Mobo monitors

Buddha16Buddha16 Austin, Tx Member
edited February 2006 in Science & Tech
I guess this would be a general software quest??!?! Besides mbm5 for temp and fan rpm (and all that good stuff) monitoring, what else is good to use. Mbm5 does not support one of my motherboards (soyo sy-p41l 845pe lite :rant:). Any suggestions??:confused2

Comments

• profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited February 2006
    Try SpeedFan. :wave:
  • Buddha16Buddha16 Austin, Tx Member
    edited February 2006
    profdlp wrote:

cool seems to work, but it says my processor temp is 122 deg C!!! can that be right???:confused:
    edited February 2006
    No, that's not correct. Make sure it's identifying the sensor chip properly.

Another thing is that most monitoring programs allow for up to three sensors. If the MB only has two it will often give totally loony readings for the (nonexistent) third one. What do the other sensors say?
    edited February 2006
    mobo.jpg

There is a little screen shot. Temp3 fluctuates between 3c and 75c. weird!!
  • edited February 2006
    My mobo isn't supported with MBM5, but I've been using it anyways. Just select any board on the list and set it up manually.
    edited February 2006
    I took a look at the manual and it appears that the sensor chip shown in your picture is indeed the right one. A quick search of the web indicates that others have had problems with temp monitoring on that board.

I'd go into the BIOS and watch the temps there for a few minutes and see if they fluctuate wildly (the most common complaint I found). The system won't be under any load at all while in the BIOS, but at least you'll have some idea as to how stable the readings are.
    edited February 2006
    In bios my cpu temp is 45C and case temp is 27c.....real steady too! Hmmm weird!
    edited February 2006
    also none of my fans a registering rpm's in speedfan or the bios.
  • ronboronbo Connecticut
    edited February 2006
    Try Everest and see if your readings are more down to earth.....Everest Ultimate is only $20. It will show a lot more then just your temps. It will tell you everything about your computer.....
    http://www.lavalys.com/

If you want to save some bucks it looks like they offer a trial version too.
    http://www.lavalys.com/products/download.php?pid=3&lang=en
    edited February 2006
    Good suggestion, ronbo. :)

Buddha16 - there may be a utility on the CD which came with your MB. That might be worth a try if nothing else works.
    edited February 2006
    mobo2.jpg

Well i opened her up to make sure everything was connected right....she is.
    I looked to see if i had any bios updates and there are......thats done.
    i installed everest and it looks like a bad ass little program....but my cpu is still jumping around alot. The temp jumps from lowest -3c to highest 75c in 2 sec intervals with others in between. hhmmm maybe my mobo doesn't like to play nice with others.:scratch:
  • ronboronbo Connecticut
    edited February 2006
    WOW. I did notice one thing, Buddha16. Your motherboard temperature is "always" high. I wonder if the sensor itself is bad? My motherboard temp is never more than 20 C. I cannot believe your motherboard is 169 F. No way. It would not last one day if it was that hot. If your computer seems to be running ok then I believe it might be the chip ( sensor ) that is defective....giving wrong information..
  • ronboronbo Connecticut
    edited February 2006
    This is what mine looks like....
    [IMG][/img]everestmedium5qu.jpg
    edited February 2006
    mobo3.jpg

Sometimes both programs stay consistent with each other, but then other times they are not in synch. So I guess the sensor has gone bad. I don't think it’s getting hot, like you said it wouldn’t last a day if it was. Are there external temp monitors available?