edited May 2006
    Nice work prime! :thumbsup:

I love my G15.. FRIGGIN HUGE! ;)
  • gibbonslgibbonsl Grand Forks AFB
    edited May 2006
    anyone tryed it with WOW
  • WingaWinga Mr South Africa Icrontian
    edited May 2006
    I use a ZBoard. With my limited "programming knowlege" and laziness to tweak anything beyond it'd default settings, the ZBoard is perfect for me. Just change the Keypad and you set!!

However the G15 looks to be an awesome board and a good all rounder. Not just for gamers. Logitec was clever with that one, it will appeal to a broader market and not just the gaming niche.
  • RADARADA Apple Valley, CA Member
    edited May 2006
    Plan to get one once I get settled in out in Cali.

The G15 seems to have great functionality, without looking too "whiz-bang". I've been looking for a high-end keyboard, that doesn't look like it could double as a child's toy... Too many today's keyboards look like they could morph into the latest Gundam or Transformer toy when not performing their primary function.

Side Note: I know this is kind of off-topic concerning the G15, but...

The Dell minimalist keyboard you were using has be such a failure in two different work environments of mine.

I must have installed, then replaced 4 dozen of those keyboards while I was working at my last network admin job for a big defense contractor. Had the same results at my current job, barely got them installed before someone was on the phone ranting about "....this keyboard..."

The main problem is the the bulge at the bottom for the space bar. The spacebar juts out from the bottom of the keyboard, leaving an intent on either side of it.

This bulge causes 2 problems:

1. The keyboard won't sit flush in the keyboard rest/tray of a standing workstation, it cants to the right. This makes typing hard for some users..

2. The bulge makes using most wrist rests difficult. Again, the keyboard design won't let the wrist rest sit flush..

I guess I'm not the first one to complain about these keyboards. If you call Dell about them, they'll immediately upgrade you to the next higher up model with an attachable plastic wrist rest..

just my 2c....
  • Sledgehammer70Sledgehammer70 California Icrontian
    edited May 2006
    The G15 IMO is far from a hard core gaming Keyboard. As it performs dailys functions properly and it checks my mail,But works just like any other keyboard in gaming. I have found the 3 sets of G keys useless, as scrunching my fingers together has given me more hand cramps than anything. I think when it comes to gaming I will aim towards my ZBoard key sets.
  • MissilemanMissileman Orlando, Florida Icrontian
    edited May 2006
    I just got the G15 tonight. I got it from Dell since they had it on sale($70 w/free shipping). It is friggin huge, but not any bigger than my old Microsoft internet natural. Gonna take a while to get used to flat again.

Over all I like the feel and look. Functions as advertised.

And a note for you WOW players.
    Next patch the LCD functions are going to be built in the game cause it's working on the test server now.