Windows XP Live Boot CD very cool!

FormFactorFormFactor At the core of forgotten
edited July 2006 in Science & Tech
Found this free XP live boot CD recently, figured I would share it.

http://www.nu2.nu/pebuilder/

You just run the program, choose what apps that are currently installed on your PC you would like included on the disc, and burn it.

Hopefully someone finds it usefull.

Comments

• edited April 2004
    Is it easy to use? I've seen a couple which look like a royal pain in the ass to get a working disk.
  • FormFactorFormFactor At the core of forgotten
    edited April 2004
    Very!

Give it a try. You do need your original XP install disc. The app actually pulls the necasarry files of the install disc to make the live disc.
  • edited December 2005
    I have the windows xp live cd i downloaded off mIRC umm what do i do with it now burn it and run it from start up?
  • HelloKittieHelloKittie Charlotte, NC
    edited March 2006
    I don't have my original XP disc. I need to boot my old laptop. It had a virus that turned off the task manager. Can't go beyond inactive desktop. Any suggestions??

Thanks! Kel:doh:
  • KwitkoKwitko Sheriff of Banning (Retired) By the thing near the stuff Icrontian
    edited March 2006
    If you can get a XP CD from a friend you can use it to make the PE disc and retrieve your important files.
  • edited July 2006
    FormFactor wrote:
    Found this free XP live boot CD recently, figured I would share it.

http://www.nu2.nu/pebuilder/

You just run the program, choose what apps that are currently installed on your PC you would like included on the disc, and burn it.

Hopefully someone finds it usefull.

Thanks man for u info. I created the live cd and added a few programs such as msn and ... into the installatiion but non of those program worked. could u tell me what should i do so those program work..Thanks
  • deicistdeicist Manchester, UK
    edited July 2006
    MethoD wrote:
    Thanks man for u info. I created the live cd and added a few programs such as msn and ... into the installatiion but non of those program worked. could u tell me what should i do so those program work..Thanks

You need to try and find a plugin for it. Do a search in google for 'MSN messenger bartPE plugin' and see what you turn up. To be honest it's not really intended for use a 'live windows cd' for everyday use, it's more for diagnostics and maintenence on unbootable machines.