Shadow Of Mordor

MrTRiotMrTRiot Northern Ontario Icrontian
edited September 2014 in Gaming

It's very rare that I buy a game when it first comes out let alone preorder it. In fact the last game I preordered was Spore and we all know how great of an investment that was...coughmostpiratedgameofalltimeonreleasecough

BUT THAT HAS CHANGED!!!

For those who don't know about it feel free to check out the video. I'm pretty stoked for the nemesis system mixed with the open world and ya know, the epic combat.

Thoughts? Opinions?

Oh and here's a live action video about it because it's just that epic... [Edit: The live action video is rather violent. You've been warned]

Comments

• SonorousSonorous F@H Fanatic US Icrontian

I like what I have seen. As a huge LOTR fan I most likely will buy it on release. The political chess game that is the underlying core of the game play should help distance it self from what I would consider a stagnated free run hack and slash genre. I really want this to be good. I'm torn on platform though.

• MrTRiotMrTRiot Northern Ontario Icrontian

After putting a few hours into this I can honestly say I'm impressed. The difficulty can get pretty high when you start to get swarmed by dozens of orcs and the accompanying captains. Dying isn't game breaking at all and actually serves a purpose unlike most games. Combat seems smooth and how it's integrated is a nice touch...

The only complaint I would have currently is camera controls on the mounted beasts. It can get a bit wonky at times but it can be worked around with some practice.

Total score 9.6/10

Sonorous