*NEW* SiI3x12: SATA RAID/IDE BIOS v4x76 Released

Comments

• edited June 2006
    Hello illusion,

In the attachment there is the new A7N8X Deluxe BIOS file (ver. 1008) with updated SiI 3112 BIOS ver. v4276.

Use the modified BIOS file at your own risk.

If you are interested in a BIOS setup menu with more options, then just let me know.
    Following options can be unhide.

Main
    + Legacy Diskette B
    + Video
    + Halt On

Advanced --> Advanced BIOS Features
    + MPS Version Control For OS
    + Small Logo(EPA) Show

Advanced --> Advanced Chipset Features
    + CHIP Voltage Control

Advanced --> Integrated Peripherals
    + OnChip IDE Channel0
    + Primary Master PIO
    + Primary Slave PIO
    + Primary Master UDMA
    + Primary Slave UDMA
    + OnChip IDE Channel1
    + Secondary Master PIO
    + Secondary Slave PIO
    + Secondary Master UDMA
    + Secondary Slave UDMA
    + IDE Prefetch Mode
    + Machine MAC(NV) Address
    + MAC(NV) Address Input
    + IDE HDD Block Mode
    + UR2 Duplex Mode:

Advanced --> Power Management Setup
    + ACPI function :
    + Power Management :
    + HDD Power Down :
    + Power On By Button:
    + KB Power ON Password:
    + Hot Key Power ON :

Advanced --> PnP/PCI Configurations
    + Reset Configuration Data
  • edited June 2006
    thanks a lot really cool!!!!
    i will give a try
    if everything is ok with this bios mod i would like to have unhiden options.especialy chip voltage.
    i will let you know
  • edited June 2006
    I really hope I'm not repeating something that has been said across these pages - I've looked at the Sil 3x12 v4x50 and 4x76 forums, honest!

I have an eBuyer Sil 3112A SATARAID 2 port PCI card.
    I've got it fitted in my file & print server along with 4 IDE drives on an ECS K7S5A motherboard.

After having massive problems trying to get either of two SATA drives to show in Win XP and now it refuses to go beyond the SATA card POST if the drive is attached.

I guess I need to flash the BIOS.
    Problem is, I'm not sure whether to go for the 4250 or 4276.
    I suppose I can try one and then go to the other.
    Is the 4276 stable on the standalone cards please?

I'm still gobsmacked at the incredible amount of time you seem to put into helping other guys out there.
    Cheers
    Rob
  • edited June 2006
    Hi robmartin.

You can surely try to update the Silicon Image BIOS without any problems.
    robmartin wrote:
    I suppose I can try one and then go to the other.
    Yes. That's right.

If you have further questions/problems which may be too difficult to describe, then you can show me your RAID controller related problems directly on my:
    public available desktop.
  • edited June 2006
    I used the new A7N8X Deluxe BIOS file (ver. 1008) with updated SiI 3112 BIOS but this didn't fix the problem.My conputer is stable and my hard disk maxtor 80gb is a bit faster after the update (near 5%).But again my plextor px-712sa cannot read dvd,I am getting always this input/output error.
    Any ideas?
  • edited June 2006
    Hi robmartin.

You can surely try to update the Silicon Image BIOS without any problems.

Yes. That's right.

If you have further questions/problems which may be too difficult to describe, then you can show me your RAID controller related problems directly on my:
    public available desktop.

Thanks for the reply.
    I have updated the BIOS to Ver4.2.76 and then checked the disk in 'Administration Tools/Computer Management/Disk Management."
    I deleted the partition and repartitioned and formatted it.
    After it had got to 100% it said it failed to format.
    Now if I click on the disk it says it needs to be formatted but it just fails each time.
    The drive was fine on my other PC with nForce4 chipset.
    Maybe the Sil 3112 card is faulty or do I need to reload the drivers after flashing the BIOS?
    What drivers should I be using with v4276 please - 1.0.0.56?

Regards
    Rob
  • edited June 2006
    I'm not sure but i believe that low level format will fix your problem.
    You can try at your raid properties.Most of times is F4 or ctrl+S before your computer try to boot from a disk.
  • edited June 2006
    illusion wrote:
    I'm not sure but i believe that low level format will fix your problem.
    You can try at your raid properties.Most of times is F4 or ctrl+S before your computer try to boot from a disk.

Thanks for the suggestion but why would a drive that worked perfectly well on 2 other systems need to be low-level formatted on a third system?
    Surely, logic says that there must be wrong with this damn PCI card ?!

