New build network problems

GnomeWizarddGnomeWizardd Member 4 LifeAkron, PA Icrontian

So I built a new build over the weekend and installed windows 7. I get the " Unidentified network / No internet access " now matter what I do. The Mobo is a P5K-E and using the on board NIC. I have tried the Wireless AND a new NIC card with the same results. I have re installed Win 7 Two times also I have tried plugging in a separate Router and Plugging Directly in to the Modem I have reset the Modem and Router Multiple times. I am completely Baffled on what to do. I have released the IP tried a different MAC address and still nothing.

Comments

• Are you getting a proper IP from your router (usually 192.168.x.x), or do you get 169.254. etc. ?

• GnomeWizarddGnomeWizardd Member 4 Life Akron, PA Icrontian

Yea I am online with my surface my phone and my Macbook. The Ips are all correct

• TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    edited March 2014

This is the driver page for that motherboard. Probably a healthy idea to download drivers from there for install.

Here is the latest driver for your particular NIC (newer than the driver support page from ASUS).

Try installing the second link, (clearing any settings if possible), rebooting and provide a print screen of the network connection status and details page from Network and Sharing Center (click on the "Local Area Connection" link).

I have installed the Latest drivers from Asus everytime Ive reinstalled

• @GnomeWizardd said:
    Yea I am online with my surface my phone and my Macbook. The Ips are all correct

But are you positive that the new build itself gets a good IP from its router? I mean did you check ipconfig /all ?

• TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    edited March 2014

@GnomeWizardd said:
    I have installed the Latest drivers from Asus everytime Ive reinstalled

Right, but that's what I specifically stated to not do :) latest drivers are not on their website and both @PirateNinja and myself asked for additional info to help figure out where the problem lies.

When I get home Ill Install that Specific Driver and Try that. If that doesnt work Ill post a Screen of the Ip settings

What gets me is the fact Ive tried a netgear Card and the Wireless and still get the same thing

• @GnomeWizardd said:
    What gets me is the fact Ive tried a netgear Card and the Wireless and still get the same thing

Yeah I agree, I think that's why if I had to guess I'd say something is interfering with DHCP and you are getting a 169.254 IP from windows because it failed to communicate with your router. Could also be there is a proxy setup. Is this fresh install of Windows using a legit or "standard" copy, not a "Windows 7 Leet Torrent Edition" that comes with fun surprises like this?

For IP settings you can open a command window and run "ipconfig /all > c:\net.txt"
    It will output what you need to the net.txt file and you can paste its contents here.

Its a torrent Edition but Ive used it on every one of my personal PC's ( 6 or 7 of them )

This discussion has been closed.