If geeks love it, we’re on it

Howdy, Stranger!

You found the friendliest gaming & tech geeks around. Say hello!

Our Own Wax Made it to Lifehacker

KwitkoKwitko Sheriff of Banning (Retired)By the thing near the stuff Icrontian

Comments

• ThraxThrax Professional Shill, Watch Slut, Mumble Hivemind Drone Austin, TX Icrontian
    > Reddit shirt

ಠ_ಠ
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    The dude ripped off his video from two years ago:

• UPSLynxUPSLynx Top EA shill, The Dean of Computer Graphics Redwood City, CA Icrontian
    Aw that's so crappy. Over 40k views on that and it's ripped off.
  • LincLinc Bard Detroit, MI Icrontian
    Really shocking Lifehacker would pull that crap. :rolleyes:
    UPSLynxChoochGnomeQueenmidga
  • SnarkasmSnarkasm Madison, WI Icrontian
    I seriously thought this was a thread that got necro'd. I remember this video's original post.
  • KwitkoKwitko Sheriff of Banning (Retired) By the thing near the stuff Icrontian
    Shit, I didn't realize he didn't give attribution to Tom. Weaksauce.
  • BandrikBandrik Elkhart, IN Icrontian
    edited Aug 2013
    A little annoying, but to play the devil's advocate, I'll point out that the writer did phrase it as "...the above YouTube video shows off a clever "clown car style"..." which implies they're just showing off an unaffiliated person's video and not someone actually from lifehacker. And you can always click the "view on youtube" and see it's Tom's work. It's not like they hijacked the vid and re-posted it on their youtube channel.

Yes, lifehacker gets views, but Tom gets views as well, plus more exposure. And lifehacker viewers benefit by learning to pack like a pro. And that's worth something, I suppose.
    JBoogaloo
    You're missing it, @Bandrik. They linked to a NEW video that someone else posted, a copy of Tom's original. Look at the usernames.
  • KwitkoKwitko Sheriff of Banning (Retired) By the thing near the stuff Icrontian
    edited Aug 2013
    No, it points back to Tom's original video.

//EDIT: Looks like the author had fixed the link and now it points to Tom's.
    GnomeQueen
    Nice! Because it didn't before :D
  • midgamidga "There's so much hot dog in Rome" ~digi (> ^.(> O_o)> Icrontian