Regards
    Rob
  • edited June 2006
    robmartin wrote:
    Thanks for the suggestion but why would a drive that worked perfectly well on 2 other systems need to be low-level formatted on a third system?

Because you did not mention this fact* before. ;)
    *="...worked perfectly well on 2 other systems..."

So, illusion wrote the hint about a low level format.

robmartin wrote:
    Surely, logic says that there must be wrong with this damn PCI card ?!

...there is indeed something wrong.
  • edited June 2006
    Because you did not mention this fact* before. ;)
    *="...worked perfectly well on 2 other systems..."

So, illusion wrote the hint about a low level format.

...there is indeed something wrong.

That's a very good point!
    Thanks. I'll try the card in another one of my systems and if it does the same, send it back to eBuyer.
    Regards
    Rob
  • edited June 2006
    Borg I still have problem with my SATA plextor DVD-rw.
    I think is more hardware compatibility problem than software.
    Anyway do you have any idea why me memory is working only at a frequency that is the same with the fsb of my cpu.When i am trying to set it at 400 mhz my computer is crushing.Even at 333mhz.
    My memory is twinmoss PC3200 512mb cl2.5.
  • edited June 2006
    Hi, I recently bought a Westeen Digitial WD400KD SATA HDD 400GIGs, I think it doesn't have RAID Features, when I installed it, my motherboard nor Windows XP does not detects it at all, I have a ASUS P4G8X Deluxe mobo with SiI 3112a Controller, I recently updated my mobo to it's newest BIOS from thee ASUS web-site but it still doesn't help me I think thee SiI 3112a ver that it comes with is 4.2.46 ish. Well, my question is there a way I can modify a P4G8X Deluxe BIOS with thee newest SiI 3112A BIOS maybe a IDE Base BIOS because I think thee RAID doesn't work on my PC because it isn't a RAID HDD Not sure how thee SATA works or how it can be detected because nothing is working, every cable is tightly in and nothing. ohh and I tried to use CBROM215 and nothing it gives me some weird reading and can't use thee /pci features. Thanks for reading :werr:
  • edited June 2006
    Hi MustangSVT,

Referring to your thread:
    http://www.short-media.com/forum/showthread.php?p=398988#post398988
    ... I have got news.

The Gigabyte GA 7n400pro2 rev2x BIOS file (ver. FD) with updated Silicon Image 3512 BIOS ver. 4.3.76 is attached below.

I also prepared a "FD" BIOS version with Silicon Image 3512 BIOS ver. 4.3.47.

• edited June 2006
    Does anyone have the link with the new Sil 3112 drivers?
  • edited June 2006
    hi illusion,

You can download different Sil 3112 drivers here: http://www.siliconimage.com/support/supportsearchresults.aspx?pid=63&cid=3&ctid=2
  • edited June 2006
    Borg Number One, you are a lifesaver. I just requested the 7N400 Pro2 Rev2 BIOS version "FD" which isn't the newest in the other thread because I had problems with the FK one (not because it was modded by you guys, but the motherboard BIOS itself).
    I downloaded one of the BIOSes from here. Specifically, the one for Gigabyte 7N400 Pro2 Rev2, with BIOS version FK.

I updated my BIOS using this modded version of FK from here and I have good news and bad news.

Good news:
    - fixed my SATA HDD problem of "Delayed Write Failed"

Bad news:
    - my overclock of Athlon XP-M @ 205x11.5 (2358Mhz) isn't stable anymore

Is there any way I could incorporate this new SATA BIOS into the 7N400 Pro2 Rev2 BIOS FD (instead of FK), because I was using FD before and my overclock was stable. Thanks in advance.

I'm not sure how to attack, but this is the BIOS I'm talking about (FD version).

http://www.giga-byte.com/Support/Mot...S&FileID=10906

You see, I've had my overclock of 205x11.5 on this motherboard + CPU for over 2 years now, and it must've gotten used to using the FD version with this combination as this overclock isn't stable on other BIOS versions (but it is 100% stable on the FD bios).

I will flash using your modded version of FD and hopefully it will fix the HDD delayed write failed errors I'm getting (the modded version of FK did and it was same SATA BIOS version, so it should).

