What are you?

CelshCelsh Member
edited January 2015 in Gaming

You know when you are in the shower and your mind goes to one of those weird questions? Well I have one that stuck with me.

If you were a combination of all the characters you have ever played as, in every rpg, taking into account how much time you have spent on each character what class would you end up? What abilities would you have? Would you end up a sneaky rogue that uses battle axes?

Trying to keep this in the fantasy genre with games that you get to choose what you play. (Though gun wielding, fire mages from space are cool, it gets to complicated too think about)

Any rpg (video game or table top) everything and anything.

The more you play a character the more you end up like that character, so what are you?

oni_dels

Comments

• I typically play one of two roles. I am either a supportive mage, or an axe wielding psychopath (I deviate slightly, but usually pivot around those two archetypes). I'd say the closest thing to combining those would be a Sith, or maybe that resto warrior spec you guys won't let me play.

• oni_delsoni_dels Drunk French Canadian Montréal, Québec. Icrontian
    edited January 2015

all and every characters i make are jack of all trades. so i guess battle mage? adventurer?

something with a big weapon and spells and knowledge of like, building a camp and finding traps.

• RyanFodderRyanFodder Detroit, MI Icrontian

A mini-gun toting priest?

primesuspectMyrmidonCreeperbane2
  • GnomeQueenGnomeQueen The Lulz Queen Mountain Dew Mouth Icrontian

I'm a healer.

• CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian

A stealthy, low-defence back-stabber with a few ranks in a healer sub-class.

• primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited January 2015

A ranged stealth type who can also cast "personal" magic; crowd control, status effects, confusion, debilitation. I generally tend towards bow-and-arrow ranger/rogue types. Outdoors/tracker type as well.

Or a bard, if the game has it. I like the 'weaker' WTF classes

Legend of Grimrock II has a "farmer" class that is seriously head-scratching WTF why-would-they-have-this. They don't gain XP from fighting, they have no skills (except being able to carry a lot), but they gain XP from eating different foods. I loved it. By the end, my farmer was wielding a gigantic hand cannon that required no skill to fire and throwing bombs to great effect.

• RyanFodderRyanFodder Detroit, MI Icrontian

Your post made me think of this:

I usually hate engineer classes in games. Not sure what this says about A) my life choices or B) Engineers representation in games.

• HeroHero formerly known as XGPHero Icrontian
    edited January 2015

a tactical sniper rogue who snipes from a rock rediculously out of reach of baddies, or a wild and crazy warrior type that just goes balls to the wall at all times with no concern for the consequences...there is no middle ground for me.

PS: It took every bit of self control i had to raid, as neither of these play styles works there.

• SnarkasmSnarkasm Madison, WI Icrontian

Stealth healer with backstabby tendencies.

• MAGICMAGIC Doot Doot Furniture City, Michigan Icrontian

The blacksmith.

Celsh
  • CrazyJoeCrazyJoe Winter Springs, FL Icrontian

I have a tough time staying back behind the non-squishys so I tend to play more front line guys. Sometime I open doors and immediately get impaled by giant scorpions. That tends to ruin the day.

CB
  • ChoochChooch K-Pop authority™, Pho King Madison Heights, MI Icrontian

the flamethrower

primesuspect
  • RahnalH102RahnalH102 the Green Devout, Veteran Monster Hunter, Creature Enthusiast New Mexico Icrontian

I prefer to be on my own but do my best to support and help others that I come across. I prefer to avoid conflict or quickly end it if unavoidable. If conflict is the name of the game, then I prefer to support those I'm fighting with whether directly or through utilitarian means. I enjoy archery/shooting/acting from range, because I'm fairly accurate. I like wildlife, nature, and exploring.

• SazbeanSazbean Paladins. Lawful good & violent about it. Chelsea, MI Icrontian

Ass-kicking, shield-bashing Amazon. I definitely tend towards melee -- my original WOW toon is a feral druid (hmm, I should level her up...).

• drasnordrasnor Starship Operator Hawthorne, CA Icrontian

I'm DPS.

• oni_delsoni_dels Drunk French Canadian Montréal, Québec. Icrontian

@Snarkasm said:
    Stealth healer with backstabby tendencies.

now i'm really curious as to how this works

Sazbean
  • Ohgod.... it would probably be sneaky backstabbing, dual wielding rogue with sniper tendencies that can also turn into a bear and has a tendency to rush headlong into combat and get immediately killed.

Sazbean
  • KarmaKarma Likes yoga Icrontian

I'm more of jump into situations recklessly be hella disruptive do lots of damage and somehow manage to get away when support comes.

• CelshCelsh Member
    edited January 2015

Since I didn't answer, I would be a nature spell based healer that throws chain lightning around the room.

• edited January 2015

I'm sorta with Aalonz. I like the "Lets kill this! Because reasons!" character, and single/double two-hander is usually my thing in games. I would also be able to pick locks BECAUSE I HATE GAMES THAT MAKE ME BRING A ROGUE JUST TO PICK LOCKS. I COULD PUNCH THE LOCK. I AM A GOD COME TO ::campaign setting:: AND I CRUSH MY ENEMIES LIKE ANTS, EXCEPT THIS DOOR. BECAUSE IT'S LOCKED, AND THAT WOULD BE STEALING.

• ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian

My favorite all-time class was Holy Paladin. I guess that's what I am, which is somewhat ironic.