Mad Max Fury Road

primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' BoopinDetroit, MI Icrontian
edited May 2015 in Movies & TV

Holy shit. Go see this right now.

UPSLynxprimesuspect

Comments

• LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian

Just when I think it's impossible for the movie to be any more badass: The older women did their own motorcycle stunts.

GnomeQueen
  • d3k0yd3k0y Loveland, OH Icrontian

That movie was pretty awesome. I don't think they could have added more action and still had a story to it.

• ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian

Said on Facebook, but did want to provide a moderately contrasting opinion:

It was good. True to the Road Warrior heritage. It was beautifully set and shot. But it was two hours of car chase. At times it became boring or monotonous for want of something to give pause or diversity to the movie.

The pacing occasionally felt wrong, too. As if the movie was building up to something great, yet paid off modestly.

I recommend it for the theatre, but only a B+ at best. Frankly, Speed was a more mentally engaging endless car chase.

MAGIC
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian

Doof Warrior was real and so was his guitar and so was that truck. Amazing.

Stunts: Real. Drivers: the actors. Pure insanity

edited May 2015

I feel like George Miller has diagnosed why action movies started getting stale and righted the ship. "Remember when all this was real? Let's try that again."

primesuspectardichokeUPSLynx

Even better the second time around. I could relax a little and take it all in.

Linc

A great, short read on how Furiosa's disability is the most perfect portrayal of such ever seen in an action film. It's not mentioned, used as a plot device, pitied, or explained. It has almost nothing to do with Furiosa's character. This movie just keeps getting more and more brilliant.

LincGnomeQueen
  • ardichokeardichoke Icrontian

Saw it last night. Hands down, best action movie I've ever seen.... and probably has a solid place in my list of best movies, period.

Also, the theater we went to replaced their seats with cushy (probably faux) leather power recliners last year. This is the first time we've gone to that theater since then. It's probably the best way to see a movie. Especially since they also do reserved seating so I can strategically choose my seat to be as far away from everyone else in the theater as possible.

primesuspect
  • ChoochChooch K-Pop authority™, Pho King Madison Heights, MI Icrontian

@ardichoke said:

Also, the theater we went to replaced their seats with cushy (probably faux) leather power recliners last year. This is the first time we've gone to that theater since then. It's probably the best way to see a movie. Especially since they also do reserved seating so I can strategically choose my seat to be as far away from everyone else in the theater as possible.

AMC? Cause the one by me also did the same thing and I saw Guardians of the Galaxy that way.

• CantiCanti =/= smalltime http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9K18CGEeiI&feature=related Icrontian
    edited May 2015

Caved in and went to see this a few hours ago. It's pretty sick.

Best character.

• ardichokeardichoke Icrontian

@Church4252 said:

AMC? Cause the one by me also did the same thing and I saw Guardians of the Galaxy that way.

No, Celebration Cinema. Small chain of theaters in Michigan.

• MAGICMAGIC Doot Doot Furniture City, Michigan Icrontian

I'm with Thrax on this one. Just saw it. Could have been a one hour movie, but it was over two.

Thrax
  • GnomeQueenGnomeQueen The Lulz Queen Mountain Dew Mouth Icrontian

@MAGIC said:
    I'm with Thrax on this one. Just saw it. Could have been a one hour movie, but it was over two.

WOULD HAVE WATCHED MORE

ardichoke
  • TiberiusLazarusTiberiusLazarus Icrontian
    edited May 2015

Felt like the entire movie only hit two emotions: humour and disbelief. No suspense, no fear. Nothing that could really pull me in and make me care too much. I feel bad saying that, like I missed some big part of what was going on. Two long car chases with a pretty shot of the night sky in the middle. Meh.

ThraxMAGICChooch
  • UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian

Just got back from it, loved every second. Took moments during the film to note my presence, and it was always accelerated heart rate, clenched fists, and sweating. Lots of sweating. holy crap.

Linc
  • ChoochChooch K-Pop authority™, Pho King Madison Heights, MI Icrontian
    edited May 2015

3.5/5

• d3k0yd3k0y Loveland, OH Icrontian
    edited June 2015

I suppose it all depends on how you went into the movie. I went in with the same expectation as I did with Pacific Rim: "Story? Hah, I wanna see giant friggin robots punching monster st8 in da gabba"
    except
    "Story? Hah, I wanna carpocolypse"
    it delivered

Tushonprimesuspectardichoke
  • SnarkasmSnarkasm Madison, WI Icrontian

I went for the absolute absurdity of guitar-car.

It delivered.

primesuspectGnomeQueenTushonardichoke
  • RyanMMRyanMM Ferndale, MI Icrontian

Make sure to set Playback Speed to 1.25 for this video.

RyanFodder
  • Mad Sax?
    Try playing this back at 1.25x

_k

Blu-Ray release will include black & white version, and ability to play it "silent" - just the score.

• CantiCanti =/= smalltime http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9K18CGEeiI&feature=related Icrontian

ardichoke

Practical effects rule.