Guns of Icarus Online

trooster89trooster89 Are you from London? Icrontian
So I picked this game up on Wednesday during the mid-week sale. I've been eying it for a while.

The best way I can think of describing it is steampunk-fps-strategic-ender's game-team-arena-airship-battle

There's an array of different ships from slow heavy tanks to light, fast squids and (3) different classes: pilot, engineer, and gunner.

I can't emphasize the team aspect enough. It takes a lot of coordination between the crew and captain to keep the ship repaired and defended. And another layer of communication between the all of the captains on the team.

I know the first game wasn't a hit. But this game has significant improvements.

Given the right crew and team this game has a lot of potential to be a blast.

Plus who wouldn't want to relive the old glory of the Helium Wars?
_k

Comments

• IlriyasIlriyas The Syrupy Canadian Toronto, Ontario Icrontian
    I've had a copy for awhile, just been looking for IC peeps to play with.

If anyone is interested in starting a crew I'll totally reinstall
    _k
  • RahnalH102RahnalH102 the Green Devout, Veteran Monster Hunter, Creature Enthusiast New Mexico Icrontian
    Me, Zealock, and Enembis play this. Zealock loves the !@#$ out of this, and would jump at any opportunity to get a full crew.
    _k
  • trooster89trooster89 Are you from London? Icrontian
    Sweet! We should make this happen.
    _k
  • RahnalH102RahnalH102 the Green Devout, Veteran Monster Hunter, Creature Enthusiast New Mexico Icrontian
    Sorry for the lateness. This weekend is looking particularly busy for us but we could probably get a few runs in during the evenings. ~ 7pm Mountain time. Friday and Sunday are most likely to be open at those times for us. If you're free at those times we'll send invites. open to suggestions and attempting to tweak the schedule. When is good for you all?
    _k
    Sunday night works for me.
    _k
    I can play tonight or Sunday
    _k
    edited October 2013
    Sunday it is cause I'm horrible and didn't check IC earlier today. :(

STRIKE FROM THE SKIES BROTHERS!
    IlriyasZealocktheGreat_k
    Aaaaaand last minute changes that people like to throw at me. :wtf:

Should still be able to make it but likely may not be on time (though the time isn't set in stone.)

Feel free to start without us (Me and Enembis) and ad Zealock (is in the IC Steam Group)
    _k
    Oh that's a good idea. I should probably post on there, but I don't have stream group admin rights. : (
    _k
  • ZealocktheGreatZealocktheGreat SkyCaptain Captain of the Sky Icrontian
    Just throwin' this out here I don't really know how to do anything well EXCEPT for being a pilot on this game. I don't mean to be selfish it's just that all I'm good at is making boats dance. Also it seems that Rah completely forgot to do what I asked and include the term "SkyCaptain" in any one of his posts here. Although he did utilize a Warhammer reference so I guess that will have to do.

To be honest I don't rightly know how to utilize the term "SkyCaptain" so hens forth I will simply use it as my self proclaimed title for Guns of Icarus...even if I'm not the Captain.
    trooster89_k
  • ChoochChooch K-Pop authority™, Pho King Madison Heights, MI Icrontian
    wow this game looks fun as hell!
    _k
    I'm a solid Engineer, can't pilot for my life though I sure as hell know what to do right when piloting (Simply can't make it work) I can man guns as needed though I very much prefer the sheer chaos of running around trying to keep a ship afloat.
    _k
    @Ilriyas I'm right there with you. Piloting seems like a lot of pressure. It's no so much the mechanics but the strategy that holds me up.
    _k
    edited October 2013
    So there were several people I couldn't get ahold of or rather one. It is just as well that both Rah and Enembis were off in another part of the state this Sunday so how about we try the same thing again, but this Monday instead? I would vote for the time to remain at 7 mountain time as before.

What I'd like to do with this group is get a full team going rather than just one crew. It would be a cruel advantage in pugs
    _k
    edited October 2013

wow this game looks fun as hell!

Not to nit pick, but if I recall Hell is usually considered to be a location filled with eternal torment, and last I checked eternal torment is considered "not fun" Unless of course you are a masochist, but I rather doubt that Satan has a safe word.
    _k
    edited October 2013
    Just got back and dreadfully sorry about missing most of you all since you're on the other side of the continent. A small group is all that is needed so it should be easy getting this going almost any night.

Typically 8 people are needed for a full team, as it's 4 per ship just FYI. Hopefully we can drag a few others into our Steampunk dogfights. I do know that @UPSKingpin and @_k have this on there respective wishlists. What say you two? Enembis bought a four pack of the game but still has an extra copy waiting for an owner. If anyone else is interested let me or him know.
    _k
    I'm on right now if anyone wants to have a go at it
    _k
    Doesn't show you online on Steam but let's see what we can do.
    _k
    To the cloud!
    _k
    That was pretty epic:

RahnalH102ZealocktheGreat_k
    I keep forgetting to take screencaps. The better to entice others into playing.
    trooster89_k
    I played the other night with Rahnal, Zealock, and Enembis. Absolutely wonderful time, trying to keep a pyramidon afloat in the midst of a drawn out dogfight is proving to be incredibly difficult, if not impossible. (Incendiary rounds keep relighting fires and destroying components faster than Rahnal and myself can extinguish/repair)
    RahnalH102ZealocktheGreat_k
    edited October 2013
    Ilriyas said:

I played the other night with Rahnal, Zealock, and Enembis. Absolutely wonderful time, trying to keep a pyramidon afloat in the midst of a drawn out dogfight is proving to be incredibly difficult, if not impossible. (Incendiary rounds keep relighting fires and destroying components faster than Rahnal and myself can extinguish/repair)

Yah my ballz to the wall piloting skills do tend to kill us more often than not...but my K/D ratio is still 4 to 1.

Ilriyas_k
    Personally I prefer flak guns and snipers on an agile Goldfish but the up close approach is certainly more exhilirating and my engineering abilities are certainly in far more demand
    _k
    I prefer to roll a Junker rather than a Pyramidion, and on that junker I prefer to mix one side with long ranged weapons and the other side with short with a long range on front as well to keep the heat on. It still gets messy more often than not though.
    _k
  • _k_k P-Town, Texas Icrontian
    Is there still a group buy copy floating around that needs purchasing?
  • midgamidga "There's so much hot dog in Rome" ~digi (> ^.(> O_o)> Icrontian
    @_k_ I could get in on one.
    _k
    edited October 2013
    @_k_ I seriously thought your picture was some dudes junk...just letting you know that.

Oh and Enembis still has one copy to give away you can battle to the death for it or what have you.
    _k
  • midgamidga "There's so much hot dog in Rome" ~digi (> ^.(> O_o)> Icrontian
    @_k_ you can have it.
    _k
    _k_ said:

Is there still a group buy copy floating around that needs purchasing?

I've got one as well.
    _k