Folding@Home on Multithreaded Windows PCs

MediaManMediaMan Powered by loose parts.
edited November 2008 in Science & Tech
A quick and easy install guide for the Folding@Home client as a service on a PC with multiple processors (dual CPU or dual core).

Read it here

Comments

• primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited June 2005
    awesome article, drasnor! Thanks!
  • drasnordrasnor Starship Operator Hawthorne, CA Icrontian
    edited June 2005
    Wow, send that one back it needs some more editing. I didn't realize the VB tags didn't work outside the forums. :eek:

-drasnor :fold:
  • LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian
    edited June 2005
    drasnor wrote:
    Wow, send that one back it needs some more editing. I didn't realize the VB tags didn't work outside the forums. :eek:

-drasnor :fold:
    I expected it to work too, actually. :scratch: I'll fix it. :)

//edit: I changed all the "code" items to bold.

Good work, mate. :cheers:
  • TheBaronTheBaron Austin, TX
    edited June 2005
    all of his \'s and /'s were removed, someone needs to manually put them back in
  • _k_k P-Town, Texas Icrontian
    edited November 2008
    the easiest thing to do is run the four clients for part of a day and use FAHMon to check your ppd then switch over to the SMP for half a day and check your ppd with it, then of course pick the set up that yields the highest production for you.

The other thing you might want to do is run dual SMP clients on your quad, same concept applied with SMP as with single core clients. Generally thats what a lot of quad users do if they have more than 2 GBs of ram, 2 SMP clients eat up some ram when they are running.
  • QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA Icrontian
    edited November 2008
    Two SMP's will smoke 4 instances of the regular F@H... I'd say 7,000 points per day (ppd) verses 1,500 ppd. :wow2:
This discussion has been closed.