If geeks love it, we’re on it

Howdy, Stranger!

You found the friendliest gaming & tech geeks around. Say hello!

NFL Football 2013/14

1131415161719»

Comments

• shwaipshwaip bluffin' with my muffin Icrontian
    edited Feb 2014
    RahnalH102
  • fatcatfatcat Mizzou Icrontian
    well played Gentlemen

trooster89BobbyDigiUPSHitman
  • Creeperbane2Creeperbane2 Victorian Scoundrel Indianapolis, IN Icrontian
    So much ouch
  • And the MVP of Super Bowl 48 is...... Bruno Mars!!!! with an assist from Flea.
    ardichokeRahnalH102
  • Congrats @Fatcat - we have to keep this going. @lincoln - I suggest a badge for the winner.
  • trooster89trooster89 Are you from London? Icrontian
    Great season everyone! This was a lot of fun. Can't wait til next year.
  • ardichokeardichoke Icrontian
    Breaking Madden seemed to be awfully prophetic on this one. Also, Madden stops tracking score after 255? Screw you EA, if you're going to give me the mechanisms to set up a lopsided game where I can run up 1500 points, you damn well better count that high.
  • BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! SoCal Icrontian
    edited Feb 2014
    Congrats fatcat. Down to the tiebreakers. I only wish Yahoo would be more clear with the breakers so I could see how close it really was. Well played Sir.

Great season guys. I think we'll definitely do the Pick Em again next year.

-Digi
    trooster89
  • fatcatfatcat Mizzou Icrontian
    BobbyDigi said:

Congrats fatcat. Down to the tiebreakers. I only wish Yahoo would be more clear with the breakers so I could see how close it really was. Well played Sir.

Great season guys. I think we'll definitely do the Pick Em again next year.

-Digi

Agreed. Would be nice to know how I won with you having an actually better %. I know the only tiebreaker for the SB was the score, so I guess I got it there?

Good season, was fun doing this
  • LincLinc Bard Detroit, MI Icrontian
    ardichoke said:

Breaking Madden seemed to be awfully prophetic on this one. Also, Madden stops tracking score after 255?

8-bit legacies are a bitch.
  • ardichokeardichoke Icrontian
    Lincoln said:

ardichoke said:

Breaking Madden seemed to be awfully prophetic on this one. Also, Madden stops tracking score after 255?

8-bit legacies are a bitch.
    lulz.

The amount of money EA makes off the Madden franchise, there better not be any code left over from the 8-bit days. Then again, it IS EA.
  • LincLinc Bard Detroit, MI Icrontian
    And 255 is the maximum value you can store in 8 bits...
  • Creeperbane2Creeperbane2 Victorian Scoundrel Indianapolis, IN Icrontian
    midgaCliff_Forster
  • BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! SoCal Icrontian
  • ChoochChooch K-Pop authority™, Pho King Madison Heights, MI Icrontian
    Cliff_ForsterCreeperbane2
  • KoreishKoreish I'm a penguin, deal with it. KCMO Icrontian
    So the Chiefs just signed wide reciever Weston Dressler from the CFL and I was watching some highlights of his play.

1) He's pretty good

and more importantly

2) Holy crap just how big is the endzone in CFL?

@Illiryas explain this to me, please.
    Koreish said:

So the Chiefs just signed wide reciever Weston Dressler from the CFL and I was watching some highlights of his play.

1) He's pretty good

and more importantly

2) Holy crap just how big is the endzone in CFL?

@Illiryas explain this to me, please.

It's quite simple, really. Watch this video and it will clear everything up for ya:

RahnalH102
  • WinfreyWinfrey waddafuh Missouri Icrontian
    edited Feb 2014
    goddammit canada.
  • UPSHitmanUPSHitman The Big Nasty Indianapolis, Indiana Icrontian
    Nice job fatcat. lets do this again next year Digi!
  • d3k0yd3k0y Loveland, OH Icrontian
    What in the hell is going on in that video. Also did anyone see the crazy eyes on the guy behind the coach?
    I think someone got a penalty for unsportsmanlike conduct as well. of course, that means tackling without either asking beforehand or apologizing afterwards. (the former being a 5 meter penalty, the latter a 15)
    midgaTushon
  • CrazyJoeCrazyJoe Winter Springs, FL Icrontian
    Basically what is happening in that video is that there are no touchbacks on punts or missed FGs. If the receiving team gets tackled in the endzone (which is 20 yards deep) with the ball the other team gets one point. If a missed FG goes out of the back of the endzone the kicking team also gets one point. So as soon as the Toronto player kept the ball from going out of the back of the endzone he had to punt the ball away. Being the last play of a tie game the Montreal player punted it back (in CFL you can punt it whenever you like and the other team gets the ball) to Toronto to try to tackle them within the endzone for the one point. The second player then tried to punt it back (you can also "dribble" the fumbled ball by just kicking it, but then only the kicker or anyone who was behind him when he did kick it can recover the ball.)

Conclusion, CFL is cray cray.