If geeks love it, we’re on it

Howdy, Stranger!

You found the friendliest gaming & tech geeks around. Say hello!

Star Wars Episode VII discussion

Comments

• RyderRyder Kalamazoo, Mi Icrontian

OLD

• WinfreyWinfrey waddafuh Missouri Icrontian

@AlexDeGruven said:
    I thought the wording was interesting. In the trailer, Luke says "My father has it". Present tense. Whether it means Darth is back, or if it's about communicating with glowing blue Anakin, I'm interested to see where they go with it.

Pretty easily explained because M. Night SHAMALAMADINGDONG twist, Han is Luke's Father and Jar Jar was Yoda's son.

• primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian

Matthew McConaughey reacts:

PirateNinja_kChooch
  • ChoochChooch K-Pop authority™, Pho King Madison Heights, MI Icrontian

I believe Anakin lives through the living force. Which is why Luke said has. Luke is able to communicate with Obi-Won through the living force and probably talk to Anakin the same way.

GnomeQueenIlriyas_kBobbyDigi
  • Creeperbane2Creeperbane2 Victorian Scoundrel Indianapolis, IN Icrontian

@primesuspect said:
    Seems like if it was a religious artifact it would be a Jedi artifact since it represents the ultimate redemption and triumph of the Light side over the Dark.

However the Sith might believe that it still carries a trace or three of Vaders power and seek to gain that power.

• IlriyasIlriyas The Syrupy Canadian Toronto, Ontario Icrontian

At the end of Return of the Jedi we see Anakins force spirit watching Luke along with Yoda and Obi Wan, he's dead and at the same time not. Wouldn't surprise me if Luke talks to him on occasion.

So in all practical terms he still 'has it' because he's only mostly dead.

Ryder
  • Cliff_ForsterCliff_Forster Baltimore, MD Icrontian

If it was possible that a time warp to the opening showings in December would end all humanity as we know it, I might take that risk....

• Creeperbane2Creeperbane2 Victorian Scoundrel Indianapolis, IN Icrontian

Imma leave this here.

FettBaconLincardichoke
  • BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! SoCal Icrontian
  • UPSLynxUPSLynx Top EA shill, The Dean of Computer Graphics Redwood City, CA Icrontian

I can't.

The chills, the emotion, the tears.

This dumb video has broken me. I cannot wait for this film.

ChoochRyanFodderRyderLinc
  • KwitkoKwitko Sheriff of Banning (Retired) By the thing near the stuff Icrontian

That. Was. Fucking. Incredible.

• RyderRyder Kalamazoo, Mi Icrontian

So much dust in the room.

I cannot wait. This will be epic.

• SignalSignal Icrontian

Guys, we have Star Wars back.

LincUPSLynx
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian

Exactly how I feel. I feel like an abuse victim giving their abuser one last chance

ThraxRydersharkydart
  • KwitkoKwitko Sheriff of Banning (Retired) By the thing near the stuff Icrontian

I've given too many last chances, and I will continue to give last chances until they stop making the movies.

PirateNinjaLincsharkydart
  • BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! SoCal Icrontian

Chills. Holy shit I want this movie in my mouth.

-Digi

PirateNinjaChooch
  • UPSLynxUPSLynx Top EA shill, The Dean of Computer Graphics Redwood City, CA Icrontian

Calling @Linc - new Instagram aspect ratios for landscape and portrait images/videos don't play nice with Vanilla's embedding.

• Cliff_ForsterCliff_Forster Baltimore, MD Icrontian

I just informed my daughter she will be at the very first midnight showing. She rolled her eyes. I informed her, child you were born into this, you will make Dad happy... Jedi mind trick.

BobbyDigiChoochprimesuspectCreeperbane2
  • pseudonympseudonym Michigan Icrontian

Who's talking!?!? Who is talking!?!? I'm losing my mind over that clip.

• LincLinc Bard Detroit, MI Icrontian