Rumor Mill: New GeForce 7800GTX Ultra version

Omega65Omega65 Philadelphia, Pa
edited November 2005 in Science & Tech
There are rumors of a new 512MB (Ultra???) version of the GeForce 7800GTX over at The Inquirer.....

The Inq article claims to have knowledge of a new version of the 7800GTX with 512MB and GPU clock of 550mhz!!
We know that new Nvidia card is a very much tweaked original G70, Geforce 7800 GTX PCB design and this time the card will work at a magnificent 550MHz core and at 1800MHz memory. Nvidia felt threatened by the X1800XT....
At such high frequencies and twenty four pipelines, we believe that R520 "Fudo" might experience (an) unbelievable performance spanking and we believe that the situation might drastically change in Nvidia advantage.
Sounds like FUD....but this is one juicy rumor.....fingers crossed!

Source: The Inquirer

Comments

• RADARADA Apple Valley, CA Member
    edited November 2005
    GREAT!!!

2 7800GTX Ultra cards by EVGA for a SLI setup will be $1500+ :shakehead .................................what was that noise?

.............................. :wtf: my wallet just screamed, and fainted dead away in abject terror in my back pocket........
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited November 2005
    The Inq is rarely wrong about matters like this.
  • RWBRWB Icrontian
    edited November 2005
    Kinda scary, I hope ATi puts something out that can at least equal this beast. I mean the 7800 is already a beast as is! :eek:
  • edited November 2005
    Thrax wrote:

lol true story
  • ShortyShorty Manchester, UK Icrontian
    edited November 2005
    Thrax wrote:
  • Sledgehammer70Sledgehammer70 California Icrontian
    edited November 2005
    The Ram being 512 will not yield the huge increase in speed; it is the Core that we care about. If it will come stock at 550 MHz than we are looking at 600 MHz versions being rolled out along with the crazy overclockers getting the 700's and the even Psycho guys getting 1 GHz on the core :) with like Liquid Nitrogen cooling lol! these guys need to get realistic........

Hey I heard they guy who got the ATI 1 GHz speed under OC'ing fried the card after 1 hour of running it at those speeds. I guess the components got to cold :)
  • mmonninmmonnin Centreville, VA
    edited November 2005
    Its no rumor. There is also a 7800GS that will be out sometime as well. Its lower than the GT performancewise. A few people decompiled a .dll and found a 7800GS listed.
  • Sledgehammer70Sledgehammer70 California Icrontian
    edited November 2005
    Nvidia's latest ForceWare driver beta release has added weight to speculation that the company is preparing to release a mainstream desktop GeForce 7 series part.

A peek within the driver package, version 81.87, reveals a reference to a chip called the GeForce 7800GS, according to an Anandtech report.

The 7800GS is expected to be a mainstream-oriented part that will sit below the 7800GT, which Nvidia released this past August. It is likely to be priced in the $200-300 range.

The story also claims Nvidia is preparing a 512MB version of the 7800GTX, though it doesn't provide any direct evidence for it. However, we note the driver mentions the G73, a GeForce 7 series part, and that may well be what Anandtech has in mind.

The report also mentions a "mystery product" dubbed the GeForce 6150, but we'd note that's the integrated North Bridge formerly known by its codename, 'C51'. However, the driver also mentions the 6250 - a more advanced integrated graphics engine, or the successor to the budget-priced 6200 graphics chip line? There's also a reference to a 6700 part and the elusive NV48 chip.

Nvidia last week launched the GeForce Go 7300 mobile GPU, pitched at multimedia-oriented thin'n'light laptops. The part was pre-announced by Nvidia's first customer for the chip, Asus. ®
  • NiGHTSNiGHTS San Diego Icrontian
    edited November 2005
    How does this compare to the X1800 XT that was just released?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814102624