10 year Statue

RyderRyder Kalamazoo, Mi Icrontian

http://www.pcgamer.com/world-of-warcraft-ten-year-subscribers-are-getting-a-fancy-statue/

Looks like if you paid your subs for the whole 10 years, you get a thing.

Hero

Comments

• HeroHero formerly known as XGPHero Icrontian

is anyone here going to get one?

• CelshCelsh Member
    edited January 2015

I'm going to miss it by one month :( (I had to turn off my sub for a month in college because I needed to eat instead)

That and I was borrowing my neighbors internet at the time; She moved out so I didn't have internet for a couple months so stopping the 60$ for a month made sense)

Hero
  • Also That month without wow was the only time you could get a certain minipet.

It makes me sad sometimes. Mostly when people unknowingly ask "Is this a good minipet [Link to minipet I can never have]?"

Hero
  • HeroHero formerly known as XGPHero Icrontian

thats a bummer @celsh...what if someone did have it, and was open to the idea of trading?(not that i have it) could you get it that way?

• Nope. Otherwise I would have it.

• RahnalH102RahnalH102 the Green Devout, Veteran Monster Hunter, Creature Enthusiast New Mexico Icrontian

@Celsh said:
    Also That month without wow was the only time you could get a certain minipet.

It makes me sad sometimes. Mostly when people unknowingly ask "Is this a good minipet [Link to minipet I can never have]?"

I have a few pets that fall into this category so now I know not to mention them around you. I'm sorry you couldn't get it. :(

• ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian

I've played for 10.5 years, but unfortunately I've not had a continuous sub. I take 2-3 months off a year, it seems.

• There are 2 pets that are a sore spot for me, one is the aforementioned Onyixan Whelp, and the other is the Spirit of Competition (I never received it even though I pvped for 12 hours a day trying to get it).

• RahnalH102RahnalH102 the Green Devout, Veteran Monster Hunter, Creature Enthusiast New Mexico Icrontian

Exact ones I was thinking about.

• GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian
    edited January 2015

For those that have the statue, what is the total cost of the subscription for 10 years straight?

I'm not trying to pass judgment or discount 10 years of entertainment, I'm just interested in financial analytics.

$1500 at its cheapest with very long subscription cycles, to $1798 at its most expensive.

• RyderRyder Kalamazoo, Mi Icrontian

Does that include buying the game/expansions?

No, just subs. Add another $300 or so for the game + xpacs purchased at full MSRP.

• I think that's pretty cheap for 10 years of entertainment.

Me too. :)

• primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian

I see it as way more than entertainment, too. That's incredible value when you factor in the friendships and relationships that have resulted from this experience :)

Sazbean
  • HydrarHydrar Columbia, MD Icrontian

Now those 10yr subbers feel obligated to keep subbing for non-stop for the next 5 years (or at least I might!)