SM15 Reborn!

Comments

• QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA Icrontian
    edited August 2004
    I'm glad you kissed and made up..... Happy ending..
  • ClutchClutch North Carolina New
    edited August 2004
    QCH2002 wrote:
    I'm glad you kissed and made up..... Happy ending..

;D

There has to be more than 2 people though, wow. Of all the members we have here who fold, someone has room for one more. I mean we have got this far in the SMx project, I sure hope it doesnt end here because of people scared to run up there power bill. We have two fine people in the hat now, but I would like to see triple that IMO.
  • BuiesCreek847BuiesCreek847 In a van, down by the river, NC Icrontian
    edited August 2004
    Hey now! :wave:

We're (AMDmb/PC_Perspective) in the same boat with not many qualified folks signing up. :(

Think about this for a moment without first punching my teeth out. :aol:

To expand the possible hosts to draw from, . . . . . . . . . What if we crossed Teams?

Not sure as to how we would name the rig, etc.

~ ~ ~ ~ SM44 (folding for 734), Adopt-A-Frog_38 (folding for S/M), something along those lines maybe . . . . . :scratch:

Our rules are pretty much the same, mods could collaborate, etc . . . .

One downside might be that it would possibly cut in on newer members (direct Team) shot at the rig. Perhaps the cross-team candidate would be set as alternate err something? :scratch:

Our Teams are known to be in the forefront when it comes to new, super-cool chit. :thumbsup:
  • fatcatfatcat Mizzou Icrontian
    edited August 2004
    :rant: what no one wants this fine machine to fold for cures!?!? :rant:

comon peeps this is an honor beyond all...all it costs is a few bucks/month in electricity to help find cures for diseases and such. all we ask is that you keep the machine running and keep the dust bunnies out :zombie:

so throw your name in the hat!...its one of the best decisions you can make!!
  • CryptoCrypto W.Sussex UK Member
    edited August 2004
    I'd be delighted to host but reside in the UK :bawling:

I pay the bills and have one port left on my router.

Oh well.....

Crypto :ukflag:

p.s. must change my avatar, that things been and gone :celebrate
  • NecropolisNecropolis Hawarden, Wales Icrontian
    edited August 2004
    Crypto wrote:
    I'd be delighted to host but reside in the UK :bawling:
    I pay the bills and have one port left on my router.
    Oh well.....
    Crypto :ukflag:

Watch this space :ukflag:
  • GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian
    edited August 2004
    muddocktor wrote:
    GH, if you want to volunteer to be a host, I have no qualms about that. Actually I think that you would be a good choice, along with TTT. I just got mad because you could easily found out if the machine was tested by checking this post in this thread . I do hope that you will volunteer to be a host though; you definitely are a dedicated member of this forum and team.

I'm sorry my last post was so harsh but your post struck me wrong and I overreacted a bit. :eek2:

I think I must have stopped following that thread before that post, so I didn't see it. Ooops.

I'd definitely love to throw my name in the hat, but I PM'd CBDroege (my roommate whom I haven't seen in days) to see if he was OK with housing the rig on our premises. I haven't heard back yet...
  • LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian
    edited August 2004
    Hey Buies, glad to hear from you as always :)

One question: if both our teams are short on new hosts, how will combining our lack of hosts help us? We'll still have more rigs than we can host... :-/
    edited August 2004
    Hey Buies, glad to hear from you as always :)

One question: if both our teams are short on new hosts, how will combining our lack of hosts help us? We'll still have more rigs than we can host... :-/
    Hey now :wave:

Yeah, that little flag keeps poping up in my mind.

Thinking out loud as it were, I can't remember therules off the top of my head. Can current hosts host more than one rig?

I guess I'm thinking: One of your Team hosts might be interested in hosting one of our rigs, and vice-versa. :scratch:
  • mmonninmmonnin Centreville, VA
    edited August 2004
    Yes members can host more than one and are welcome to sign up for another. As well as mods.
    edited August 2004
    Put me in the hat.

//edit:
    I offer SM15 a 24/7 internet connection (high speed), a dedicated port on a router with hardware firewall, a dry and temperate environment, all the electricity it needs, my copy of Windows 2000, all of my software and hardware knowledge, regular cleanings, and free access to my repair parts bin before I'd ever dip in to the team's parts. In other words, I'd treat it like one of my own, except for the different username. ;)
  • CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian
    edited August 2004
    And me.
  • gtghmgtghm New
    edited August 2004
    Well in that case... :) I have plenty of room in my home for another SM rig.

"g"
    edited August 2004
    And suddenly the competition heats up for test_tube_tony... ;)
  • mondimondi Icrontian
    edited August 2004
    make that one more.

Ill put my name in again..

m
    edited August 2004
    The 'H' in my username is capitalized, Marc.

I updated my in-the-hat post with location details.
  • test_tube_tonytest_tube_tony Dallas TX Member
    edited August 2004
    i got 12 ports free on my switch mwahaha
    edited August 2004
    i got 12 ports free on my switch mwahaha

/me shakes in his boots.
    edited August 2004
    All right! Now we've got ourselves a lineup! :bigggrin: w00t for tough decisions!
    edited August 2004
    GHoosdum wrote:
    The 'H' in my username is capitalized, Marc.

Fixed.
  • ClutchClutch North Carolina New
    edited August 2004
    Glad to see some more people stepping up to the line. Got some great people so far. Keep em coming guys.
    edited August 2004
    mmonnin wrote:
    Fixed.

TY
  • S_WilsonS_Wilson Meridian, ID
    edited August 2004
    I would be delighted to put my name in the hat, I have ports on my router available and plenty of electricity. :)
    edited August 2004
    Oy! Now it's a regular rumble! :bigggrin:

Now, remember, we can only pick one this time - so the rest of y'all better be coming back for the next round :)
    edited August 2004
    Mission accomplished. ;)
    edited August 2004
    Oy! Now it's a regular rumble! :bigggrin:

Now, remember, we can only pick one this time - so the rest of y'all better be coming back for the next round :)

How long is this rumble going on, and when's the next round? I think I saw prime metion that the dually is ready to go, pending SM15's reassignment, right?
  • gtghmgtghm New
    edited August 2004
    Yea, I thought that this would have been decided by now... Cool... that means I still got a shot.... :)

"g"
    edited August 2004
    OK tomorrow is the last day.:)
  • edited August 2004
    Yeah, that sounds good, Marc. :thumbsup:

BTW, what kind of drugs is that baby in your AV on, anyways? :eek2:;D
    edited August 2004
    He is dropping the kids off at the pool.... Dropping the browns off at the super bowl....