Comments

• GnomeWizarddGnomeWizardd Member 4 Life Akron, PA Icrontian
    Yes Please
  • ChoochChooch K-Pop authority™, Pho King Madison Heights, MI Icrontian
    just take my wallet.
  • shwaipshwaip bluffin' with my muffin Icrontian

hammerdin? hammerdin.
  • d3k0yd3k0y Loveland, OH Icrontian
    I don't know to be honest. It looks so same same, Paragon with no limit is kind of cool when it goes across all your characters, but damn do I hate leveling through the same crap over and over again.

Loot Run is pretty much the only feature I really look forward to. I will probably only pick this up if it is 30 bucks or less, I have too many other things to play with EQ's 20th expansion coming out, FFXIV, ESO, and EQ:Next.
  • MAGICMAGIC Doot Doot Furniture City, Michigan Icrontian
    I wonder if the game will scale to paragon levels or if high paragon people will be able to blitz to 70.
  • GnomeWizarddGnomeWizardd Member 4 Life Akron, PA Icrontian
    All i know I gotta get on D3 and Lvl My guy is sitting at 36
    MAGIC
  • MiracleManSMiracleManS Chambersburg, PA Icrontian
    shwaip said:

PALADIN HNNNNNNNNNNNNG

Yes.

Guess I can stop DEing shields now they might end up having some value.
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    ZEALADIN V2 GET
  • UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian
    edited August 2013
    shwaip said:

hammerdin? hammerdin.

YYEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!! Hammerdin is my BRO in D2.
  • shwaipshwaip bluffin' with my muffin Icrontian
    Thrax said:

ZEALADIN V2 GET

Brofist of the heavens
  • trooster89trooster89 Are you from London? Icrontian
    Anyone wanna run through some paragon levels before the 2.0 patch drops?
    I've been trying to find time to get my WD some PLevels but man do I hate playing him right now.
    I found a nice reddit post summarizing some of the upcoming update changes:
    Game Changes
    A lot is changing with Reaper of Souls; so much so that it would be impossible to include everything in this post. Here is a quick run-down of the major changes you can expect:
    • Paragon 2.0 - Paragon levels are account wide instead of character specific. Each paragon level gives you a point to place in an attribute category. More info here here.
    • Loot 2.0 - Loot is receiving a massive overhaul. Stat rolls on items are being tightened (75-100 vs 1-100) to make more items potentially good for you. Legendaries are receiving unique, build changing attributes. A new Smart Drop system is implemented to make more items that drop relevant to the class you are playing. Drop rates have been scaled back (quality over quantity) to stop the flood of mostly-useless items. Items are also Bind on Account, but can be traded to friends who are within the same game as you when the item drops. There is a 2 hour time limit for the item to be traded, after which it is bound to you.
    • Enchanting - Through the Mystic you are able to re-roll one stat on an item to a potentially different stat. You can alway pick the original stat if the other options presented are worse.
    • Transmogrification - Also through the Mystic, you can change the appearance of your items to that of others, similar to how it is done in World of Warcraft. Rare item skins are unlocked as the Mystic is leveled up. Legendary item skills are unlocked when you identify the Legendary.
    • Adventure Mode - This is a new mode, separate from Campaign mode, that allows players to freely travel around the world, killing whatever monsters they want. Bounties are optional side-quests that grant bonus rewards for completing them. Nephalem Rifts are completely randomized dungeons with random enemies and random effects that spawn a random boss at the end, creating a unique experience and the chance for some epic loot!

I have mixed feelings about all of the loot becoming account bound, but I suppose with all of the crafting enhancements we're probably better off. In a game that's really an endless hunt for loot, I'm much happier taking quality over quantity. I rarely use the AH anyways and I always have the sinking feeling that I'm getting ripped off.

I honestly think BoA items and removal of the AH solves one of the biggest problems that this version of Diablo has had: keeping people playing. As many people have mentioned, there's very little reason to make more than 1 of each character class now. Keeping the gear locked (and specific) to the farming class is probably a good thing for the longevity of the game. Also, it should (hypothetically) reward players playing together.
  • CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian
    I might give this game another chance.
    edited February 2014

Anyone wanna run through some paragon levels before the 2.0 patch drops?

I'm in. I had been grinding MP10 killing Fields. I think I'm paragon 40. I am very happy with the changes they are making.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Magic-1793/hero/22589041
  • CycloniteCyclonite Tampa, Florida Icrontian
    Charity and I have been working through Inferno to get the achievements before they change the difficulty system. Just in case they make them feats of strength. Honestly, I enjoy the game as it is now. However, after hitting 60, we each spent around 150,000 gold and we're currently facerolling Inferno. It's satisfying to kill an elite (yellow/gold/purple/whatever they're called) monster in two hits, but it also removes most of the difficulty. I went from 5k DPS to nearly 35k DPS with that relatively inexpensive purchase.

I copied the same character to the PTR and played the 2.01 patch, and got a couple better drops within about 15 minutes of play. That's what I was hoping for from the beginning. In 1.08, I've received nothing worth even considering an upgrade. I feel like there isn't any good progression, necessarily, and the AH just made it that much worse.

TL;DR: Can't wait for the redesigned systems in patch 2.01+ :D
    trooster89
    Cyclonite said:

Charity and I have been working through Inferno to get the achievements before they change the difficulty system. Just in case they make them feats of strength. Honestly, I enjoy the game as it is now. However, after hitting 60, we each spent around 150,000 gold and we're currently facerolling Inferno. It's satisfying to kill an elite (yellow/gold/purple/whatever they're called) monster in two hits, but it also removes most of the difficulty. I went from 5k DPS to nearly 35k DPS with that relatively inexpensive purchase.

I copied the same character to the PTR and played the 2.01 patch, and got a couple better drops within about 15 minutes of play. That's what I was hoping for from the beginning. In 1.08, I've received nothing worth even considering an upgrade. I feel like there isn't any good progression, necessarily, and the AH just made it that much worse.

TL;DR: Can't wait for the redesigned systems in patch 2.01+ :D

Inferno was nerfed so hard, Monster Power returns some of that without making the scaling the same across. I run on MP3/4 for XP runs right now.
    Unless I missed the slider, does that become available only after you complete Inferno once? I saw a lot of reference to MP10 runs, and it took a bit of searching to understand the reference.
    Cyclonite said:

Unless I missed the slider, does that become available only after you complete Inferno once? I saw a lot of reference to MP10 runs, and it took a bit of searching to understand the reference.

I can't remember off hand (maybe). It should be when you change the level in the bottom left. I don't think it's a slider but a drop down.
    edited February 2014
    Cyclonite said:

No, but you have to enable it in the gameplay settings. Its disabled by default.
    Ah! I wouldn't have even thought to look there. Not sure why. Thanks!
    2.0 Is awesome. Gameplay is a lot more fun and the gear drops are amazing.

And on top of that there's a 50% XP buff until March 24th when RoS drops.
  • ChoochChooch K-Pop authority™, Pho King Madison Heights, MI Icrontian
    I cannot wait for RoS. Been playing a lot of D3 lately. Hella fun now.
    They ruined the WW Barb... Thanks for making the game better for everyone but me Bliz. Great job.
    MAGIC said:

They ruined the WW Barb... Thanks for making the game better for everyone but me Bliz. Great job.

I've been very happy that it's gone. I didn't find the play style very fun.
    MAGIC
  • CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian

ZanthianMAGICRahnalH102Chooch

Season 2 starts today.