Battlefield 2

Comments

• GobblesGobbles Ventura California
    edited October 2005
    Hey Gobbles

I would love to find a group of guys to play with on BF2, Is there any way I could join up with you guys csome time for some awesome gaming! I mean you dont live all that far form me :)

http://www.bsdterritory.com/forum

register, get ventrillo, and we will gladly play with you. We are on most evenings here in cali, there are about 6 of us from cali, 2 or 3 on all the time, but after 7pm pst you will find us all playing CSS or BF2 usually BF2 because we are stat whores
    :thumbsup:
  • Sledgehammer70Sledgehammer70 California Icrontian
    edited October 2005
    check you pm from me, I also already have Vent, So I just need the info, I guess I'll check out the link :)
    edited October 2005
    you will need to register. We have most of our forum blocked from non registered users. Fear not, no spam from registering this a private site run by my friends. Ive know most of them for years. We have a BF2 twl team we can always use another, and you will get playing time, as we are usually short 1 or 2 people every match.

Ill pm you the vent details. I am name on that site..
    edited October 2005
    got the info and will check it out tonight! Did you get the PM form me? you guys might want to check out the event! I mean it is going to be pretty bad a$$!
  • kanezfankanezfan sunny south florida Icrontian
    edited October 2005
    Is it me or is the maturity level slowing eroding in here?
    edited October 2005
    kanezfan wrote:
    Is it me or is the maturity level slowing eroding in here?

how so? its thread related to a video game, how mature do you want it to be?
    :D
    edited October 2005
    Nosferatu wrote:
    For Battlefield 2 there are a few things. First, if you are interested in points and unlocking weapons play on only ranked servers. Also, if you are looking for teamwork join a squad and when you select a spawn point choose your squad leader (the dot will be green instead of white). If after a few minutes you notice no one on your squad is sticking together, choose another squad. Usually you can at least find a few that do stick together and help each other out. Lastly, BF2 can't really be played as CS or UT2k4. You get many more points playing as a team and helping out your teammates (medic, ammo, repair, capturing flags, etc.). Finally, sniping is extremely hard in this game. Especially at distance. Expect to miss almost every shot. :( If you are going to fly anything, get a joystick. It's much easier and gives you more control in helicopters and the especially the planes. Bind the hat switch on the joystick to different vehicle views. Once you get comfortable with it, you can the view looking forward at the nose of the jet to see when enemy jets are on your tail or the missile lock is from AA on the ground. It also helps you to time when you need to swerve to avoid a missile.

Some fun tips:

- One anti-tank missile will blow up a jet. The best thing to do is hide along a runway and wait for someone to jump and try to hit him with an AT missile when he is first starting the engines or is going down the runway.

- Placing a bunch of C4 in a bush or just hidden along a road, insurgent style, can be very effective at stopping the enemy from using a road. Once you get them once and they don't know what killed them, they usually find a different route.

- Two AT missiles can usually bring down a blackhawk helicopter if they have no engineer in there to repair it.

- It's very hard to hit someone with a missile in air-to-air combat when they are turning. So if you want to avoid a missile just keep making big turns. It works for stingers too but not as well.

- Anti-tank mines are fun to place 1/3 of the the way down the on the airstrip from the hanger, just make sure you wait and watch... it's hilarious. Also, try placing a couple spanning the with of the runways. I've seen pilots notice them at the last second, try to swerve only to hit another one I've placed.

- If you can do it, place C4 under a wing or in the back engine of a jet or helicopter. Hide and wait until someone jumps in and let them take off and fly for awhile, then hit the trigger. They will explode in mid-air and have no idea how they died. You can blow up jets across the map if you have C4 on it. It's also great when they pack a helicopter with 5 people and you blow it out of the air.

- When dropping bombs, they will land approx. where the center of the gun site on the HUD is. It's also very useful to be able to change views in the jet to see where your bombs land. Practice bombing a lot offline to get a feel for it.

