Who are you?

Comments

• edited March 2005
    Glad you found us Siggy :)
    Hmmmm, how about hosting SM LAN '05? j/k, It's not feasible, just an evil thought. Welcome, I'm sure you'll fold away in typical outrageous Aussie fashion.

KingFish
    Lake Charles, Louisiana, USA
  • csimoncsimon Acadiana Icrontian
    edited March 2005
    Yeah siggy welcome to short-media.
    I hope you can get comfortable here and call it home like most of us do! :thumbsup::fold:
  • tcithtcith Sydney, Australia Member
    edited March 2005
    Siggy wrote:
    Hi all.
    My name is David, and I live in Sydney Australia!
    I emigrated here about 7 years ago from London UK, (Wife couldnt take the cold weather)
    We have a 2 month old daughter, and 2 cats
    We have recently bought an Internet cafe in Dee Why, and I am enjoying building computers and selling parts and upgrades as well as running the cafe and the gaming machines!

Siggy

Excellent - more Aussies (well kinda, we'll overlook the immigration bit)

Welcome to one of the best forums and friendly people on the net....
  • mmonninmmonnin Centreville, VA
    edited March 2005
    Welcome to SM!
  • TroganTrogan London, UK
    edited March 2005
    Welcome to Team #93 :thumbsup:
  • edited March 2005
    hi, i just started folding today. I saw the post in the news and thought "hey, my comp is usally always on seeding, why not fold at the same time?" So that why i began. Right now im only running a 2200+ with 768mb ram but decided to start now and when i get my new system (April/May) just continue. About me huh? Im 18 and a student at a local community college. I usally vist short-media everyday but i rarely post. I like music(rock),scifi,computers and...having fun.
  • profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited March 2005
    diminion wrote:
    hi, i just started folding today....I like...having fun.
    A perfect combination!

Welcome to Team 93! :celebrate
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited March 2005
    Oh you're gonna love it here. Back when we were icrontic, I lurked for a year before posting, so I know how you feel :D

Thanks for joining the team! :thumbsup:
  • mmonninmmonnin Centreville, VA
    edited March 2005
    Welcome to the team man. I hope you stick with it man.:)
  • dragonV8dragonV8 not here much New
    edited March 2005
    Welcome to THE TEAM diminion. :thumbsup:
    edited March 2005
    thanks for joining up dim ...you'll be glad you did! :fold:
  • MollygizerMollygizer New York, NY
    edited March 2005
    My name is Molly, and I'm originally from Tennessee. I'm currently living in New York and attending NYU, where I major in Vocal Performance with an emphasis in Musical Theatre. I play Magenta in the NYC cast of the Rocky Horror Picture Show.

My father was diagnosed about 3 weeks ago with stage 3 esophageal cancer. He began chemo and radiation back home yesterday -- there has to be a better answer. Here's hoping this helps to find it.
    edited March 2005
    Sorry to hear about your father, Mollygizer. We have all been touched by cancer or alzheimer's, and this is one of the things that gives us the purpose and drive to fold on.

Welcome to the site, and to the team :)

:smokin:
  • witenoizwitenoiz 19,356 miles East of Kansas City, MO Member
    edited March 2005
    Mollygizer wrote:
    My name is Molly, and I'm originally from Tennessee. I'm currently living in New York and attending NYU, where I major in Vocal Performance with an emphasis in Musical Theatre. I play Magenta in the NYC cast of the Rocky Horror Picture Show.

My father was diagnosed about 3 weeks ago with stage 3 esophageal cancer. He began chemo and radiation back home yesterday -- there has to be a better answer. Here's hoping this helps to find it.
    Keep the faith Molly. 4 years ago my wife was diagnosed with Squamous Cell Carcinoma T4 - N2 Oropharynx tumor. It was at the base of the tongue and top of her voice box. Same treatment - Radiation Therapy ( 50 of them ) and chemotherapy ( 3 times ) - there have been some side effects to deal with but she is doing very well. There is a purpose to folding - Welome to the team. :fold: Jack
  • edited March 2005
    hi folks, name's shorty. 57, m. 6 kids , disabled grip. my oldest son is a bio. major . i found you lookin for help, showed my son and he pluged right in. i thought i was pluged in too until this mornin. now my computer is foldin but i'm lost till mike gets home. been reading around and not sure if i'm hooked up right. we'll see what happens.

i shall return shortly
  • TheBaronTheBaron Austin, TX
    edited March 2005
    shorty81 wrote:
    hi folks, name's shorty. 57, m. 6 kids , disabled grip. my oldest son is a bio. major . i found you lookin for help, showed my son and he pluged right in. i thought i was pluged in too until this mornin. now my computer is foldin but i'm lost till mike gets home. been reading around and not sure if i'm hooked up right. we'll see what happens.

i shall return shortly
    lol, shortly
    ;D im a dumbass
    edited March 2005
    Welcome Shorty81 :)

Ask away, we're a terribly helpful bunch. We'll help you do anything you need to do on your computer :)
  • edited March 2005
    evening folks , i'm also a dumbass! i got this puter and a few lessons for workmens comp. now i know enough to kill it. they exspect me to make a liveing off it. lmao!!!!!!!

some how this mornin i got folding going on. two differnt ones. i don't have time to do nothing at the moment, so i'll just let them go . i'll be back.
    shortly
  • edited March 2005
    regardin the dumbass comp.
    i've got two folding icons on my desktop. do they stop if i close them? when i downloaded them i just clicked recomended consule and they were on the desktop. no ? asked. maybe i need to read some more. i take direction well. kinda

shortly
    edited March 2005
    Unless you have a dual-CPU computer or a computer with HyperThreading, you don't want to run more than one client at a time. Since you mentioned that your son is the family computer expert, you might want to wait and have him take a look at it before you do anything else.

As far as being a "dumbass", each and every person at this site was the same way at some point in their life. Stick around the forums and after a very short time that label will no longer apply. Then you will be the one showing your son how it's done. :D
  • edited March 2005
    i've got fah4 console, and fah502 console, fahcore_82, my folding, and queue, icons on my desktop. so am i winnin the dumbass comp.? i'll get around to help with the computer later .
    shortly
    edited March 2005
    It sounds like you downloaded the program to your desktop and installed it from there. The console version installs itself to whatever folder it's in when you run the installation. What I'd suggest is that you wait until the current WU is finished, uninstall the program, then copy the installation program to a new folder in C:\Program Files\your new folder and reinstall it from there.

That will eliminate the mess of icons on your desktop and reduce the chances that you'll accidently delete something (or have Windows automatic desktop cleanup delete it for you...)

You're on the right track, just need a little tweaking - which is why I can tell you that you're lucky to be on such a great team as ours. We have the best experts in the business. :thumbsup:
  • edited March 2005
    profdlp wrote:
    Unless you have a dual-CPU computer or a computer with HyperThreading, you don't want to run more than one client at a time. Since you mentioned that your son is the family computer expert, you might want to wait and have him take a look at it before you do anything else.

As far as being a "dumbass", each and every person at this site was the same way at some point in their life. Stick around the forums and after a very short time that label will no longer apply. Then you will be the one showing your son how it's done. :D

i've got a compac s5400nx befor i took these classes i could type 25 wpm, now i 'm down to bout 5 .and this is enough for now

shortly
  • edited April 2005
    My name is Zack. I've been folding since yesterday. I'm a senior in high school, and I'm going to be attending The University of Tennessee at Knoxville in the fall.
    I bought a P4 3.4 Ghz laptop in Feb, and when I found out about folding from an old email that I forgot to read, I figured there was no better way for my computer to spend its idle time.
    edited April 2005
    welcome to the team 93 zac I hope you stick with us! :fold:
    edited April 2005
    ZacMan1987 wrote:
    ...I figured there was no better way for my computer to spend its idle time.
    You figured right. :D

Welcome to Team 93, ZacMan. Keep an eye on the Notable Milestones Forum - we like to give all of our teammates a pat on the back at regular intervals, beginning once you hit 1,000 points. :thumbsup:
  • edited April 2005
    good call zack!!!!! fold on!!!
  • edited April 2005
    Well my name is Alvin Chan and I am 16 a sophmore living in a small town (Hadley, Massachusetts) I was in a different forum where I basically learned the small portion of PC stuff. Then they had to delete part of the forum section off since it was a bandwidthspeed site. I was in search of a new forum and found you guys, with the fastest replys ever. The first post I said
    aznherb36 wrote:
    Oh, Thank god I found this site. I was SOOO PISSED when I got Home Search Assistent.

From now on this is my new Computer forum!
    :D

I've played CS for about 3 years now, went 8-0-1 in cal o playoffs. I recently got into nitro RC trucks. I have a Traxxas T-maxx. I am a young audiophile and I have a STR-DE595, Athena AS-F1 floor speakers(2), HK center channel, Sony rear speakers (2), and a KLH 125w subwoofer.

I work part time at Mcdonalds :p (parents are managers) and just started at a golf center, and then pickin corn in the summer time.

I listen to rap, hip hop and classic rock. I watch lotsa chinese comedy and action movies.

I guess I will say that.

And I'm Currently learning the crip walk. If anyone got a site for vidoes on it please post :thumbsup:
  • bs-of-the-eastbs-of-the-east Rancho Santa Margarita, CA
    edited April 2005
    Name: Bernard Strickland (bs)
    Born: West Virginia (of_the_east)

Lurking around since the old Icronic days. I was looking for information on a network when I found that site, I think there were different colored strings running from a motherboard and leading out of the window. Thought that was the funniest thing I had seen in a while.

Interests: Computers, Jazz, Science Fiction, FPS, Aikido, & Life.

Next big project: Restoration of my 73 Triumph Stag.

Gald to be part of Short Media

Don't post much, but often in the background :ninja:
  • Lady_NikonLady_Nikon Kentucky
    edited May 2005
    I am very new to short-media as of yesterday. I am here for mostly the folding. My professor handed out cards, and I being in lust with my professor decided to join immediately. :)