WoW Mumble users

primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' BoopinDetroit, MI Icrontian
Please consider contributing to the Mumble server fund. It's generally supported by the Icrontic TF2 community, which doesn't even use it.

http://www.gameservers.com/clanpay/?clanid=e95b3c39f0a8c2bb5469b5bb7887e30e

Any amount you can chip in helps. It's not free to run. Thank you!

Comments

• RyderRyder Kalamazoo, Mi Icrontian
    edited January 2014
    Or just generally supported by the community ;)

And it actually seems to be working at the time of this post.
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited January 2014
    I'm hoping to avoid a situation in which the same ten people keep the thing running ;)
  • midgamidga "There's so much hot dog in Rome" ~digi (> ^.(> O_o)> Icrontian
    I'd love to contribute again, but I'm a little wary of contributing to a mumble server that goes down as much as this one does...
  • HydrarHydrar Columbia, MD Icrontian
    midga said:

I'd love to contribute again, but I'm a little wary of contributing to a mumble server that goes down as much as this one does...

I'd be willing to contribute to a better server as well.

• MyrmidonMyrmidon Baron von Puttenham California Icrontian
    I'd be okay with someone hosting the server in-house. It looks very simple to set up. I looked into it for setting up on my private server... and I shamefully do not have the bandwidth, though it looks attainable for a home user. Just a thought.
  • TiberiusLazarusTiberiusLazarus Icrontian
    edited January 2014
    I plan to do some poking around with getting a server set up tonight. I've got some big dreams for something, but getting a simple server up and running should be simple.

Also, I'll toss a few ducks at the current server fund just for back fill.
  • If the mumble server is really an issue we could honestly just get a virtual box at digital ocean for it for $5/mo. We could probably put on minecraft, terraria, and other stuff like that as well.
    However, I'd rather just pay a company to do it though and not have to rely on any single of us if something goes wrong. We also don't need any of us to maintain the server.

Made my annual donation.