WOMW - Watch On My Wrist - Daily Watch pics

Comments

• GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian

But now Shinola's designs have become much more affordable.

GnomeQueen
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian

Well, one could say that Timex was a fan of our designs.... :p

• ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited April 2015

Today I'm wearing a 50mm Android Divemaster 200. A 50mm watch is quite substantial and polarizing, but my theory is that if the wrist fits, wear it. I've always been smitten with this watch because of its sunburst blue dial. I also like the geometry and the quality of the lume on the indices. And finally, because I love the "guts" of things, the Seiko NH36A movement inside is beautiful, durable and reliable. Also I like that it's a few steps away from the army of Mercedes-handed Rolex homages from every watchmaker on earth.

My one criticism is that the unidirectional bezel is very stiff. On the other hand, the alternative universe version of Thrax that likes to SCUBA would never have to worry about mistiming the dive by accidentally knocking the bezel out of position.

//EDIT: This angle makes it appear as though the top lugs are hanging off the edge of my wrists. In reality, this watch fits comfortably on my wrist from lug to lug.

BuddyJ
    edited April 2015

Whereas, I'm a fan of that Rolex homage, since I've got one on my wrist today, the Invicta 8926OB, with Seiko NH35A movement:

BuddyJ

8926 is such an incredible bargain. Awesome watch.

GHoosdumBuddyJ
  • CrazyJoeCrazyJoe Winter Springs, FL Icrontian

@GHoosdum said:
    Whereas, I'm a fan of that Rolex homage, since I've got one on my wrist today, the Invicta 8926OB, with Seiko NH35A movement:![]

Did someone say Rolex?

primesuspect
    edited April 2015

This morning on my wrist: my favorite quartz movement watch. This is the Skagen Titanium 170LTTM I've had for 8-ish years and it's seen a lot of wear. The stainless steel mesh band even saved my wrist from breaking once when it was caught in a rolling up garage door.

• CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian

tiny chainmail

This is my current swimming watch. It replaced the translucent red watch when it broke.

I think I got it for five dollars at Target. It was on sale down from two hundred fifty dollars.

• drasnordrasnor Starship Operator Hawthorne, CA Icrontian

Just stepping out for work,

ThraxprimesuspectGnomeQueenBuddyJ
  • KarmaKarma Likes yoga Icrontian

@drasnor kind of expecting you to have this bad boy

Yeeahhhh boyyyy

• SazbeanSazbean Paladins. Lawful good & violent about it. Chelsea, MI Icrontian

My favorite watch :)

primesuspect

Yeaaaahhhh gurrlllll

• ardichokeardichoke Icrontian

Forgot to put my Seiko on today.... so I switched my ChargeHR to my watch wrist. IT HAS A TIME FUNCTION, IT COUNTS, SHADDUP.

GnomeQueen
  • AlexDeGruvenAlexDeGruven Wut? Meechigan Icrontian

I only need one.

Today the 2011 Watchuseek Moonphase Project watch.

Mine is #009 of 150. Powered by the SeaGull ST2528 moonphase automatic movement. This is one of my favorite and rarest watches.

primesuspectTushonardichokeBuddyJ
  • TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian

pretttty

Today the Ancon M26 Tank, a beefy CuSn8 bronze diver with a Miyota 9015 movement. It's so dreamy

• BuddyJBuddyJ Dept. of Propaganda OKC Icrontian

Love the Ancon. What's the most affordable entry-level bronze diver out there currently?

I think the Makara Sea Turtle is probably the least expensive these days.

BuddyJ
  • GnomeWizarddGnomeWizardd Member 4 Life Akron, PA Icrontian

I love that Jaragar. Perhaps because I also truly love Longines.

@Thrax said:
    I love that Jaragar. Perhaps because I also truly love Longines.

Price is amazing for the sexiness of that piece.

edited April 2015

My favorite of my watches: The Akribos XXIV Bravura Davinci Mechanical

I don't wear it much because it has to be wound and set every time I put it on (and it has no date), but I like to stick it on my wrist for date-nights and formal events.

primesuspectThrax
    edited April 2015

Today I'm wearing a nice Seiko 5 SNK803 that unfortunately won't be around too long. The movement rattles like a box of bolts upon arrival, so I'm returning it rather than spending more on a repair. I think I'll try my luck with another at some point in the near future, because it seems like a sturdy watch and is styled nicely for daily casual wear.

//edit: damn, I can't seem to take a clear photo of my own wrist!

BasilThrax

Sized and beautiful

UPSLynx

Today the Fossil Edition Sport CH2912, because every man needs an orange-and-blue chrono with running small seconds.