You found the friendliest gaming & tech geeks around. Say hello!
Yup, I said 60, and yup, I'm assuming this is the right place for this...
So this starts about 5 years ago; it's Jan '10 and I just got back from the UK and I weighed... about 145lbs and am/was 5'10''(ish). I liked my weight, I was surprised I lost weight in college drinking rather than putting it on (started uni at 195lbs).
Anyhow, flash forward 5 years and almost 4 years working different desk jobs at EA and in February I was at 227lbs. I ate like sh*t, didn't get up and walk around all that much, and I drank at least 4 coca-colas a day. So in April I decided I needed to change things up, I didn't like what I was seeing in the mirror and I felt like crap. I decided to do the following:
1. Cut out all coca-cola (I have one or two on the weekend if I feel like it) - I really thought this was gonna be the hardest thing, but I replaced coke with sparkling water and it seems to have done the trick
2. Drink more water, see 1.
3. Watch my caloric intake - I started using MyFitnessPal to start to keep track of what I was eating (and drinking, thanks beer) and have stuck to doing about 1450 calories a day, seems to be working. I then got a fitbit and have been trying to stick to its recommendations, also seems to be working lol
4. Try and be more active - I've got an iPhone 6 which does the step measuring, but I also decided to get myself one of them fitbit one's that clips on to your belt or pocket (it's on my pocket), I've got it set to some fairly easy step goals since work sucks
5. Stop eating like shit - This I blame recently one work, when I started on the team I'm on now there was a lot of OT and that meant a lot of waiter.com meals from random restraunts, I tried staying healthy, but all of that stuff was just bad anyhow, so I've tried not ordering unless I know it's gonna be an uber late night.
6. Eat better - if any of you follow my instagram (https://instagram.com/dontcallmekelso/) you'll often see what I'm making for dinner. I've been doing chicken, salmon, steaks every now and then, what ever I feel like that isn't stupid and unhealthy (I miss my fried breakfasts sometimes)
7. Continue drinking beer - I dunno, I like beer, wasn't gonna change this, was gonna work around it and drink "less often"
Anyhow, I started at 227 and today I'm at 219.8! Yay! Only 54.8 lbs to go to hit my goal!
Icrontic — Home of the Big Beef Burrito since 8-8-2000, fool. A Short-Media community © 2003–2019. Powered with ill-gotten helium.