, more xp per mission, the ability to revive teammates from a distance by shouting at them. etc.) Makes the MM way too useful in game. Also I like the ability that, if the whole team is down I can save it by killing one guy with a pistol.
    Sorry I no show up last night. Watched the game and gots a little too drunk and passed out mid fourth quarter, lol! I MAY be on tonight. Trying out the ghost tree now and after Ks post I need some more money to finish my spec, lol!
    Going to want to run in about a half an hour. Around 9 Pacific, 12 Eastern. Maybe run quickies for cards, maybe run some stealth for some moola!

Hit me up on Steam :-D

-Digi
  • JokkeJokke Bergen, Norway Icrontian
    Has anyone bought a 4-pack that I could buy into?
    Got about 7 hours in yesterday ( I can't explain it) and my take now is

So I have a huge basement with a room dedicated to stacking my cash out in the open...

...I can only have 9 masks at the same time

:wtf:

-Digi
    ErrorNullTurnip
    I may be on this evening, but depending on how the San Fran v Pack game goes will determine that.
    Money Monday.
    _k
  • _k_k P-Town, Texas Icrontian
    This guy right here ^ knows what is up.
    Ahhhhhh, I need money, but I have a house guest this week and the Skins game is tonight. Dammit...maybe still in though :)
    I can money for a bit I think, depends on when we start.
    I would like to have the making of the rain. Doing Four Stores and Mallcrashers by myself is getting old quick.

-Digi
    Sonorous
    So (I think) almost all of us have gotten the achievement already but I think this deserves a special mention purely due to the difficulty.

Tonight @BobbyDigi, @Tushon, @_k_ and myself accomplished, on our first try no less a perfect stealth run of Framing Frames.

What makes this an incredible achievement, of course isn't the first try, at least not on it's own. It's the fact that we completed it with no ghost perks. That's right no jammers, no body bags, no minimized visibility just careful timing and amazing coordination between the four of us.

To celebrate I took a picture of the guys at the end of our run.

SonorousBobbyDigi
    My view of the above described Framing run:

http://www.twitch.tv/b0bbydigi/c/2916265

Bonus stealth Gold Bank Heist with @Ilriyas @_k_ and @Sonorous

http://www.twitch.tv/b0bbydigi/c/2916292

(Of coarse my audio wasn't working for either of these... sigh)

-Digi
    edited September 2013
    K showed me this little trick on Four Stores, I use it to pick up cards (Gun mods and #Masks)

Jam the ATM in the convenience store. Hide behind the door until the van arrives. If necessary, saw through the door to the van.

http://www.twitch.tv/b0bbydigi/c/2916331

(1:00 - 3:25 is rather boring, just me hiding behind the ATM)

-Digi
  • SnarkasmSnarkasm Madison, WI Icrontian
    Ilriyas said:

perfect stealth run of Framing Frames.

BobbyDigi said:

-complete murder and mayhem for the first 8 minutes of the painting retrievals-

Does not compute :P
  • TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    Snarkasm said:

Ilriyas said:

perfect stealth run of Framing Frames.

BobbyDigi said:

-complete murder and mayhem for the first 8 minutes of the painting retrievals-

Does not compute :P
    Lulz. I suppose the whole run wasn't stealthy, but the important part was the last day being stealthy. The mayhem was fun though.
    JBoogaloo