Thanks again. :bigggrin:

Update: overclock working, CPU @ 2362MHz, and the problems with my SATA Maxtor 250GB of delayed write failed are gone! :clap: :canflag: :thumbup
  • edited June 2006
    I checked silicon site but the drivers i found are old versions like 1.0.0.51 for sata raid.
    I have 1.0.0.53 but i heard that 1.0.0.56 is released.

Thanks anyway.
  • edited June 2006
    Hi illusion.

it is really crazy that new driver version just can be found on sites from Far East.

http://www.google.de/search?q="1.00.53"+raid
  • edited June 2006
    I still have this problem with my Px-712SA DVD-RW and I'm trying to find a solution without buying new hardware but I think that this is impossible.
    So i will try a cheap ATA DVD-RW for now until my next mainboard update.
  • edited June 2006
    Hi illusion,

Referring to new (unpublic) Si3112 drivers, you should heck these links:
    http://www.google.de/search?q="1.0.56.1"+raid
    http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=597238

You also should get in contact with Silicon Image technical support team to explain your problems to them.
  • edited June 2006
    Thanks man I downloaded these drivers.So I will see if something changed.
    I have contact with silicon image and the told me that I should contact with ASUS.
    I contacted with ASUS but none could help.
    So I think I have to update my system in order to find a solution
  • edited June 2006
    Hi,
    i have an Asus A7NX-E Deluxe with Sil3112 Sata Raid. I downloaded the new 4276 from Silicon, and i was building my modded bios with CBRom.
    But i see in the archives there are 3
    4276.bin
    r4276.bin
    b4276.bin
    From the tutorial i read around, the right is the 4276.bin, or i can make a stripped version with hexedit of the other 2.
    In my case, possibly i can use 4276.bin, or the stripped r4276.bin.
    It's the same thing? There are differences between the two?
    Thank you very much.
  • edited June 2006
    Hi 3ngel I think that r4276.bin and b4276.bin are only for add-on card and you shouldn't flash at motherboard controlers.
  • edited June 2006
    Hi Bloody,

I downloaded and checked the P4G8X Deluxe BIOS 1007.002:
    ftp://dlsvr03.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/sock478/p4g8x/1007-002.zip

Using CBROM with this special Asus BIOS is not a good idea. :)
    CBROM is not able to open this Asus BIOS file, but an original Asus command line tool is able... :)

Well, I could successfully extract the embedded Silicon Image 3112A BIOS.
    It is the BIOS version: 4.2.47.

But there are some troubles[...] while adding the latest 3112A BIOS 4.2.76.
    I will inform you when I could successfully update the Asus BIOS file.

PS:
    If you would like to remove your current P4G8X Deluxe BIOS logo:
    asus-p4g-8x-deluxe.png
    ...or if you want to replace it with your own firm logo or photo, then let me know.
  • edited June 2006
    Hi Bloody,

There are news. :)

The Asus P4G8X Deluxe BIOS file (ver. 1007.002) with updated Silicon Image 3112 BIOS ver. 4.2.76 is attached below.

• edited July 2006
    oldhouse wrote:
    Bios working fine. But do I have to press button to skip booting logo every time?

this is quite annoying. any way to get around it??
  • edited July 2006
    jiggamanjb wrote:
    oldhouse wrote:
    Bios working fine. But do I have to press button to skip booting logo every time?
    this is quite annoying. any way to get around it??

Ya, I found this annoying too.

I just took the default 1013 BIOS for the A7N8X-E Deluxe and replaced the SiI BIOS. Nothing else changed, no menus hidden or added, no banner requiring enter to be pressed.

Running on my machine right now, no warranty expressed or implied.

Enjoy.
  • LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited July 2006
    I justed wanted to drop in and thank you folks who've posted recently with both advice and new files to try. Although I don't use the subject motherboard, I am pleased to see helpful members working to make life easier for others.

Thank You,

Leonardo
    Adjudicator, Short-Media
  • edited July 2006
    Hi Leonardo.

> I am pleased to see helpful members working to make life easier for others.

Thank you.

Well, it is really sad that there are still many motherboard firms who do not update their BIOS files frequently and who want not help in BIOS related problems/wishes/requests.

So, I like it to help other users with BIOS related problems.
  • edited July 2006
    @Borg Number One

Many thanks for the P4G8X Bios. Have a long search behind me. My Mobo don't work anymore, because i installed a new SATA Drive. Now i will try the new Bios.

Can you integrate the last Bios from SiliconImage into the P4G8X Deluxe Bios 1007.02, please?

EDIT: It's done.

Nice work! Greetings from Germany! :wave: