Forgotten Email Password

CrazyJoeCrazyJoe Winter Springs, FL Icrontian

My stepfather said he has forgotten his password for his Google Account. He tried filling out the password recovery form here (https://www.google.com/accounts/recovery/) but doesn't remember enough of the account information to get it to accept his credentials. Is there anything else he can do to get into his account? Is it possible to pull his password off of his cellphone since he used it when he first got the phone to tie that email to his android account?

Comments

• ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian

Unless he can fill out that form, I'm afraid he's SOL. There's nothing on the phone that isn't encrypted.

• TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian

Does he use a browser which saves passwords? You might be able to use Lastpass' (or other password management software) to import it

georgeh
  • HeroHero formerly known as XGPHero Icrontian

ive found that sometimes when a password has been lost, a quick conversation with customer service can usually confirm your identity by more creative means than the online form will allow...ive done so with my live email, xbox live, and most recently blizzard. he could try that.

• CrazyJoeCrazyJoe Winter Springs, FL Icrontian

The problem with that is that I don't believe Google has a phone support.

• HeroHero formerly known as XGPHero Icrontian

i googled "google customer support" and got this number, 1 (650) 253-0000
    there may also be a chat service for customer support, but i would have to go through the process of resetting my password to find it...try it, you might be surprised by what you find.

GHoosdum