Flex Garrosh / 10N Progression

HydrarHydrar Columbia, MD Icrontian

Interest in continuing? Seems like we're struggling to get 10 online. I hate to see us get so close to a Garrosh kill and then peter out.

Just a bad night tonight, or should we switch from Sundays?

My preference would be Wed/Thur. Sundays I can go from 10-12. Fridays & Saturdays are tough for me to commit to.

Comments

• ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian

For me, just a bad night tonight. Sunday is always my preferred night.

• primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited April 2014

Just a bad night. Had to take a 700mi trip this weekend.

Still very excited to down Garrosh as a guild. One bad night does not "the guild is dying" make.

Sundays are definitely still best for me.

• TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian

Sundays are good for me as well, just had furniture to buy.

• MyrmidonMyrmidon Baron von Puttenham California Icrontian

If you keep putting events on the calendar, we can see when we're out of people; that way nobody has to cancel plans in vain.

Alternatively, if you're not planning to run a normal sunday raid, a thread in the forums saying so worked well on our first go-round.

• midgamidga "There's so much hot dog in Rome" ~digi (> ^.(> O_o)> Icrontian

I checked the guild calendar and there was nothing, so I stayed out of town.

• HydrarHydrar Columbia, MD Icrontian

I should have posted. I mentioned on Mumble that I would be late, but it's probably better to post.

• RyanFodderRyanFodder Detroit, MI Icrontian

Here are some of the bits of advice for taking down Garrosh I've been looking up.

Recommended DPS is ~ 160k or higher.

Spike damage (for Mind Control) is recommended.

I looked up some stuff on Icy Viens.

Take a look at tips specific to your class. Figure out how you can CC and burst down Mind Control targets and the little shas that come out during Empowered Whirlwind.

Looks like we are doing the same strat that most recommend, we just aren't doing it fast enough. The key is that each person needs to grab, hold, and KILL one of the little shas during empowered whirlwind, and BURST down the MCs with spike damage, with no overlap between the two.

edited April 2014

Pursuant to the above point, check out these DPS rankings by ilvl. This is for approximately ilvl 553 people, but there are tabs for other common intervals as well.

Subtract about 60K DPS (+/-5%) from what you see there to get real-world figures that are unquestionably achievable in a real raid.

These figures should give us personal goals we can all be reaching towards to finally down Garrosh. It gives us a real sense of where we need to be, versus where we are today on a personal level.

At this point, our success exclusively depends on every DPS class playing at the top of his our her game. We are not constrained by strategy, tanking or healing.

//EDIT: It's worth noting that the generally accepted threshold for Garrosh-ready DPS is 175-200K DPS. You'll find that's what most people are looking for if you went out to PUG a flex, and the wisdom of the masses has centered on this value for a very good reason: it ensures success. You can obviously have one or two below that, but 90% of your raid must meet that criteria.

edited April 2014

Garrosh tips for shadow priest:

Blank

Sigh.

This is just a really rough fight for shadow. I can't pull but 80% of my normal dps because every situation other than the short fight at the end of the test realms is highly mobile and involves a lot of target switching. The best I can hope for are a lot of Mind Spike procs, which is entirely up to the RNG gods.

I need to pug some normals. Dat gear

• RyderRyder Kalamazoo, Mi Icrontian

@Tushon said:
    I need to pug some normals. Dat gear

Or run with us on Tuesday nights.

edited April 2014

Wasn't aware there was a "standing" group, will be available tonight. :)

EDIT: I think I was actually, just been busy recently.

TF2sdays. I will not ever be able to run a Tuesday 10N

@Tushon I can try to grab you tonight if there's a dps spot open. We have two tentatives right now.

@primesuspect‌ there are some very small ideas here : http://howtopriest.com/viewtopic.php?f=66&t=4508&sid=d07b129b735b4f0cc40e9968901f6eaa&start=10

But this is widely considered a very tough fight for spriests to bring the numbers.

• RyderRyder Kalamazoo, Mi Icrontian

I am one of the tentatives only because I wasn't sure of the time. It says 10:30pm which would be realm time, I assume. Too late for me to start.

