Chaintech AV-710 7.1 Audio Card

MediaManMediaMan Powered by loose parts.
edited October 2007 in Science & Tech
Sometimes all the bells and whistles aren't required. Why pay for the "extras" that may go unused? Some people just want to listen to music or watch a DVD with high-quality multi-channel audio support. Chaintech made the AV-710 a highly affordable solution that delivers 7.1 channel sound with the quality of the ENVY24 chipset. The AV-710 is half to two-thirds the cost of other Envy chip solutions but what does it deliver and what does it lack?

Comments

• edited August 2004
    I have purchased this card, and thanks for the info about the updated driver.
  • edited December 2004
    An update with the latest VIAdrivers would be nice. Asio4allis also inreresting.
  • edited August 2005
    MediaMan wrote:
    Sometimes all the bells and whistles aren't required. Why pay for the "extras" that may go unused? Some people just want to listen to music or watch a DVD with high-quality multi-channel audio support. Chaintech made the AV-710 a highly affordable solution that delivers 7.1 channel sound with the quality of the ENVY24 chipset. The AV-710 is half to two-thirds the cost of other Envy chip solutions but what does it deliver and what does it lack?

I own this card, and have been looking for a few days about the "Front Audio" Jumpers.. Its difficult to hookup without a layout of the connections.
    If you know em I'd really appretiate this.

Thanx.
  • edited October 2007
    The info about this chipset about the analog in's and out's is correct, but Chaintech also has a d/a converter chip that will convert the digital output of the chip to an analog output when in 2 channel 192khz mode! This means you CAN use 2 channel STEREO 192khz output, which for most people IS overkill anyway, but if that is what your looking for it is good to know. Chaintech drivers do not support this feature (why I don't know) but I have it working with latest Via drivers.