Question About Steam

TweakDragonTweakDragon Sitting In The Sweater That Hug MePottstown, PA Member
I am playing StarMade which is currently in it's Alpha phase but I saw on their website that they are on steam in the greenlight section. I did a search in greenlight and found it but did not see a download button. Is there a way to download games from the greenlight section?

Comments

• ardichokeardichoke Icrontian
    edited March 2014

No. Steam Greenlight is a section where you can vote for games that you WANT to see on Steam. Anything listed there is inherently not yet on Steam. You should read the Greenlight FAQ for more info about what it is.

• BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian

The short answer is no. While in the Greenlight process, they are in the "voting" period. Steam users can upvote it so to speak if they want to see it as a title available through Steam. Once Valve decides to make the game live, then it can be purchased and downloaded through Steam.

Many of the companies that are going through Greenlight will promise a Steam key to its Alpha/Beta players once available but it is up to the company producing the game if they do that or not. It's on a case by case basis so your best bet to get an answer about your specific game would be to contact that company itself asking if you are due a Steam key eventually based on how you entered the Alpha with them.

-Digi