Did I forget to type it in the description?

Sorry, we span three time zones. I always try to write the actual time in the description.

@Myrmidon said:
    Did I forget to type it in the description?

Sorry, we span three time zones. I always try to write the actual time in the description.

I would suggest (again? not sure if I've talked about this before) that you orient on realm time for this reason. Let everyone else figure out if it works for their time zone. In EVE, you almost always reference 'EVE time', which happens to be UTC, but never reference a time zone to avoid the confusion. So, the event's should always be created to match realm time and then it will display the difference automatically IIRC on each person's client.

midga
    edited April 2014

@primesuspect said:
    Garrosh tips for shadow priest:

Blank

Sigh.

This is just a really rough fight for shadow. I can't pull but 80% of my normal dps because every situation other than the short fight at the end of the test realms is highly mobile and involves a lot of target switching. The best I can hope for are a lot of Mind Spike procs, which is entirely up to the RNG gods.

From another forum:

Garrosh: Finally got him yey! Used a standard build, SW:I with DI for some procs, really helpfull during the temple intermissions.
    Halo worked best in P1, when all the adds were stacked up on Garrosh, also done quite some damage on the adds in ToeS and the ones spawned by Empowered Whirl of Corruption.
    Body and Soul for moving away from Desecrate, or to run towards Engineers if assigned on them. Void Tendrils is useful if you want to root some Empowered Whirl adds.
    Also, this marks the first PvE fight I got to use the Psychic Horror spell.
    If Empowered MC is cast, you might need to have both Silence and Psychic Horror at the ready to interrupt that respective person.
    Also for mc's, have Mind Spike glyph to burst them down faster.

Edit: Brian, when you get your cloak, you'll be fine. SPriest really does have rough numbers for DPS on this fight right now. My thought when I read this was "I hope that mind blast + mind spike + mind spike + mind blast would get a MC down, or my DPS would be shit."

I also cannot make Tuesdays or Wednesdays, because I have conference calls with Taipei for Computex planning through June. Thurs-Sat are fine.

Psychic Horror interrupts MC? intriguing.....

RyanFodder

Not the empowered though :( I also just realized last night that I have Psychic Horror.

Ah, shit. We're not having any trouble with MCs in Phase 2 at this point. Not sure how much help that will be then. Meh.

edited April 2014

We sometimes have trouble in P2 with MCs. Either way, you might as well try it and myleanate the memory pathway associated with 'stun.' get used to using every skill you have - hell, I stun bonecrushers on galakras, bloods on paragons, and assassins on nazgrim... and take it upon myself to be backup interrupt on shamans wherever they appear. I also spam judgement on garrosh in the transition phase so that the second I can, I'll hit him and stop him pulling energy in case a DPS doesn't. It's good to know and be ready to do the 'little extra' you can do to save a raid.

Kind of like how you listen to the healer chatter and pop vampiric embrace when we're getting shit on. :D

• SusurroSusurro Dubuque, IA Icrontian

This has convinced me to start pushing for my cloak again. Ran an LFR the other night just for Secrets and got 3 off the 4 bosses we finished. Better than last time when I got 0...

RyanFodder
    edited April 2014

Got my 12th Runestone last night. Cloak incoming :rarr:

@LINCOLN THE RARR SMILEY IS BORK FIX NAO

@Susurro said:
    This has convinced me to start pushing for my cloak again. Ran an LFR the other night just for Secrets and got 3 off the 4 bosses we finished. Better than last time when I got 0...

I'll happily help run you (and anyone else interested) through flex 1/ flex 2 for runestones / secrets.

• RahnalH102RahnalH102 the Green Devout, Veteran Monster Hunter, Creature Enthusiast New Mexico Icrontian
    edited April 2014

@primesuspect said:
    Got my 12th Runestone last night. Cloak incoming :rarr: .

LINCOLN THE RARR SMILEY IS BORK FIX NAO

You're welcome.

Serious note: smilies won't display unless there is something after them. I threw in a period there.

• Brb, gonna get lost in numbers for a bit.

RyanFodder