- Swooping down in a jet and using your guns is really effective at taking out people, boats, and jeeps. It is also effective at taking out anything else like an APC, tank, or the AA guns on the battleship.

- It's hard to do, but if you switch to bombs and follow an enemy plane you can use your main guns on him instead of your missiles and since you have your bombs activated he won't hear missile lock and a lot of the time will have no idea where he's being shot from. A joystick also comes in handy here to when you bind your thumb button to change from missiles to bombs.

It's hard to say how important joysticks are if you are flying an airplane or helicopter. Once you master it, you can be a very very good pilot. Flying them with a keyboard and mouse is very limiting compared to a joystick. I have the Logitech Cordless Freedom 2.4GHz joystick. It's one of the most expensive, but I love it. There is also an almost identical version that has a cord which is a lot cheaper.

I personally like them to hear the lock because I am sick and twisted and love watching them try to out fly me, some people dont care or think its a ground lock and fly straight, thats an easy kill. Ive found that shooting the bottow side of an airplane with your airplane blows them out of the sky in a matter of 30 or so rounds.

Other tips, master the throttle, its your friend. When bombing its easier to hit a target at slow speeds. A variable throttle is the best. Anything bellow 800 for your speed and you will be pretty accurate. Remember that moving slower you are an easy target for everything.

When dodging air to air missles, flying in circles works good, also flying straight up then leveling off then nose over and slightly spiral back downward.

Learn to use the rear view. When you hear a lock on you, switch to the rear view then back again. It allows you to see if you are being locked from the air or ground.

In a helo, full throttle=bad. A good straffing run is best done about 50% power, it tends to let the gunner get better shots with the gun. My buddy will fly at 45% throttle while I gun and we rack up alot of kills.

BF2 plays just dandy on 1gig of ram. More is better, more will help verify client data much faster but 1gig is most certianly acceptable. I get 60+ fps running a 9800xt at 1600x1200 low settings with 1 gig ram.
  • EnverexEnverex Worcester, UK Icrontian
    edited October 2005
    Gobbles wrote:
    http://bf2s.com/player/BSD.NAME/

Ive put some time into this game. you are across the pond and probably asleep when we play, or I suggest you play with us BSD, we have a ventrillo server and we pwn out on most servers we play on. We play 8v8 twl.

23 gold
    40+ silver and Bronze
    Veteran in 4 catagories and should have the rest by monday
    I have all unlocks but the engineer jackhammer.

sig.png
    sig5.png
    awards.jpg

Ouch, thats almost a 1:1 KD ratio. You're also at 300 hours where as I am at 90 and nearing the same amount of Gold/Silver/Bronze medals as well as already having more badges and ribbons.

Maybe I'm not as bad as I think.

Still, if anyone knows a good clan in EUROPE then I'd appreciate it. Playing with Americans just isn't going to work.
    edited October 2005
    I find myself playing single player, so I dont have to deal with my teammates gunning me down....god it is so annoying
    edited October 2005
    I find myself playing single player, so I dont have to deal with my teammates gunning me down....god it is so annoying

Added advantage is you don't have to deal with people acting like 2 year olds either along with lag and many other horrid things (Bots don't bunny hop, dolphin dive, spawn camp, go to the enemies base at the start of a game to steal their stuff, TK you repeatedly because you're commander/in a vehicle they want, etc etc).

I've found myself reinstalling Operation Flashpoint and playing that instead actually.
  • edited October 2005
    image.jpg

I play competitively, my team is one of the Top 4 American teams.
  • NorgeNorge Sidney, Ohio
    edited October 2005
    Norge wrote:
    I played BF2 for the first time in a while after they patched it last week. It was kind of fun to get back in the game and I will admit that the interface is getting a little better. Emphasis on a little better. It is still very clunky and I've ran into a problem.

