AGDQ 2014

KoreishKoreish I'm a penguin, deal with it.KCMO Icrontian
And so with a new year begins a new round of Awesome Games Done Quick. As always AGDQ is a streaming marathon of some of our favorite, and sometimes not so favorite, games completed as quickly as possible; all in an effort to raise money for cancer research. This year the charity of choice is the Prevent Cancer Foundation.

Streaming will start mid-day Sunday January 5th and last through late afternoon Saturday January 11.

Here is an approximated schedule of games:
http://marathon.speeddemosarchive.com/schedule

Lets start the new year right by helping to beat cancer with the quickness.
Canti

Comments

• WinfreyWinfrey waddafuh Missouri Icrontian
    It's gonna be a lot of fun to watch. I wonder how far they'll get with donations this year?

Also if I had to recommend a particular block to watch the ridiculous Megaman/Mario/Zelda block on the 7th will be unbelievable. Also the Awful Games Done Quick block is hilarious if only painfully so. The finale this year is Windwaker HD and Chrono Trigger which will be great as well. Really just tune in when you have a spare bit of time, you will be amazed by how badly they break some of these games.
  • oni_delsoni_dels Drunk French Canadian Montréal, Québec. Icrontian
    NES The Little Mermaid must be played. i finish it in 9min 38sec.
  • KoreishKoreish I'm a penguin, deal with it. KCMO Icrontian
    It has begun.

Stream link for those that care.
    Canti
  • Why is that guy wearing a Bugs Bunny suit? Meh, fuck it. Don't need to know.
    Aw Jimmy you missed the TAS runs just before this. They programmed Snake and Pong into Super Mario World and then played it.
    So, in case you missed it Grant Kirkhope the composer for Rareware during the N64 era, made a skype call to the runners and answered some questions. It was pretty cool.
  • SnarkasmSnarkasm Madison, WI Icrontian
    Evacuated due to fire alarm, apparently.
    Guys should turn on and watch right now. Sneaky's Megaman X4 run is really amazing.
    Twilight Princess just started, and already there have been some interesting glitches. It's a pretty long run, but I would recommend tuning in if you are interested and don't have a lot of responsibilities tomorrow.
  • CantiCanti =/= smalltime http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9K18CGEeiI&feature=related Icrontian
    I really dislike the long runs but the "back in time" glitch early in the game was neat.
  • CantiCanti =/= smalltime http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9K18CGEeiI&feature=related Icrontian
    Starfox 64 high score run ended at 2560 points. Crazy shit I tell you.
    and if you guys stayed up all night last night, you better be ready for tonight because Awful Games Done Quick starts late tonight and runs through the morning.
    edited January 2014
    They have breached $350,000 and there is still the Twitch donation, Minecraft donation, and YeTees donations to go. All of whch will be for over $1,000, and those are just the known large donations that have happened every year.

and right as I was posting this someone donated 10K. So yeah, they might break the 500K goal.
    Teamliquid and the starcraft community will drop some dosh during the Hearth of the Swarm Campaign speedrun, you can be sure of that too.
  • BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian
    A donator said it best about F-Zero GX "It was fun to see the game broken over the knee like that"

And now...

Awful Games Done Quick begins!

-Digi
    dude that F-Zero GX run was ridicufuckingbonkers. My mind was assploded
    PirateNinja
    The commentary for this Shinobi Legions run is pretty funny. Would recommend checking it out when the VoDs are up.
    They've broken 100,000 viewers, which means that Twitch.Tv is going to donate their max amount of $5,000.
  • Half life runs tonight, I'll be watching.
    To second @Winfrey, that FZero GX run was one of the craziest things I've ever seen.
    heard your donation before it got cut off @PirateNinja
  • shwaipshwaip bluffin' with my muffin Icrontian
    me too!

i donated in the sc2 segment, but they didn't read it :(
    Yeah I didn't watch the sc2 because I haven't played HoTS yet and spoilers :(

Pretty sick Half-Life run though.
  • The Half-life run was incredible, did not disappoint. Prevention is best cure ;)
    Winfrey said:

Yeah I didn't watch the sc2 because I haven't played HoTS yet and spoilers :(

Pretty sick Half-Life run though.

snape kills aeris, fyi.
    go mumble you clowns
    Canti said:

go mumble you clowns

moar liek dumble
    shwaip said:

me too!

I've donated $50 at every event for 4 years now and not once have I heard them read my donation.
    Koreish said:

shwaip said:

me too!

I've donated $50 at every event for 4 years now and not once have I heard them read my donation.
    I think it's a pretty popular donation time (it's a big thing on TL), so I didn't have too high of an expectation to hear it, but it would have been cool.
    well that game was dumb.

but pokemon next!
  • colacola part legend, part devil... all man Balls deep Icrontian
    They just passed Desert Bus!