anyone have a Surface RT?

GnomeWizarddGnomeWizardd Member 4 LifeAkron, PA Icrontian
Work got me a Surface RT so I can be more mobile for Inventory adjustments or trouble shooting customers and PDF usage. Anyone have one? what are your thoughts: any worth while apps ?

Comments

• MiracleManSMiracleManS Chambersburg, PA Icrontian
    We have one here at work, for general use it's pretty great with the full keyboard add-on.
  • My Surface RT is my computer for when I don't want to work and I want to relax. I literally can't work on it, which is great!
    I use mine once a week generally. I flip between mlb.tv and my fantasy football website on Sundays while I have couch time.

I also use it to Skype with relatives, check the weather, and play the games that came with it or the other free Microsoft games that you can download which are all pretty fun.

Google won't make a native Gmail app, and the Mail app that comes with it doesn't work with 2-way authentication so I can't use the mail app for my Gmail account. That really stinks, because the mail app is great! So I use IE to access my Gmail, which is OK but I wish Google would make a native app or the Microsoft Mail app would just work with oauth2/2way. Still, more reasons for me to avoid work.

I really like the native People app as well, which I have hooked in to my social network accounts. It's a pleasure to scroll through and see everyone's latest pictures/updates in 30 seconds without the clutter of ads, links and information overload that actually comes from visiting the SN websites.

I don't know -- it's my sit around and be lazy device, or my vacation where I know I won't have to work device. I don't use it for productivity. I like it that way.

I can tell you this -- I never go to the desktop. Windows 8 is great once you learn how to use the touch interface and you are on a device meant for touch. I use the keyboard once in a while, but I just love sitting there and brainlessly moving and tapping tiles with just the information I need and want.
    BobbyDigiTushon
  • GnomeWizarddGnomeWizardd Member 4 Life Akron, PA Icrontian
    Its coming with the touch pad . And everything I work with runs through PDFs or Office and windows 8.1 update allows outlook so that is huge. I can use team viewer to log into my station here at work which is a HUGE plus since I am off for 2 weeks when my wife has our third kid.
  • d3k0yd3k0y Loveland, OH Icrontian
    I should be getting one for work here soon as well as a Nexus 7. I have apparently turned into the defacto mobile program tester for my entire company.
    midga
    I am the first outside of the tech guy to test one out so I am kinda exceited
  • QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA Icrontian
    I have one but will be selling it soon... just don't need it.
    QCH said:

Yea I got one refurb with a Touch pad and 1 year warranty for 250 shipped Good luck getting much out of it
  • AlexDeGruvenAlexDeGruven Wut? Meechigan Icrontian
    QCH said:

I may be interested depending on how much you want to get for it.
  • QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA Icrontian
    I'll open a post in the Trading Post
  • allenpanallenpan ThunderBay, Ontario, CAnada Icrontian
    "I am off for 2 weeks when my wife has our third kid. "

i read it too fast as:

"I am off for 2 weeks when my kid has our third wife. "

i almost fall off the chair
  • ChoochChooch K-Pop authority™, Pho King Madison Heights, MI Icrontian
    I have a surface 2 rt that I really like. Won it through a twitter contest.