When I logged on the game told me that I had adchieved the new rank of Lance Corporal and that a new weapon unlock was available. The kit I primarily use in BF2 is medic so I wanted to unlock the new medic weapon. Unfortunatly the weapon unlock screen doesn't tell you which kit each gun goes with so I hit the "Unlock Later" option. That way I could go see which weapon I needed for the medic kit. Well after figuring out which weapon I want to unlock I can't find an option anywhere to get back to the weapon unlock screen. Am I just straight up overlooking one of the buttons or is there some trick to this I can't see?

Norge
    So no one knows the answer to this?

Norge
  • EnverexEnverex
    wonders why people are posting in this forum only to show their stats when it has nothing to do with the topic or subject and he actually specifically said not to.

DJStubbs: Although on the other hand, your stats are likely to be wiped shortly; Worcester, UK Icrontian
    edited October 2005
    wonders why people are posting in this forum only to show their stats when it has nothing to do with the topic or subject and he actually specifically said not to.

DJStubbs: Although on the other hand, your stats are likely to be wiped shortly; http://www.bf2rankedservers.com/forums/search.php?searchid=9196
    One of three screenshots of the offence: http://img397.imageshack.us/my.php?image=stubbs31hl.jpg

No idea Norge, I was actually thinking that myself. When you're on the BFHQ part of the game, see if you can click the unlock weapons on the bottom right of the page and see if that brings up the unlock option.

Anyway, still looking for an English clan. I don't think CiE want be anyway judging from the fact that two people that joined over a week later than me have been accepted into the clan and I'm still hanging.
  • edited October 2005
    LOL that's not stat padding, that's raping a noob in a pub with a friend of mine.

Sometimes it's the only thing to do in BF2.
    edited October 2005
    djstubbs wrote:
    LOL that's not stat padding, that's raping a noob in a pub with a friend of mine.

Sometimes it's the only thing to do in BF2.

No, that is the exact definition of stat padding, you've also been reported 3 times and have multiple screen shots of events.
  • GuyuteGuyute Gamehenge
    edited October 2005
    Enverex: In regards to the initial point you made about lag; maybe EA incorporated the same type of system the Counter-strike modders (or Valve once they bought it) did. They actually built a lag allowance into the engine, so if you duck into a door, and he still sees you because of lag, you get whacked. The engine knows where you were IN HIS EYES when he fired, so you still get creamed, even though in your eyes you made the move before. I used to get pissed off and rage about the hackers nailing me through a the corner of a wall until I read this on a forum somewhere...
    edited October 2005
    That is quite lame and ultimately one of the reasons I'm not as good online as lan/offline :( sucks.
  • GuyuteGuyute Gamehenge
    edited October 2005
    It's a blessing and a curse: blessing because I live in Nova Scotia, so I am always behind the lag 8-ball. Curse, because sometimes guys are even further behind than me!!! Kinda levels the playing field, in the end.
  • MAGICMAGIC Doot Doot Furniture City, Michigan Icrontian
    edited October 2005
    bf2 sucks counterstrike 1.5 forever :clap:
  • edited October 2005
    Enverex wrote:
    No, that is the exact definition of stat padding, you've also been reported 3 times and have multiple screen shots of events.

i have like 1000 points of that, and sometimes it was the only thing to do, my kd/r still stands.

honestly i have at least 5000 pts of tks, and who cares about fcking stats anyway.

as long as you have a good kd/r you're good in my book.
  • deicistdeicist Manchester, UK
    edited October 2005
    Anyone in the UK who fancies playing BF2 with a light hearted clan who don't take ourselves too seriously try =XDC=, there's a link to our multiplay server on the site and you're welcome to join us on our teamspeak server. If you join the forums and get chatting to people you'll be much less likely to get kicked off the server when we need space for people and we only really have one rule on the servers, behave like a twat and you will be kicked / banned.

