If geeks love it, we’re on it

Howdy, Stranger!

You found the friendliest gaming & tech geeks around. Say hello!

So does anyone here Vape?

13»

Comments

• IvanIvan Icrontian

@Ilriyas THE MUFFIN MAN. Do you know the muffin man?

• RyderRyder Kalamazoo, Mi Icrontian

The muffin man, the muffin man

• IvanIvan Icrontian

@Ryder Do you know the muffin man?

Who lives on Drury lane?

• IvanIvan Icrontian

@Ryder THE. SAME.

Why?

• BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! SoCal Icrontian

@Guppy said:
    (Awesome Reviews)

Please don't stop writing these.

Thank you,

-Digi

troll
  • BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! SoCal Icrontian
    edited Oct 2015

Any of y'all on this level?

-Digi

troll
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian

That seems unfair; it almost looks like he's in a totally freezing cold room or something to make that happen

• trolltroll Windsor, Nova Scotia Icrontian

Not me, but there are some amazing tricksters out there.

• trolltroll Windsor, Nova Scotia Icrontian

@primesuspect said:
    That seems unfair; it almost looks like he's in a totally freezing cold room or something to make that happen

Nope that is just residual vapor hanging around in the air. You can't have any air movement from ventilation while doing tricks.

• GuppyGuppy Warren, MI Icrontian

I guess I can keep doing these if people want to read them.

I know this review is pretty late, but I've been going through quite a few different e-juices and trying them on different RDAs and in different tanks. My box for November came in a couple days ago, and I'll try to get some reviews for that up in a week or so.

Churros & Ice Cream (Oneup Vapor) - baked cinnamon churros & ice cream
    Nice cinnamon and vanilla taste on this one. Unfortunately, it got old fast. When I first had it I thought it was pretty good, but after a few tanks, I'd be alright if I never had it again. 4/10

Fruition (Seduce Juice) - fruit loops cereal & milk
    I've never had a bad fruity cereal vape, and this was no exception. If you've ever eaten froot loops, you can imagine what you're in for. The flavor comes through well, and it's not overpowering. 10/10

Porto (Jackson Vapor) - key lime pie & lemon
    I've had mixed experiences with Jackson Vapor, so I didn't get my hopes up, and it's a good thing I did or I would have been severely let down. The lime comes through decently, but then the lemon comes in and screws it all up. There was also no crust to be found in this one. I'd vape it if I had nothing else, but I don't plan on ordering any more. 5/10

Transformer (High Voltage) - sweet berry blend
    If artificial berry is your thing, then you might be into this. I wasn't. 4/10

Turkish Delight (AR Eliquid Co) - floral citrus candy
    This one was interesting, and really different from what I've had in the past. I've never had a Turkish delight, so I can't really compare this to the confection. The taste in this is lemon and some sort of floral taste, almost like a lemon perfume. It's not the kind of thing I would have all the time, but I did enjoy it. 8/10

Vader (Cyber Liquids) - cookie dough & vanilla hazelnut custard
    I was really excited to try this one, but was ultimately disappointed with it. These flavors do not mix well. The cookie dough taste is overpowered by the custard and really hurts the flavor, leading to a mediocre, sickeningly-sweet juice. 5/10

I got another juice from One Hit Wonder a couple of weeks ago called Rocket Man. It's a blueberry parfait flavor and it's a solid 10/10.

Another one I don't think I've mentioned, and is probably my absolute favorite, is "Just Jiffy" from Class E-Drops. If you like peanut butter this one is for you.

BobbyDigiAnnestroll
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian

Turkish delight (the candy) is primarily rose flavored, so that's probably the floral you were tasting.

Duke (Viceroy Vapors) - cookie dough & cinnamon bun
    Unremarkable at best. It could be I'm not a fan of cookie dough flavors and it could be that the "Churros & Ice Cream" from my last box turned me away from cinnamon, but I was not a fan of this one. It's yet another example of neither flavor coming through particularly well leading to a disappointing experience. 4/10

Eve's Addiction (Mad Mike's) - green apple bubblegum
    Green Jolly Ranchers, but little to no bubblegum. It's a flavor that that could have been decent, but the throat hit is brutal and completely ruins it. 3/10

Tru Blue (Kilo E-Liquids) - creamy blueberry custard
    I kind of liked this one, but I'm not sure why. The custard is there, but not much blueberry. It's just kind of average. 6/10

Awakening (Immortal Fog) - graham crackers, cookies, & cream
    Nothing special about this one. The graham cracker comes through alright, but the cookies and cream don't mix well with it. 5/10

Miami Nights (Deuces Wild) - peach schnapps cocktail
    This is the one that impressed me the most. Sweet, juicy peach with a little bit of an alcoholic bite on the exhale. Very nice. I would have finished the bottle by now, but I can't remember where I put it. 9/10

Regrets (Tug Sauce) - cinnamon apple cereal & milk with strawberries
    I was expecting something similar to Applejacks with this one and kind of got it. I get mostly cereal with a little bit of apple and strawberry. That being said, it's decent enough that I'll probably finish the bottle. 7/10

I bought some new hardware recently that I've been very pleased with. The iStick 100W from Eleaf is great for the price($60). It's a simple mod that performs almost as well as some of the pricier mods. It's got some good power and feels great in the hand.

