Streaming Music Services

drasnordrasnor Starship OperatorHawthorne, CA Icrontian

I'm an internet radio newbie and find that my new desk location is aggravatingly loud. I have high-isolation headphones and need stuff to listen to. I am looking for a service which I can help teach what I like and then have it suggest things. Problems are that I am eclectic and like classic rock, 90's punk, 80's metal, techno, j-pop, and chiptunes. Help me find something that works; subscription is OK.

Comments

• ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian

Well, this is not procedural radio, but: https://www.scenemusic.net/demovibes/streams/

My go-to source for chiptunes music. Never disappoints.

JBoogaloo
  • BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian

Pandora has a shuffle all feature so you could create multiple stations based on your multiple preferred genres and then they would all act as 1 station. Then if you happen to be in the mood for a single genre, you can narrow that down rather easy. There is also an "Add Variety" feature I have not played with much but I believe that would allow you to inject artists/songs into a station to expand a single station. As you probably know, Pandora works on a Thumbs up / down method of teaching your stations what you like and dislike so the more you listen and vote, the "better" your station will get.

-Digi

• CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian

Similarly, spotify allows you to listen to a 'station' based on one of your playlists, so it plays 'more music like this', and you can make those lists as diverse as you like. You cannot, however, select multiple playlists, and shuffle them all at once, so you need a differnt playlist for each subset of music you might want to listen to (which is why I have over a dozen playlists.)

• ChoochChooch K-Pop authority™, Pho King Madison Heights, MI Icrontian