New Job = New Build

KoreishKoreish I'm a penguin, deal with it.KCMO Icrontian

So I have, another, new job; key difference being, this one doesn't rely on the generosity / kindness of others. With my newfound, and steady, income I'm seriously looking into finally building a new computer. It's been a long time since I built anything, and even longer since I did research on parts. This is a build that I can up with based on what I remember, and what fit into my budget. I'm open to suggestions and tweaks, but I hope to keep it under $600.

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/ZdJBGX

@Thrax‌ I'm buying your shit™

Comments

• NiGHTSNiGHTS San Diego Icrontian

No real dog in the fight, but you might save a few bucks with an alternative SSD. I know that everyone swoons over the EVO series (and they're reliable, I know) but the competition from Corsair, among others, is cheaper. Shave a few dollah's there and add a few dollah's to the GPU and I think you'll be in better shape.

Same could likely be said for the RAM, as well - if you aren't going to overclock and you're content settling for just some good 'ol boy RAM, it's more money in your pocket/that you can throw at the GPU.

Koreish
  • NullenVoydNullenVoyd Orlandish Icrontian

Agree w Nights, looks like a stand-up build tho. Actually been considering the R9 270X myself, but moving states puts a kibosh on that for a bit for me.

• SonorousSonorous F@H Fanatic US Icrontian

@Koreish Do you subscribe to Newegg's Shell Shocker Deals email? I see decent SSDs and PSUs on there all the time. Might help you save a few bucks at the expense of time.

Koreish
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian

Congrats on new job!

• ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian

awww yissss.

Micro ATX motherboard, though? Good, but not recommended.

• KoreishKoreish I'm a penguin, deal with it. KCMO Icrontian

@Thrax said:
    awww yissss.

Micro ATX motherboard, though? Good, but not recommended.

Suggestion?

• pragtasticpragtastic Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    edited July 2014

Whoa did RAM get expensive lately? On that note, 8gb will hold you for a while but I'd push for 16 if at all possible.

Edit: On second look, since you have 4 dimms to work with, you could always buy another 2x4 down the road.

• ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian

@Koreish said:
    Suggestion?

Depends on how much you want to spend. I only suggest full ATX because mATX limits upgradability down the line.