If geeks love it, we’re on it

Howdy, Stranger!

You found the friendliest gaming & tech geeks around. Say hello!

How to Traumatize your kid

GnomeWizarddGnomeWizardd Member 4 LifeAkron, PA Icrontian
Make said kid Watch GhostBusters 2 then hang Poster ( pic below ) is kids room

JBoogalooSonorousPinkoni_delscolaBandrik

Comments

• JBoogalooJBoogaloo This too shall pass... Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    Parent of the year!
  • BandrikBandrik Elkhart, IN Icrontian
    edited Sep 2013
    Very nice! Haha, ahh good ol classic Ghostbusters movies.

I have one to share that a friend told me about just last night. For those of you familiar with the Gamecube cult classic, "Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem" there's a infamous scene where you can enter a bathroom and for a moment see yourself sitting lifeless in a bathtub and covered with blood.

See it for yourself: click here and go to about 1:30 into the vid. It's very brief, yet it's often regarded as the most jarring event in the whole game.

Well my friend had his young brother (age was 8, give or take a year or two) watch this scene. He instantly broke down into tears, and refused to go into the bathroom and look towards the tub for a while.

Fast forward, and he is in college now. Just a few days ago, he admitted to his older brother that to this very day he is still uneasy in bathrooms. He avoids bathtubs and doesn't even like looking at them, let alone inside them. The poor kid! My friend felt so bad!
    JBoogaloooni_delsRahnalH102midga
  • PinkPink Colour Sweden Icrontian
    Careful, you raise your kids like that and they might just turn out clever enough to get you back!
    Next thing you know he/she will stand in the end of a long hallway when you go on a midnight bathroom visit asking you to play with them... (I attempted a shining reference but I have so little faith that I pulled it off that I gotta explain it XD)
    oni_dels
  • GnomeWizarddGnomeWizardd Member 4 Life Akron, PA Icrontian
    That isn't me in the Picture and I wouldn't do that to my kids BUT i did crack a laugh when I saw it
  • BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! SoCal Icrontian
    Three Men and a Baby anyone?

I had my drapes open for YEARS.

-Digi
  • RahnalH102RahnalH102 the Green Devout, Veteran Monster Hunter, Creature Enthusiast New Mexico Icrontian
    It's just a cutout from a previous film forgotten on the set. Whoops.

Sometimes you don't even have to try. I had one little dream, not even a nightmare, when I was a toddler that made me so paranoid that I couldn't sleep in a bed without pulling the sheets over my head till I was 15. I could say that it's been 5 years since I last did that, but it would actually only be a few months.
  • PinkPink Colour Sweden Icrontian

It's just a cutout from a previous film forgotten on the set. Whoops.

Sometimes you don't even have to try. I had one little dream, not even a nightmare, when I was a toddler that made me so paranoid that I couldn't sleep in a bed without pulling the sheets over my head till I was 15. I could say that it's been 5 years since I last did that, but it would actually only be a few months.

You're not alone @Rahnal, I had huge issues with irrational fear of the dark when younger and I'd lie if I said I don't still look over my shoulder every now and then when going to bed. My thing used to be that I had to have the blanket tucked in everywhere around me since that made the best monster shelter.