LIS 2 Indicator

MediaManMediaMan Powered by loose parts.
edited January 2005 in Science & Tech
The L.I.S. 2 Indicator is more than a pretty face. It's a fan controller too. Virtual Lab System took the LCD display device one step further by incorporating a 4-channel fan controller. The L.I.S. 2 Indicator surpasses other units in aesthetics, price and features but there are areas that didn't quite measure up.

Read it here

Comments

• ShortyShorty Manchester, UK Icrontian
    edited October 2004
    That's quite damn funky.. :cool:

Nice review mate :)
  • MediaManMediaMan Powered by loose parts.
    edited October 2004
    Thank you Mr. Shorty sir. :)
  • GargGarg Purveyor of Lincoln Nightmares Icrontian
    edited October 2004
    Neat toy and a neat review. Thanks MM!
  • edited October 2004
    One thing missing from all these displays - I would like to be able to send a message to it from a VB program or script. Also, from your review I did not see how to display a message by reading a file, maybe I missed something. Otherwise thanks for the great review. - Dan
  • edited January 2005
    One thing missing from all these displays - I would like to be able to send a message to it from a VB program or script. Also, from your review I did not see how to display a message by reading a file, maybe I missed something. Otherwise thanks for the great review. - Dan

Hi. I recently purchased the L.I.S. 2 display and I read your post, actually you can send a message to the LIS2 from a VB program (if what u meant by that is using the VB prgm to change what the LIS displays). if you go into the directory u installed LIS control center in (probably c:\program files\L.I.Scontrol center) and u look at the file called AutoUser.ini it holds all the values for what u programmed the LIS to say in it. so u could simply open that file in a VB prgm and edit it. then when the file is edited and saved, the LIS will automatically load the updated file. hope this helps. :)
  • I just digged out the good old display! does anybody still got the drivers for it?