More problems with EMIII!

MedlockMedlock Miramar, Florida Member
edited July 2004 in Folding@Home
For a while now, it hasn't been showing processor information as it should. Yesterday I was messing around with the options to see if I could fix it. I got it back, but after restarting the computer, it's disappeared again, and I don't know which option I messed with to fix it. That's not what I'm really worried about though... Lately I've been getting a few WUs that EMIII does not recognize. (I think that's the problem anyway.) Is there an update planned soon? In the meantime, is there a config file I can edit myself to include these WUs?

Also, the total progress bar for my main rig is stuck at 80%. I don't know how it got stuck, it was just like that after I booted my computer. I tried exiting and opening the program again, but that won't fix it. After turning in one WU, the next one started up and EM showed 80% for that one too, right when it started. At the time I put together this screenshot, it was only 16% completed. EM still shows 80%.

Everything I've mentioned is boxed in red in the screenshot...

Comments

• mmonninmmonnin Centreville, VA
    edited July 2004
    Straight from the EM3 website

Latest EM Protein Data file
    To use the latest protein information file after downloading just extract the file to the EM folder and EM will automatically update itself within 30 seconds. After that, the next frame done will update the display information.

http://home.comcast.net/~wxdude1/emsite/download/emprotx.zip

When new WUs come out TheWeatherMan has to update the above file to include the points and other useful information about the WUs. Sometimes EM3 updates that file on its own, sometimes it may take awhile. You can do it on your own with the above instuctions.
  • edited July 2004
    As far as your other problem goes, I had that happen on one of my machines too. What had happened was that I must have had a defective wu or the queue lost it somehow and I ended up having 2 different wu's being in the work folder. What I did to fix the problem was to find out what was the orphaned wu and then delete it. Once I deleted the orphaned wu out of the work folder, my problems with EMIII disappeared.
  • BuiesCreek847BuiesCreek847 In a van, down by the river, NC Icrontian
    edited July 2004
    FWIW, you need to go to the properties of the folder you have F@H in and set it to be shared. Unless I'm mistaken, that way, EM-III can place the "speed.emd" file in there. You don't necessarily have to apply it to the sub-folders though.

Give it a shot. ;)