SM After LAN SAFELY home THREAD

2»

Comments

• NorgeNorge Sidney, Ohio
    edited May 2004
    QCH2002 wrote:
    Wow... your a poet and you didn;t even know it... your still gonna get FRAGGED next year.
    Dangit. Does this mean I'm going to have to learn how to fly a helicopter too just so I can pwn ya? The next LAN is going to be one massive Desert Combat air battle.

Norge
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited May 2004
    Well, Mondi's flight departed at 5:21 pm EST today... It has been so much fun hanging out with him for this past week.
    edited May 2004
    Unfortunately, Mondi wasn't on that flight...... :eek3:

He's staying another week......
  • leishi85leishi85 Grand Rapids, MI Icrontian
    edited May 2004
    i see the tshirts, they look sweet.
    what's the story? he just decides to stay for another week??
  • MAGICMAGIC Doot Doot Furniture City, Michigan Icrontian
    edited May 2004
    ya, shirts look great!
  • QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA Icrontian
    edited May 2004
    SWEET SHIRT... can I have one?
  • ClutchClutch North Carolina New
    edited May 2004
    Yea, those are some sweet shirts, where did you get them from? Maybe you can get some good work out of Mondi since he is staying another week, haha
  • MAGICMAGIC Doot Doot Furniture City, Michigan Icrontian
    edited May 2004
    dogsoldier designed that didnt he. lei told me he did the name tags. they were real cool.
  • mmonninmmonnin Centreville, VA
    edited May 2004
    I bet those are the Lan T-Shirts that we will all get in the mail.
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited May 2004
    I bet they are. :D

Those are damn NICE shirts. Good lord.

//EDIT:

Yeah. What's the story? Mondi loves all of us in the Michigan posse and doesn't want to leave? ;D
  • DogSoldierDogSoldier The heart of radical Amish country..
    edited May 2004
    I think I'm the last to check in. I got home about 2 am this morning.. i'm still bleary eyed (Or maybe that's because Diane isn't here anymore.. *sniff*)

Glad to see everyone made it home aight, especially Clutch.. I was a bit pessimistic that Mustang would like highway driving.. considering it's condition.

I'm just resizing my lan pics, be posting them pretty soon.

Yep, those shirts looking ^&$&(* ACE! I can't wait to get one in my grubby l'il hands.
  • GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian
    edited May 2004
    I'm glad you're home safe, DogSoldier.
  • citrixmetacitrixmeta Montreal, Quebec Icrontian
    edited May 2004
    it was very nice to meet you dogsoldier !
    edited May 2004
    :)
    edited May 2004
    DogSoldier, it was really nice meeting you. You did so much for the LAN, I wish there was some way I could let you know how much I appreciate it.

I wish we had gotten a chance to talk more. Instead, you were content with completely destroying me in UT2K4.... :ninja:
    edited May 2004
    Well Brian.. just being there was the best (The kicking ass was a bonus). I think you all now know how shy I really am (This forum notwithstanding) I'm not a big social type guy, so this was one way I could really contribute. I enjoyed putting the logo and tags together, but it was your vision and perserverance that made this event so successful. And for that, I thank you!
    edited May 2004
    I talked to VoE tonight at 10:00 PM. Not only did he miss his flight from Detroit (my fault), but he ALSO missed his flight from Newark, NJ to San Juan (HIS fault)!! He claims otherwise, but I am convinced that he missed his second flight because he was taking a crap ;D

At any rate, he's home safe without a computer for a couple of days until his rig arrives. :D
  • NorgeNorge Sidney, Ohio
    edited May 2004
    I talked to VoE tonight at 10:00 PM. Not only did he miss his flight from Detroit (my fault), but he ALSO missed his flight from Newark, NJ to San Juan (HIS fault)!! He claims otherwise, but I am convinced that he missed his second flight because he was taking a crap ;D

At any rate, he's home safe without a computer for a couple of days until his rig arrives. :D
    LMAO! Now that would suck. Missing your flight because you were dropping the kids off at the pool.

Norge
  • QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA Icrontian
    edited May 2004
    Norge wrote:
    LMAO! Now that would suck. Missing your flight because you were dropping the kids off at the pool.

Thanks a good one Norge.... ;D
  • reverbreverb D-Town
    edited May 2004
    Well, it is good to hear that everyone got home safe. I did as well even though McBain was driving.
    edited May 2004
    Okay, this time we actually got mondi to the airport on time. His flight left at 5:21pm EST. He's expected to land in LA around 10:00 EST.
  • mondimondi Icrontian
    edited May 2004
    Okay, this time we actually got mondi to the airport on time. His flight left at 5:21pm EST. He's expected to land in LA around 10:00 EST.

actually :)

right as we hit the runway, one of your delightful detroit storms happened .. I began to seriously think that i was never meant to leave michigan :) ..

long story short though, 3 hours later we got a brief takeoff window which we took .. and finally - 11:45 PDT .. im home

had an amazing trip ... if you ever have the opportunity to spend 2 weeks with the Ambrozy clan, I suggest you take it :)

m
    edited May 2004
    Fully 7 days after the Lan and mondi makes it home.. Good to see you made it ok!
  • BlackHawkBlackHawk Bible music connoisseur There's no place like 127.0.0.1 Icrontian
    edited May 2004

Ok now I see the post so lemme fully explain. Since I was sick, my ears were full of pressure and stuff and the flight made it worse. I could hardly hear what I was saying. I asked a security guard where the check-in thing was and I went to search. Took me like half an hour to figure out that my airline's terminal is on the other side of the airport and I needed to take a rail train thingy. I get there and I was late but the flight still hasn't left. When I'm at the gate 8 mins before departure, the gate is closed and nobody is outside. Well I had to wait 3hrs for the next flight. Atleast I didn't have to pay anything.
    edited May 2004
    Raul, good to see you home safe. Sorry we didn't have opportunity to talk, I understand you're a bit of a clown. I have the same cold (Detroit viruses suck) woke up 3 this morning for lack of oxygen. I'm very contagious right now so I won't be going into work today. wheeeeee
    edited May 2004
    We've designated it the "1337 cold".

It was my goal to spread it to the four corners... Looks like I've got 2 or 3 of the 4 covered :rarr:
  • GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian
    edited May 2004
    I'm still sick as a dog over here... but I'm at work today. I'd tell you what I hacked up this morning, but I don't think that's really necessary. Suffice it to say, you've got Cincinnati covered.