SABnzbd+sickbeard "autoProcessTV.py" script not showing up

So I've got a FreeNAS box running two separate jails, one for Sick Beard and one for SABnzbd.

Everything is working great except the sickbeard post processing script. I've never set this particular aspect up before so I'm not sure if it's just that I'm doing something incorrectly....

On the sabnzbd jail I've got a folder that looks like so:
http://i.imgur.com/F1z47GC.png

"autoProcessTV.cfg" has already been configured to point to my Sick Beard installation.

After setting the permissions on "/usr/share/autoProcessTV" correctly and setting it to my post processing folder in SABnzbd, I'm now getting the scripts options in the "folders" menu of SABnzbd, as seen here:
http://i.imgur.com/QgFqfQ0.png

The problem is that when I choose the scripts drop down, the only option I get is "None" where I believe I am supposed to see "autoProcessTV.py" in there....

The permissions on "autoProcessTV.py" are currently at 777 because I'm a noob and that's the only way I know to make something accessible by everything... or perhaps that is incorrect, I'm really not sure :) (see first screenshot above)

Any chance someone can steer me in the right direction?

Comments

• AlexDeGruvenAlexDeGruven Wut? Meechigan Icrontian

777 is dangerous because it means that anyone with any level of access can write to that file, meaning they can destroy it or (more dangerously) replace it with malware.

If you need everyone to run it, then 755 is generally sufficient. This means that it's read/write/execute for the owner, and read/execute for everyone else. If you need group-level access to write, then 775 will give the owning group write-access.

If you NEED 777 for an executable file, then that's a design problem.

As to why the script isn't showing up in the web interface, I don't know, but if it's not showing up with 777, then it's definitely not a permissions issue.

georgeh
  • georgehgeorgeh Canton, MI Icrontian

I just checked my config and have my scripts folder set to autoProcessTV and I get the full list in my scripts dropdown. As far as I can tell, you've set it up correctly, therefore it works! Congratulations! Please ignore any evidence to that it is not, in fact working.

(Slightly) more helpfully, at this point I would think either
    a) it's a problem with the jailing system you've got, and SABnzbd+ can't access that directory, or
    b)