3D Rocket SE Cooler

MediaManMediaMan Powered by loose parts.
edited November 2004 in Science & Tech
Gigabyte's 3D Rocket-SE heatsink is the stripped down version of the impressive 3D Rocket Pro that previously blew us away.

Read it here

Source: Short-Media.com

Comments

• csimoncsimon Acadiana Icrontian
    edited September 2004
    interesting design with unique airflow system.
  • ketoketo Occupied. Or is it preoccupied? Icrontian
    edited September 2004
    igabyte? :P
  • MediaManMediaMan Powered by loose parts.
    edited September 2004
    Fixed
  • edited November 2004
    I have an issue I wouold like to bring up: in the LGA-775 motherboards, the only thing that holds the whole thing in place is the surface tension of the thermal paste. It is prevented from moving side-to-side or slipping down by the lga-775 bracket provided, but the metal restrictors that were for other chipsets can simply slip beneath the bracket. Furthermore, at high temperatures, the thermal paste is not very sticky, and the whole thing simply topples off (in a tower, where the ATX is vertically mounted) and took out my graphics card, as well as letting the processor overheat to beyond 90 degrees in seconds, triggering a shutdown. You can imagine the frustration of any gamer should this happen to him.

If anyone knows how to mount this motorbike-piston-imitation that ensures that it does not fall into all the cards below, besides using superglue(I tried, the glue melted and the thing fell anyway, leaving a sticky mess to solidify all over the motherboard), string, or plenty of tape, please let me know at spamloader@gmail.com and I would greatly appreciate it.