GeForce MX 4000 question

Yayo01Yayo01 Member
edited July 2006 in Hardware
Why my "Tornado" Geforce MX 4000 128/64bit GFX Card dont support the Heat Haze Effects of Generals ZeroHour? o_O?? and I also noticed that my old GeForce 2 mx 400(IIRC) supports the heat haze effect...

Thanks in Advance and i know a GF4 is an old card

Comments

• Sledgehammer70Sledgehammer70 California Icrontian
    edited July 2006
    Heat Haze Effects of Generals ZeroHour? what on earth are you talking about?
  • Yayo01Yayo01 Member
    edited July 2006
    Ok... Have you ever played C&C Generals ZeroHour Expansion pack of C&C Generals..? EA added a neat Heat Haze effects for ONE single unit...the Microwave tank....when i play it on my pc that has the "Tornado" Geforce MX 4000 128MB /64bit GFX Card" I dont see it....when i play it on my other pc that has the "GeForce 2 mx 400 64mb GFX card" I see it...it lags but i see it....
  • RWBRWB Icrontian
    edited July 2006
    I know this heat haze effect you speak of.... but as to why one card "supports" it... I doubt Heat Haze is a feature on the card. My bet is that you should be able to see it with either card...
  • Yayo01Yayo01 Member
    edited July 2006
    What ever i do...i dont see the Heat Haze on my pc with the GF4card >_> even updated the drivers and stuff...on the GF2 (updated drivers and stuff) I can see the effects...yes it lags but i can see it.. "wonders"
  • EnverexEnverex Worcester, UK Icrontian
    edited July 2006
    I'm amazed the GF2 runs it at all to be perfectly honest as the game relies on Vertex Shaders and some other high end features...
  • Yayo01Yayo01 Member
    edited July 2006
    maybe i'll just give up? since i know GF4 is crap....