edit: I'm =XDC=Deicist obviously :)
    edited October 2005
    deicist wrote:
    Anyone in the UK who fancies playing BF2 with a light hearted clan who don't take ourselves too seriously try =XDC=, there's a link to our multiplay server on the site and you're welcome to join us on our teamspeak server. If you join the forums and get chatting to people you'll be much less likely to get kicked off the server when we need space for people and we only really have one rule on the servers, behave like a twat and you will be kicked / banned.

edit: I'm =XDC=Deicist obviously :)

I'll be signing up. The first paragraph on the site matched how I felt exactly :p
    edited October 2005
    Ah, re-reading my post I should have perhaps worded it a bit better, we only ever ask someone to join the clan if they've been playing on the server / posting in the forums for ages and everyone knows and gets on with them.... usually takes 6 months to a year before we'll ask someone to join, but you're more than welcome to join the forums and play on the server with us :D

see you on the battlefield :)
  • edited October 2005
    deicist wrote:
    Ah, re-reading my post I should have perhaps worded it a bit better, we only ever ask someone to join the clan if they've been playing on the server / posting in the forums for ages and everyone knows and gets on with them.... usually takes 6 months to a year before we'll ask someone to join, but you're more than welcome to join the forums and play on the server with us :D

see you on the battlefield :)

Why would you guys have such a lengthy recruitment process if you have no sponsors, or accomplishments to bar new members from joining with ease?

One organization I know of that has a process similar to the one you speak of is:

Team Paradigm Shift -P-

But they have enough sponsors to build an entire pc, and can't change their roster and constantly hand out computers, some would join merely for those material items, hence the long recruitment process.

But even teams without big sponsors and high acclaim (accomplishments) have a short recruitment process but you have to be highly skilled.

I guess I'm just dissapointed to see teams turning people down or making them wait a long time just to join something that's nothing more than mediocre at best, maybe that's all that they want??

Now I'm not pointing fingers directly at your team, there are a few I know of that have similar procedures, maybe not to the extent of 6 months / 1 year, but similar.

I'm just trying to get an understand as to why you would have such a long recruitment process.
  • FormFactorFormFactor At the core of forgotten
    edited October 2005
    Hey Enverex! How did you get your BF2 stats in your sig like that? Do they update in real time?
    edited October 2005
    The site used to update every 10 minutes or so, but since the 1.03 patch it stopped updating, there are a few other sites though that are still working if you want to Google them. The one I use said they will be back up soon so I haven't bothered changing. I'm now a Gunnery Sargeant with 11,000 points and all but 2 ribbons :p

Stubbs: I don't think it's a case of people being good or anything, it's just to weed people out etc.
    edited October 2005
    Although, if anyone does know of any UK clans that aren't super hellbent on performance and that I could actually join sometime this year, I'd appreciate to know, heh.
    edited October 2005
    We have such a long recruitment process because we're not interested in stats, or competitive ability or anything like that, we're not even a clan in the traditional sense. What we look for is people who know that a game is just a game, that it doesn't really matter how good you are as long as you're fun to play with. Basically it's more a badge of pride than anything else, we're proud that amongst our little community (a good few hundred people in various clans who we play against and with) being a member of XDC is a sign that you're not a jumped up little 12 year old who has more kills than pubes, and you are in fact someone who plays for fun. We don't even really recruit in the traditional sense, just every so often somone will point out that there's someone really cool who's been haging around for ages and we ask them to join.
    edited October 2005
    Right, thats my time wasted twice now.

Does anyone know of any UK based clans THAT I COULD ACTUALLY JOIN THIS CENTURY?

I'm on the verge of just selling BF2 because I'm getting very sick of it, very quickly. 99% of the people on there seem to be retards that are devoid of any common decency or logic so getting in a very active clan will be the only way left to stop me from just getting rid of this highly unpolished, very biased POS.
  • edited October 2005
    Hi Enverex

I play with ZiiP. We don't take ourselfs too seriously, and i just hung out the server for a bit, and posted abit on forums before i joined.

site address is www.ziip.co.uk, if your still looking that is