First raid - January 12, 2014

primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' BoopinDetroit, MI Icrontian
I had a fantastic time. This raid showed that I am interested in optimizing my character and tackling more of the end-game content.

Just wanted to say thanks to everyone for their patience, explanations, advice, and assistance. :)
JBoogaloo

Comments

• TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    edited January 2014
    I was very happy with it as well. Went beyond my personal time limit, which I need to prevent in the future but it was great fun :)

Big positive was the manner in which the fights were explained and inevitable wipes handled. @Hydrar did a great job giving pre-fight summaries as well as providing that imgur link and @Myrmidon came up with some good mid-fight management stuff (nameplates). Progression is all about seeing where you are at as a group skill and gear wise and we found that limit, ran against it a few times to make sure it was there and should be able to clear it next time
    JBoogaloo
  • HydrarHydrar Columbia, MD Icrontian
    A WoW Dev posted yesterday:

Avg successful flex group for Wings 1&2 has an ilvl in the 530s. 540s for 3&4, though it's doable with less. Not too surprising

— Watcher (@WatcherDev) January 14, 2014

With folks running LFRs this week, I think most people will be near 525+ iLvl by Sunday, which would all but guarantee a quick Flex 1 and time to work on Flex 2. Newer 90s wanting in on Flex, I strongly encourage you to run SoO LFGs this week prior to Sunday. I'd like for us to be strategy challenged, not gear challenged, because I know we're focused and smart enough to figure out the bosses.
  • midgamidga "There's so much hot dog in Rome" ~digi (> ^.(> O_o)> Icrontian
    Gonna try some LFR tonight. It would be super sweet if some more experienced peeps grouped up with me.
  • TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    I should be around and am still working my way through the LFR queues.
    midga