120 mm goodness IS NOW HERE!

2»

Comments

• GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian
    edited June 2006
    Now that would be a sweet case mod - put a scale-model shaker hood in there, and a sign that says, "Yeah, it's got a Hemi."
  • csimoncsimon Acadiana Icrontian
    edited June 2006
    I have the hole saw! hehe
  • edited June 2006
    I've actually thought about that, and also seeing if there would be some way to fab up a velocity stack like you used to see on high performance carbureted engines to mount on top the fan. A nice shiny aluminum velocity stack that is sized to fit a 120mm fan would look so cool.:crazy:

Or, if I knew of a way of molding plexiglas, I could cut a big window in the case side and then mold a plexi window to where it looks like the late 1960's to early 1970's high perfomance Chevelle SS hoods, which had a big dome in the hood with a giant air intake on the side closest to the windshield. Or maybe like the hood scoop off the mid to late 70's Trans Am's.:vimp:
  • Yayo01Yayo01 Member
    edited June 2006
    Gargoyle wrote:
    This place has a whole bunch of used monster 120mm fans for sale, and many are 120V AC. If anyone is freaking insane, let me know, and I'll find out how much they want for them. :D

Do they sell 80MM fans with four pin connectors? :wtf:

Question,
    What WILL happen of i put 5 of those bad ass at the rear venting out? and two at teh front as an intake? and put a 747 like wings on the side of my case and set 4 of those like teh 747's engines?......will my pc fly?? :p
  • WuGgaRoOWuGgaRoO Not in the shower Icrontian
    edited June 2006
    ahhhh DELTA!!! can't go wrong with those bad boys..but 50 bucks...wayyy too much money for mah blood i want comparrision temps though dangnabbit
  • edited June 2006
    Hell, I'm offshore until next week. I have no idea what it's settled down at now, since I got it installed and up only around 12 hours before I had to leave for work on the rig. But I had already seen the folding temps drop somewhat as the AS5 started settling in and it was around 38 C with 2 folding clients running. :cool: