Remove Home Search Assistant

124»

Comments

• edited March 2005
    UM where do I find this removal guide?
  • KwitkoKwitko Sheriff of Banning (Retired) By the thing near the stuff Icrontian
    edited March 2005
  • edited April 2005
    since this morning i realized that i've got home search assistant in my comp, along with shopping wizard and some other search program. i can't get rid of it. i have adaware v.6, and i dont know how old that version is. is there an effective way to get rid of this stupid hsa?

thanks for your time :)
  • profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited April 2005
    Hi, hallie06, welcome to Short-Media. :)

Follow the guide found here. You may also want to post a HijackThis log in a new thread in our Spyware/Virus/Trojan Discussion forum along with a description of your problem.

Our crack SVT Team will be happy to help you out. :thumbsup:
  • edited April 2005
    Applause! great work. "Normal" (hehehe) blue collar people like me need friends like you and well appreciate it. Thanks again.
  • ronboronbo Connecticut
    edited April 2005
    This is the first forum I've ever seen where an Unregistered Guest can post in the forum. Whats with that?? I thought that was the main reason to register in the first place.. :confused::confused:
    edited April 2005
    Guests are permitted to comment on articles which appear on the S-M Front Page. :)

Unregistered "blue collar" Guest: Glad you found the article helpful. :thumbsup:
  • ronboronbo Connecticut
    edited April 2005
    Thanks profdlp, for getting me straight on that. The article was very interesting reading for sure. That search assistant sounds like a nasty thing to have on ones computer.....
  • edited April 2005
    Thank you ... thank you ... thank you ... and I hope that the bastard who wrote this nasty pernicious piece of evil burns (slowly and painfully and forever) in hell ... it took me three trys through the Guide, but I believe a wooden stake was finally driven into its vicious heart.

Thank you.
  • edited May 2005
    Hi, I successfully removed Home Search Assistant with this guide. Thanks
  • edited June 2005
    where is this guide located?
    edited June 2005
    where is this guide located?
    Follow the guide found here. :)
  • edited June 2005
    "hsremove" seems to have done the job, rebooted and everything is fine.
    excellent work by the writer, I even considered donating (poor mofo over here)

I was lucky enough to try it out before I started poking around, thnx gsmith00 for mentioning it
  • edited June 2005
    can u help me one on one how to delete it...cas that other guy who said messed up his computer kind of freaked me out......
  • DexterDexter Vancouver, BC Canada
    edited June 2005
    can u help me one on one how to delete it...cas that other guy who said messed up his computer kind of freaked me out......

http://www.short-media.com/review.php?r=259

Follow the steps there. If you do them properly, you will not mess your computer up. If you need help, follow the instructions in this link to and post an HJT log in our SVT forum:

http://www.short-media.com/forum/showpost.php?p=172584&postcount=2

Dexter...