Forwarding duplicate port ranges to 2 ips

croc_croc_ New
edited February 2004 in Science & Tech
Forwarding duplicate port ranges to 2 ips.

I have a port range forwarded to my roommates IP, lets say 100-200. If I forward ports 100-300 to my IP, will that work? What if they want to use the same port? IDK much about it so any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Comments

• qparadoxqparadox Vancouver, BC
    edited February 2004
    It would depend on the software you're using. Its a matter of how they organized the logic flow and priority settings. Try it and find out :D. My guess if its one of those cheap routers would be iyou put his entry in first 100-200 will go to him and then 200-300 to you. Why do you need to forward such large ranges?
  • croc_croc_ New
    edited February 2004
    qparadox wrote:
    It would depend on the software you're using. Its a matter of how they organized the logic flow and priority settings. Try it and find out :D. My guess if its one of those cheap routers would be iyou put his entry in first 100-200 will go to him and then 200-300 to you. Why do you need to forward such large ranges?

BT and IRC DCC
  • edited February 2004
    You can reset your dcc range within irc where it won't conflict with any other programs. I've had the same problem myself before. Are you serving or receiving mostly on irc?

KingFish
  • croc_croc_ New
    edited February 2004
    KingFish wrote:
    You can reset your dcc range within irc where it won't conflict with any other programs. I've had the same problem myself before. Are you serving or receiving mostly on irc?

KingFish

Yeah, thats not a problem, mostly recieving. Its BT where I have problems. I can change the port range in the ABC menus, but whenever I change the ranges, and forward those ports to my IP, my downloads slow down. It goes the fastest with the default ranges *shrug*