Team 93 "Official" Can Of Green Beans

profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
edited January 2008 in Folding@Home
Last month I received in the mail a very generous donation to the SMx Project from our teammate and all-around good guy GHoosdum. Among the various items there was one unique object and a note in an envelope labeled "Read This". I've attached a picture of the note for your viewing pleasure.

The "unique object" was a can of green beans. Not just any beans, mind you, but a can containing exactly 93 beans and a label overlayed with a Team Nexlia logo.

The note instructed me to pass along the beans within a month. I thought long and hard about who to send them to next. There are so many deserving members of Team 93 that it was not an easy choice. Then, yesterday afternoon I posted a MAJOR Milestone for one of our teams elite Folders and the selection became obvious. Fair warning to primesuspect - the beans are heading your way! :D

I've added a little decoration of my own to the can - a 1337 Zalman Case Badge, purchased right here in the Short-Media Deal Depot and Trading Post. As each member receives the beans - and the honor that goes along with it - I would encourage them to add a little something when you pass it along. It doesn't have to be a sticker, even something included in the shipping container would be fine.

:clap::fold:Long Live Team 93!!!!!!! :fold::clap:

Comments

• profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited January 2006
    The Team 93 "Official" Can Of Green Beans is in the mail!

:celebrate

:smokin:
  • edited January 2006
    Yay for Primesuspect
  • GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian
    edited January 2006
    The pineapple may rise again, if I can get a PC running that has SATA to access the Pineappular information on my SATA HDD... so long as the HDD wasn't claimed in the frying session that took out my PSU and mobo...

The beans, like the pineapple, originated in an idea by Vicodin in a prizes for folding thread over a year ago. ;) prof was a natural first recipient of this award, because his dedication to the team is unquestionable! :fold:
  • sfleurietsfleuriet Texas New
    edited January 2006
    haha awesome beans - I'm glad that Zalman badge is going to very good use :bigggrin:
    edited January 2006
    Pilot - before all is said and done it is very likely that your Zalman sticker is going to visit most of the fifty states, plus the UK and Australia.

Now I'm jealous of a case badge... :p
  • sfleurietsfleuriet Texas New
    edited January 2006
    profdlp wrote:
    Pilot - before all is said and done it is very likely that your Zalman sticker is going to visit most of the fifty states, plus the UK and Australia.

Now I'm jealous of a case badge... :p
    Yeah that really is cool. I'd love to start something similar to this on SMF just for fun, but I need an idea. Maybe a computer part or something. Everybody could report its status in a thread dedicated to this object, and then get put in line to be the next recipient.
  • CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian
    edited January 2006
    That sounds similar to a very 1337 thing of which I've heard tell...
  • csimoncsimon Acadiana Icrontian
    edited January 2006
    What ever became of the pineapple?
    edited January 2006
    csimon wrote:
    What ever became of the pineapple?

The original pineapple was lost in the mail. Its replacement is sitting on my SATA HDD, waiting until I can afford to build a PC with SATA again. ;)
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited January 2006
    Hmmm. I opened the mail yesterday and much to my ... delight :confused: ... I found a can of 93 green beans :wtf:

I've attached a souvenir and later on today I will take a pic of the can enjoying a warm January's day (with the freakishly warm January we've been having here in Michigan) before announcing the next lucky recipient. :)
  • GobblesGobbles Ventura California
    edited January 2006
    mmmmmmm beans...
  • edited January 2006
    lol, if we send it to gobbles, i dont think we'll ever see it again ;D
    edited January 2006
    sectorz715 wrote:
    lol, if we send it to gobbles, i dont think we'll ever see it again ;D
    We might smell them, though... :eek2:
  • QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA Icrontian
    edited January 2006
    profdlp wrote:
    We might smell them, though... :eek2:
    Did you call me??? Oh, you're talking about Gobbles.... attachment.php?attachmentid=13700&d=1102970787
    edited January 2006
    'nuff said.

Sledgehammer70 gets the beans next.... :ninja:

93-Beans-006_DxO.jpg
    edited January 2006
    I've included a sarcnet business card to mark the beans' trip through Michigan. Also, in the box will be a portrait of the snuffmeister :p
    edited January 2006
    Awesome! :D
  • Sledgehammer70Sledgehammer70 California Icrontian
    edited January 2006
    I am honored to be the next man on the Bean list! I might just have a very funny item to add to the can!
    edited January 2006
    The Beans are in California! They have been chillin on top of my office desk now for 2 days! Along with the items added to the package! Will be hunting down the next candidate in the next few weeks :) and I will add some images here with the Can and what I added to the overall package!
  • Liquid81Liquid81 Westbrook,CT
    edited February 2006
    This stuff is the cool!
  • QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA Icrontian
    edited February 2006
    This IS cool... BTW, nice avatar Liquid!!!!
  • Liquid81Liquid81 Westbrook,CT
    edited February 2006
    Thanks! i LOVE kITTIES!
    edited February 2006
    Here is an Update on the Can O Beans!
    edited February 2006
    Snuffie's in Cali!
    edited February 2006
    Awesome!
    edited February 2006
    Can I say it is time for the CAN-O-BEANS to get a bit crazy with QCH2002 The Can will be flying your way for the better good!
    edited February 2006
    Sweet! Onward to glory, beans!
    edited February 2006
    You know what I really like? Steamed green beans with Loiusiana hot sauce on them. For that matter, I like anything with Loiusiana hot sauce on it. :D

Not to put ideas in your head, Mudd... :hair:
    edited February 2006
    Mudd? the Beans are going to QCH2002 :)
    edited February 2006
    Now I'm not only blind, but senile too... :bawling:

QCH can put some Chicago hot sauce on them, otherwise known as "ketchup". ;D