Err, Need Some Help

edited March 2006 in Hardware
Hey guys, I seem to have a problem. I installed a new motherboard from another computer into my computer and when i started my computer i get this error
STOP: 0x0000007B (0xF789E528, 0xC0000034, 0x00000000, 0x00000000)
So I googled it and i found This site here but i cant figure out what to do. But here is the thing, I had Windows 2000 on the computer that i got the motherboard from, so i took the harddrive from that computer and set it as master and booted up with it and it worked. So now i have 2 harddrives installed, I booted up from one of them and i want to move the drivers and/or the registry entries to the other hd so that the first error stops coming up. Any Ideas? Any help will be appreciated.
Thx

Comments

• Straight_ManStraight_Man Geeky, in my own way Naples, FL Icrontian
    edited March 2006
    Changing a whole motherboard, with 2000 or XP, normally means a reinstall of the OS. It might be possible NOT to, but is one whole big job to do.

So, can you keep and use the other HD(the one that DOES boot)??? And use it's instance of the OS you use???? Then get the data you want offof the HD that will not boot with the new motherboard???
  • edcentricedcentric near Milwaukee, Wisconsin Icrontian
    edited March 2006
    You might get away with a repair instal, but it will take some OS reworking unless the mobo are almost identical.
  • edited March 2006
    Thanks, I tried to do the repair install and it worked, so now i can use the computer and such, but my XP Disk is scratched up and stuff so i had some files that were not installed. So now i have an extremly buggy system. One of the files were for the taskbar so nothing shows up there and I have to use Alt+Tab and another was Windows Installer so i cant install anything. Sucks, I kind of wish now that I didnt change the motherboard... again thanks for the help
  • profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited March 2006
    You can use any WinXP disc, as long as it's the same version as yours (Home or Pro) and still use your own CD Key. Borrow one from a friend and repeat the Repair Install. :)
  • edited March 2006
    Well, I got an install disk from my friend and i got a few errors on his disk too but i inserted my disk for those files and well i dont get the errors that i got before anymore except now i cant find my D Drive. The partition is there because c didnt get any bigger but i cant seem to find D drive. So now i cant access my documents and such. which sucks, and i lost a big chunk of my hard drive (30 gigs) Is there any way to fix that? so that i can access my d drive. well if there isnt, i did make a copy of my d and then put it on another comp in the network, so i didnt loose any of my docs atleast, but did loose 30 gigs of my harddrive
  • edited March 2006
    Wow, Just a matter of seconds, I installed SP2 and restarted, and bam, there it is. Well everything is working fine, So thanks u guys alot, This is like the 5th time the great members of Short-Media have helped me save my PC.
  • profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited March 2006
    I'm betting your D: partition problem was due to XP's original limitation to HD's smaller than 137GB. The SP is likely what fixed it.

Glad you got it, sectorz715. :)