The second is the HexOhm v2.1. I've been looking at this one for a while, trying to decide whether it's worth spending nearly $200 on, and if I really need another mod. I finally pulled the trigger and I couldn't be happier. Simple, feels great in the hand, and there's something very satisfying about the button click every time I fire it. I don't have a single complaint.

troll
  • SonorousSonorous F@H Fanatic Virginia Icrontian

Your review of Tru Blue is spot on. Also gave me a headache.

edited Feb 2016

I know I haven't been keeping up on reviews, but there hasn't been much worth reviewing in the boxes I've been getting. I'll just name some e-liquid that I've been enjoying lately and would recommend to anyone.

Dirty Strawberry (Broken Bottle Vape Co) - Peanut butter and strawberry jelly
    Remix (Electric Lotus) - Belgian waffles topped with caramelized apples, blueberry whipped cream and topped off with an extremely light dusting of sweet cinnamon
    Belgian (Purveyors) - Fresh belgian waffle topped with blueberries and whipped cream
    Fury (ANML) - Sugar-frosted cereal crisps with a splash of premium whole milk
    Funfetti (Aqua Liquids) - Yellow cake with sprinkles mixed into the batter, topped with sweet white frosting and even more sprinkles on top
    Garden of Eden (Real Life Juice) - Strawberry Shortcake

Also, a few hardware updates.
    The Nobunaga is probably the first RDA that's made me want to ditch tanks altogether. This thing's a beast. I've got it sitting on my HexOhm, and this setup is pure vaping bliss. It's what actually inspired me to write this post today.

The Alliance V2 is another nice RDA. I got the "big boy" version(just to have some extra building room), which is 28.5mm instead of the regular 22mm. It looks a little silly, but it performs well. I've got it sitting on a Snow Wolf 200W.
    The Snow Wolf 200W is a bulky mod and feels quite a bit different than my Sigelei 150W, but with the way it runs my Alliance V2, I think I can get used to it.
    I gave up on using my Crown tank because Uwell is putting out some real garbage coils. I replaced it with a Mini Super Tank from Tobeco. It's relatively inexpensive, and it's compatible with Atlantis coils and Herakles coils, which is neat. Don't expect anything amazing from it(it is Tobeco after all), but it works well enough for what it is.

Sonoroustroll
  • MrTRiotMrTRiot Living in the North Icrontian

Vapeston Ceramikas tank with a Wismec Reuleaux RX200 box mod.

This thing hits like a beast and produces clouds like no body's business. It's a bit heavy as it has 3 batteries in it but can easily gobble up 100w hits all day.

trollGuppy

I went to VPX (The Vape Exhibit) in Detroit on Sunday and it was an amazing experience. There were probably around 50 vendors, a few being hardware resellers, but most being juice vendors. I didn't get a chance to try everything(I couldn't taste too well after a couple hours), but I did find quite a few things I really liked. I think my absolute favorite is Frosted Nilla Nade from Frosted Vape Co.(vanilla lemonade).

I picked up some hardware too while I was there. I got the Mason from Vapergate, which released early for that show. If you like the Alliance, you'll like the Mason. I also got another early release RDA from EZ Cloud Company. The Maker favors flavor over vapor, which is perfect for me.

Overall, I'm happy with my purchases and I really hope there's another event next year. If you vape and haven't been to a vape expo, I highly recommend going.

troll

I got a new box mod yesterday.

I've wanted a custom engraved mod for a while, but couldn't find a place that would do it. I ran into the guys from Ronin Box Mods at VPX, and when they told me they'd engrave just about anything on their boxes, I was sold. A few weeks later I ordered this from them. It's a regulated mod(110W 20 amp) and it vapes like a champ.

The RDA on it is a Troll that I got custom engraved from Unleashed Vapors. It's a pretty good atty for the price. I've got a Tiger Wire build in it, and it's putting out some decent clouds.

I've started trying more advanced builds, and built my first Clapton over the weekend(26g Mad Rabbit, 32g Kanthal). I plan on building more of them because the vapor production and flavor are excellent.

Currently vaping: In the Beginning from Juice Master J

Sonoroustroll
13»