If geeks love it, we’re on it

Howdy, Stranger!

You found the friendliest gaming & tech geeks around. Say hello!

Whats your Favorite Genre of Music?

JengoJengo Pasco, WA | USA
edited May 2004 in The Pub
What is your Favorite Genre of Music?

Comments

• botheredbothered Manchester UK
    edited May 2004
    I'm not clicking 'other'
    Reggae Reggae Reggae. Should be top of the list really.
    I seem to go for very differant styles of music. My other musical vice is Donovan.
  • edited May 2004
    Metal....it and a few oddball types of other genres, Mozart was god as far as classical goes...you could bang your head to a lot of his music.
  • shwaipshwaip bluffin' with my muffin Icrontian
    edited May 2004
    it really depends on what I'm doing...techno seems to make me do homework/code faster (probably not better though), but other than that, I like most music other than country/western/country-western
  • floppybootstompfloppybootstomp Greenwich New
    edited May 2004
    Indie. Stuff like Libertines; Idlewild; Starsailor; Alkaline Trio; Snow Patrol. That's fave, but most stuff, really.
  • AranyicAranyic Piqua, OH Icrontian
    edited May 2004
    I listen to many different types of music, favs would probably be country, light rock & oldies though. Country is on my radio during the day and delilah comes on if it's after 7pm.

-Aranyic
  • NecropolisNecropolis Hawarden, Wales Icrontian
    edited May 2004
    I am a bit of a metal fan myself. Metallica, Godsmack, Lost Profits, All top stuff :thumbsup:
  • KwitkoKwitko Sheriff of Banning (Retired) By the thing near the stuff Icrontian
    edited May 2004
    Aside from top 40, there's not much I don't listen to. Right next to Miles Davis in my CD collection you'll find Fear Factory. Next to that is the Grateful Dead. Next to that, Britney Sp-- umm, I mean Metallica. Yeah. Metallica. Rock on. :clap: Umm, I mean, :rockon:. Yeah.
  • dragonV8dragonV8 not here much New
    edited May 2004
    Metallica, System of a Down, Ramstein. :Rocker:

Though i like Metal, last week home i listened to about 6 cd's of Pink Floyd.
  • NecropolisNecropolis Hawarden, Wales Icrontian
    edited May 2004
    Speaking of Metallica, Coming soon - To a forum near you - Dan and Necropolis' trip to Dublin to see Metallica. :rockon::rockon::rockon::rockon::rockon:

Expect lots of pics of drunken antics as we hit Dublin for 24 hours. :ukflag: :thumbsup:
  • RADARADA Apple Valley, CA
    edited May 2004
    I'd say Country would be the base on my music platform, but there is always room for new genres, if it's done right. I listen to almost everything, and love to throw a wrench into the mix when anybody tries to classify what I listen to.

EXAMPLE: In my truck right now I have:

Nickelback - The Long Road (AWESOME CD, if you like them)
    Toby Keith - Shock 'n' Ya'll
    Metallica - Reload
    Gary Allen - See If I Care
    3 Doors Down's latest (can't remember the title)
    Disturbed - Believe

As long as I think the music is done well, I'll give it a go.
  • a2jfreaka2jfreak Houston, TX Member
    edited May 2004
    Other: Christian
  • FlintstoneFlintstone SE Florida
    edited May 2004
    I voted Other because, thankfully, there is new music all the time and I may like it or loathe it. But, I won't categorize my tastes, they vary too much!

Flint
  • oCoMiKoCoMiK Oswego, IL
    edited May 2004
    Jengo wrote:
    What is your Favorite Genre of Music?

You forgot "Jam" as in jam bands like The Dead, WSP, Phish, Moe, Leftover Salmon, etc...

Ocomik
  • ThraxThrax Professional Shill, Watch Slut, Mumble Hivemind Drone Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited May 2004
    Clapton to Asu, KMFDM to Simon and Garfunkel, Hendrix to Floyd. I like it all.
  • CyrixInsteadCyrixInstead Stoke-on-Trent, England Icrontian
    edited May 2004
    Psychadelic Trance. Infected mushroom in particular.

~Cyrix
  • GuyuteGuyute Gamehenge
    edited May 2004
    I listen to Phish 98% of the time, so whatever you consider them...that's my answer.
  • -tk-tk Detroit, MI USA Icrontian
    edited May 2004
    Guyute wrote:
    I listen to Phish 98% of the time, so whatever you consider them...that's my answer.

haha They're the reason I always click "other" or "all music" in polls like this

seriously, I'm with kwitko, I like everything....except coporate "music for the masses" crap like Brittany, Backstreet Boys and the like. However, from a musicians point of view, even some of that stuff is well written.

..crap....did I just admit that
  • fudgamfudgam Upstate New York
    edited May 2004
    During UT2004: Trance & Techno
    Any other time, whatever.
  • BlackHawkBlackHawk Bible music connoisseur There's no place like 127.0.0.1 Icrontian
    edited May 2004
    Pretty much anything except country music.
  • NLichtmanNLichtman Spring Valley, CA
    edited May 2004
    Same here as long as it sounds good. :Rocker:
  • entropyentropy Yah-Der-Hey (Wisconsin)
    edited May 2004
    a lot of rock, but lately i've been listening to a lot of punk as well. NoFX, MXPX, Lagwagon...and ska :thumbsup: Reel Big Fish mainly ... anyone ever hear of Flogging Molly? i love them for about 20 mins ... then i have to go take some aspirin
  • GargoyleGargoyle Purveyor of Lincoln Nightmares Illinois Icrontian
    edited May 2004
    Flogging Molly's great. I got Swagger a few weeks ago, but you're right, small doses do better :)
  • -tk-tk Detroit, MI USA Icrontian
    edited May 2004
    is it jsut me? or does "flogging molly" sound really close to a auto-erotica reference? I crack up everytime i hear that name.
  • hitokirihitokiri NYC
    edited May 2004
    Punk/Metal with a bit of Emo, some of my favorite bands are
    Thrice, Metallica, Megadeth, Iron Maiden, AFI, Taking Back Sunday, Green day, Funeral for a friend, from autmun to ashes, avenged sevenfold..etc...etc..

Flogging Molly is awesome, I'm not even irish but Salty Dog is way cool. :)
  • mewashere03mewashere03 Michigan
    edited May 2004
    Mostly I listen to punk or rock... but really I like any music as long as it has a good beat.
  • floppybootstompfloppybootstomp Greenwich New
    edited May 2004
    Floggin' Molly - the kind of band that would probably go down well with London's Irish community in a pub up Kilburn High Road on a Saturday night.

Intense.

And yeah, short bursts is enough for me, they have managed to outdo both the combined talents of The Pogues and The Dubliners in one fell swoop :D
  • GuyuteGuyute Gamehenge
    edited May 2004
    Speaking of which- who's watching American Idol??? Bwahahahahahahahha- JUST KIDDING!!! The last thing we need is ANOTHER Celine Dion...
  • KwitkoKwitko Sheriff of Banning (Retired) By the thing near the stuff Icrontian
    edited May 2004
    Guyute was the ugly pig.
  • GuyuteGuyute Gamehenge
    edited May 2004
    ...who danced a jig...

but not to an American Idol song. He no like karaoke either.

I've also been caught listening to Zep, SRV, Allman's, Dead, Neil Young, in no particular order. But I must say even though I haven't heard of half of the bands above, their names are pretty cool.
  • entropyentropy Yah-Der-Hey (Wisconsin)
    edited May 2004
    ooohhh, new favorite. how about Rasmus? anyone? very different ... which is why i heart it so very much so ;D