Google Inbox Invites

NiGHTSNiGHTS San Diego Icrontian

Anyone got any? Interested in seeing this thing in action - read good things and bad things, would be cool to try it out!

Comments

• KwitkoKwitko Sheriff of Banning (Retired) By the thing near the stuff Icrontian

PM me.

BobbyDigi
  • doabarrellrolldoabarrellroll San Jose, CA Icrontian

I've got 3 more after I invited my personal account. PM if you want.

BobbyDigi
  • CycloniteCyclonite Tampa, Florida Icrontian

PM sent!

• BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian

PM Sent

-Digi

• SnarkasmSnarkasm Madison, WI Icrontian

Maybe that makes me the third?

Ok, I'm fresh out of invites. The guys I invited should be able to send invites in a couple days so keep it going!

• KwitkoKwitko Sheriff of Banning (Retired) By the thing near the stuff Icrontian

I've got 2 more if anyone is interested.

• midgamidga "There's so much hot dog in Rome" ~digi (> ^.(> O_o)> Icrontian

Is it on mobile?

• TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian

Yes

PM with email address please.

@NiGHTS‌ has kenkeled out

I also have invites if people need one.

• NiGHTSNiGHTS San Diego Icrontian

...how did I Kenkel out?

@NiGHTS said:
    ...how did I Kenkel out?

Ask question, didn't respond in thread ;)

Mine are gone, for the record

Oh, I just got 3 more invites. PM for one and make sure to include your email. :P

edited November 2014
  • SonorousSonorous F@H Fanatic US Icrontian

I have an single invite. First PM first serve.

• For those of you using Google Inbox: How do you like it? I've been extremely skeptical and avoiding it.

• primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian

I love it. If you're reluctant to change away from the way you've thought about email for the last 20 years, you won't like it. If you think the entire email paradigm is outdated and due for revolution, you'll like it.

• If you are busy don't sweat it of course, but if you have a sec .. what's the big difference that makes you love it?

It intelligently sorts email into tasks to be dealt with rather than things that must be read and archived/deleted

• SonorousSonorous F@H Fanatic US Icrontian
    edited November 2014

@primesuspect said:
    It intelligently sorts email into tasks to be dealt with rather than things that must be read and archived/deleted

It expands on the Primary, Social and Promotions tabs, but much much more. You can always try it and not use it if you don't like it.

• The question is, who is Inbox for? Is it for consumers, or is it a better way for Google to sort and mine our data on what is relevant for advertising dollars. Is it to help the government sort the data?

I'm a little alarmed at how much share Google has, but yet we are pretty much powerless to find an alternative that isn't a data mining operation. I remember Lavabit, I wasn't a user but they got shut down because you know.... We gotta fight them there.... (follow the link if you are curious)

The new Google Inbox just seems like a wolf in sheep's clothing. Hey guys, look at this cool thing we did to make your lives better... But really it makes our lives better too, and the government agents that are constantly badgering us, they kinda dig it to. Better data mining.... Uh, um... sorting for all!

Cliff_Forster
  • Cliff_ForsterCliff_Forster Icrontian
    edited November 2014

primesuspectJBoogalooTushonSignal
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian

I love Walter.

Cliff_ForsterSignal
  • RyanFodderRyanFodder Detroit, MI Icrontian

I would be interested in giving it a shot.

• CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian

I emailed the happy hour thing, bit got no invite. :/ maybe they got more response than expected

• Le sigh... I don't know why I'm bothering, but @Cliff_Forster‌, the reason your tinfoilhattery is way off base this time is because Google Inbox is just a mobile app. It doesn't change the way mail is sorted or indexed, just how you interact with it on your device. If you don't like it, you can just uninstall it and keep using the GMail app. Or leave it installed and continue using the GMail app for that matter. It makes no server side changes, it's a client side piece of software.

JBoogaloo
  • NiGHTSNiGHTS San Diego Icrontian

Website as well, inbox.google.com